Chapter 45

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~
 

I decided that I would go out with Yuta. 

Out of the room. I wanted to get out, and breathe fresh air. 

As I was tailing him through the long hallway, there were people bowing to our direction.

"Who are they?" I asked quietly as I grasped the back of his dress.

Then another lady with the same dress as the ladies before, bowed again as she was passing us by.

"They're servants, relax." 

Yuta grabbed my hand that was holding him from his back and pulled me to walk next to him. Then he opened up my palm and interlocked our fingers together.

I felt my cheeks were burning. "Ugh I feel like they're bowing to me now."

"They are." Yuta smiled at me.

Why would they bow to me— servants?? 

"Where exactly in Ba Sing Se are we, Yuta?" I asked.

"The Upper Ring." he said.

"And what is this place?"

"The Royal Palace." He said casually.

We made a sharp turn to the left and stopped in front of a giant wooden door. There were two armed men with spears who seemed to be guarding the door opened it for us.

The room was so much brighter, I had to squint.

"JULI!!"

I heard several familiar voices as the door was completely opened. There was a fancy fire place across the room, green sofas, and tables and some kind of a board game on top of it. Then at the other side of the room was a giant window with fancy golden casing.

"It's so good to see you, Juli!" Xiaojun said as he walked closer extending his arms for a hug.

That means I have to let go of Yuta's hand. So I did and I received a warm hug from Xiaojun.

"Good morning, princess." Ten smirked.

And I will never get used to be called Avatar, or princess, or have people bowing to me.

Xiaojun and I pulled away from each other.

"Happy to see everyone's doing good," I said as my eyes landed on Jaehyun.

"Glad to have you back." He said and I couldn't help but to smile at that.

The guys were all dressed similarly like Yuta, but they all wore different shades of green. And like Yuta, they all looked like princes.

Especially Jaehyun. 

I feel like I'm in some kind of a historical movie.

As I scanned around the room, I noticed that there was something not right.

"Where's Mark?" I asked to no one in particular. "Where is Hendery??" 

My heart began to race faster.

"Mark had to clear out some business in Omashu," Ten said. "He should be returning tonight."

Omashu, the second largest city in the Earth Kingdom, as I remember it from one of the classes I took when I was in the institute.

"Can't you believe that kid is a... prince??" Xiaojun put his arm on top of my shoulder and leaned on me, then he snickered. "I can't believe we just found out about it after all those years we've known him!"

Mark... is a prince? 

I guess I don't really know them at all. Who am I to think that I know any of them? My worst mistake all along.

"Where is Hendery??" I asked.

Then everyone in the room stayed silent, and avoided to meet my eyes. I turned to look at Xiaojun who was still leaning to me, but then he pulled away.
 

"We had to... lock him up."

Someone said, whose voice I couldn't recognize. 

Xiaojun and Ten moved away and revealed a guy sitting on one of the sofas. He put a cup that he was holding down on the table before standing up, smirking at me.

His outfit was much fancier, with golden—I believe— silks and he had a golden headpiece that encircled his small bun on top of his head.

I knew he must be someone important, but my blood boiled at what he said. I glared at the rich guy.

He stopped right in front of me, and took my hand and kissed the back of my palm. I shuddered. "It's an honor to have finally meet you, Avatar—" He looked up and smiled.

I yanked my hand away from him before he could say another word, "what do you think you're doing??" I hissed.

The rich guy pulled back, keeping his smile on. "— and to have finally meet the Princess of the Fire Nation." He continued. 

I naturally looked at the guys behind the rich guy for explanation, but they were all just staring at me with eyes wide opened.

Ten's mouth gapped open like he was in shock, when he noticed I was looking at him he mouthed 'that's the prince you idiot!'

Like I care?

"Where is Hendery?" I demanded.

"Ahh I am so so sorry for her... vulgar behavior, Prince Yangyang." Ten smiled to Yangyang. "The princess grew up in a... tough area and times, please forgive her."

I pushed Ten away from Yangyang and I stomped closer to the prince. "Where are is he? Answer me!"

"He is in a room with a high security."

"How dare you—"

"He is a threat, Princess Juli. And we cannot let someone like him roaming around the Royal Palace—"

"Someone like him???" 

My fists were tingling and I fight the strong urge to have it on his pretty face.

"Juli," Yuta held me back by my shoulder. "He tried to..." Yuta gulped nervously, "he tried break into your room for several times." He said. "With a dagger, and admitted he had no memory in doing so."

"He volunteered to be locked up," Yangyang shrugged. 

"It's not him, it's the dark witch." Jaehyun followed. "Since the news of the map being returned back to the Olympians, multiple attacks has been happening around the globe here, in the bending world."

"It's her, alright." Yangyang said. "If you are ready, Avatar, the king and I had set up a meeting regarding the war." His voice became more stern and serious.

War?

"We have to take action soon. We cannot let this attack keep going on. Innocent lives are at stake." Yangyang continued. "And we are ready to fight with you, and so are the rest of the other nation leaders. And you..." he stepped closer to me. "Have to learn all of the four elements fast."

My headaches became worse after hearing all of this. I breathed in, and out. This is normal, and I know it is stressful, but it's my duty. This is what I am here for.

"I wanna see Hendery." 
 

 

~
 

 

"The meeting with the world leaders will take place tomorrow at noon." Yuta said as he was leading me to Hendery.

"I thought you and I are the ones who are gonna fight the dark witch." I mumbled.

"We are," he said. "But we can't possibly do it without an army. The Fire Nation is swarming with monsters, dark creatures." 

I want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter