Chapter 42

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N:

If you have NOT read the Percy Jackson book series (along with the sequels and spin offs), please don't mind this author note. ENJOY!

 

If you HAVE read PJO, please do read:
If something doesn't make sense to you, or you think something doesn't exist in the PJO AU, please note that it is something I completely made up by myself. You will know what I'm talking about. I will explain further on the author note at the end of this chapter as usual. ENJOY!!

 

 

~*~

 

Yuta decided that we should split up, so that we didn't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves. 

The smell of three demigods, not to mention two of them being the Big Three's, is already like waving a bit neon sign to the monsters.

I refused to be separated from Yuta, because of his condition. So I insisted that we go together, and we did. But Jaehyun was with us.

Grumpy, pouty, quiet Jaehyun. 

I still couldn't point out why he was acting the way he was right now. 

Even when we were cramped up inside the crowded subway, with the crowd pushing me to him until there was no more space between us, he still wasn't saying anything. He was holding on to the railing above and there was too little of space for me to hold on to it, so I put my hands on him instead.

He looked way too uncomfortable. He was looking out of the window, refusing to meet my eyes.

I never know how to comfort someone. I am always afraid to say the wrong things, or say something stupid to make the matter worse. So for most of the time, I always end up doing nothing.

We got off at Ginza and made our way to our meeting point, in front of the giant clock. Each of the small groups were assigned to different locations near the clock, to watch for Hwasa.

Xiaojun was blessed with a foresight and told us the exact table and time that Hwasa will be at in the cafe.

Jaehyun walked way ahead of me and Yuta. And because of that, he noticed the tension between me and Jaehyun. 

We arrived at our location, across of Hwasa' cafe. Once Taeyong and Xiaojun got her, Taeyong will shadow travel to a closed retail store nearby. Then we all are going to meet there.

The three of us were standing side to side, but Jaehyun was standing way too far from us. Now this is starting to get under my skin.

No, I was actually worried about him. Come to think of it, he never really talks about himself with me. 

Wait a second, I know nothing about him. 

I walked over to where he was standing.

Jaehyun noticed that I was walking closer to him so he walked away. 

"Jaehyun..." I tried to call him.

He stopped, sighed, and turned around. "What?"

"What's wrong?" 

"What do you mean what's wrong?"

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?" He said, like he was annoyed.

"Like you're avoiding me." I said.

"Maybe I am." 

"Why??" 

"Oh you suddenly care about what I feel? I thought you would like me better if I shut up."

I frowned at him. "Of course... I care. How could you say that?"

"Really? It's hard to believe considering everytime we talk it'll just turn into an argument." Jaehyun said. 

I reached for his hand, "Jaehyun. Talk to me. If it is because of me I want you to tell me."

He pulled back his hand defensively. "Plea— please don't do that."

What is wrong with him?

"Hey, is everything alright?" Yuta said from behind me.

"Yes, it is." Jaehyun said.

"No, it's not. We are about to ambush one of the greatest witches but I feel like your head is somewhere else."

"Oh so that's what you're actually worried about."

What have I said? I shouldn't have said that. I'm so stupid.

Jaehyun turned around and walked away.

"I am not done here, Jaehyun." 

"Well, I am." He dismissed.

"Jaehyun!" I walked and grabbed his arm to stop him from getting away even further.

He turned around, and eyed my hand that was holding his arm. "We will talk about this after everything is done."

"No, just say it now." I pleaded. 

"No way," Yuta said behind us, and snickered.

What was that all about?

Both Jaehyun and I gave him a look. 

"What?" I asked.

Jaehyun glared at the demigod. 

"So it's true?" Yuta asked Jaehyun.

"What? What is true?" I let go of Jaehyun and turned to Yuta.

"Remember what you said in Victor's office, Juli?" Yuta took a step closer to us with a very amused smile.

"Shut.the . up." Jaehyun said.

"Remember what you said about the prince?"

....

I do. I do remember it.

"What about it?" 

"Yuta. If you don't shut your mouth—"

"Why do you think the little prince in the picture looks like Jaehyun?" Yuta continued, cutting Jaehyun's sentence.

Jaehyun stormed off to him and grabbed his shirt. "That's enough."

"Jaehyun! If you lay a finger on him I swear—"

"Why don't you say it yourself, Jaehyun? Why are you being such a coward? Tell her." Yuta still taunted. "After all, you don't lie to your own family."

What Yuta said at the end, made me froze on my spot. 

Jaehyun swung a punch at Yuta, but Yuta caught his fist, then he pushed Jaehyun away from him. 

Jaehyun stumbled back and I met his shaking eyes. 

"I didn't know..." Jaehyun said. "I swear I didn't. Just like you, my childhood memory was a blur. But for the past days since I saw the family picture, some of it were coming back to me slowly. I remember our home, the palace. You ... and..."

I looked away, I couldn't... I don't know. I don't know what to say, or think. I needed to breathe.

I looked around and there were too many people. I wanted everyone to disappear. I wanted everything to disappear. I just wanted to breathe.

Jaehyun and Yuta kept calling my name. 

I regret this. Jaehyun was right. We should've talked about this after Hwasa.

I let out a sharp breath. "Keep your eyes opened, guys. We still need to look out for Hwasa." I said, trying to sound normal.

When the clock says half past three, that is when Hwasa will exit the cafe and Taeyong's team will get her.

At this point, nothing will surprise me anymore. 

I wanted to get away from them, from Jaehyun. What's next? Is Hendery my sister? 

"Wait... that's.. that's Hwasa!" Yuta hissed. 

He was right. Hwasa was exiting the cafe. Twenty minutes earlier than expected.

I hope Taeyong saw her.

Taeyong grabbed her arm, and Xiaojun grabbed the other. Then they moved back threw their bodies to the back and dissolved into shadow.

 

~

 

Yuta, Jaehyun and I go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter