Chapter 49

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N:

Hi everyone! I am back! Will be updating several chapters sorry for the long wait!

If you're here early, try refreshing the page to see the next chapter that I am currently uploading (until chapter 55)

ENJOY!!

 

For quick updates and a better mobile experience you can find me on the wattpad app (for mobile users) and my user is @neogotham . 

 

 

 

~*~

 

This has got to be the longest night of my life.

After Taeyong left, I walked around the palace trying to find one of the guys.

I found Xiaojun. 

He immediately ran to me. I told him everything that has happened, minus Taeyong, and after that I cleaned myself up.

Now, I was in the common room. With the guys and Prince Yangyang. 

I was glad that Mark was okay, sitting right next to me safe and sound. The prince too.

"I told you, the king suggested that we have to get her out of here—now." The prince insisted.

My chest felt cold. Like a concrete drying there. I couldn't get my mind focused on this conversation that we were having. 

My mind was somewhere else. Thinking of someone.

"Who else knows about this plan?" Ten stopped walking in circle behind the sofa in front of me.

"Just me and my father." Prince Yangyang said, he eyed Yuta who was sitting on my right. "Look, I think the best place for her right now is the Northern Water Tribe, they have the strongest military after us. Some of us would have to travel with eel-hounds to get there before the Avatar does and let the chief know about this."

"I guess it's time to visit home," Ten smiled. "Xiaojun, how 'bout you?" Ten looked down at Xiaojun's back.

Xiaojun shifted his gaze and smiled at me, nodding. "I'll go with Ten." He said and stood up from the sofa. 

Xiaojun and Ten left the room.

I couldn't look at any of them. I was ashamed.

"I'll go with Hendery and fill him in on everything." Jaehyun said as he exited the common room.

"Alright." The prince stood up, and looked at the three of us. "I guess the four of us will go together." He said.
 

~
 

The four of us waited at the back of the Royal Palace for our ride.

"Hey," Yuta approached me and put a hooded cloak around me. 

I didn't want to go with Yuta. Not for now. Because it was confusing. I thought after my encounter with Taeyong, it would become clearer. 

It's okay, you know, to love them both. Ten once said to me.

But I was afraid it wasn't just two anymore. 

Then I heard a low deep growl from the sky, and a giant, furry bison with six legs and sharp horns on its head landed in front of us.

Yuta approached the giant with opened arms and hugged it. 

Sora, his flying bison.

My heart fluttered at the scene.

"You sure you're okay?" Mark stood right next to me.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, my eyes didn't leave Yuta.

We all got up on top of Sora's back, where there was a large leather sitting area. 

Yuta sat on Sora's head, grabbed the strapped that was tied to the horns, "yip-yip,"

With that, Sora launched into the air. We flew high until we were above the clouds. The full moon was so big in front of us, as if we were flying to it.

I closed my eyes and felt the cold night wind brushed against every inch of my face, and arms.

I looked behind me and found Yangyang was asleep at the very back. Mark was enjoying the view as he leaned on the short leather barrier around us, his chin resting on his arms on top of the barrier.

He noticed that I was looking, he moved to sit right next to me at the front area.

"I'm sorry." I finally said. 

"We found out that they actually had been following us when we got to the Middle Ring." He said. "So it's not your fault."

I stayed silent. 

Was it not? We didn't know about that. I was ignoring the consequences and put us in danger. 

"It was. I didn't listen to you guys, I was being selfish and joined the fight."

"Hey," Mark placed his hand on top of mine, and squeezed it. "Don't beat yourself up for it." He looked at me in the eye. "If it was anyone's fault, it was mine and Yangyang's. We were the ones who took you out."

"No. You guys were just trying to help, cheering me up." I said and I put my other hand on top of his. "Thank you for that. I'm just glad you guys are okay." 

"It was nothing, really." Mark smirked and we let go of each other. "We beat them pretty fast, but not fast enough to help you."

I smiled and shifted my gaze back to the full moon in front of us.

"How did you get out?" He asked. 

"It's long story." I smiled to myself. "But his name is Doyoung. He changed his mind after finding out, you know... what they were going to do to me."

Mark stayed silent for too long, so I had to check if he was still with me. He was looking at me with a puzzled look, his lips were apart slightly. "Oh..." 

He looked... sad or hurt, for a moment but pressed his lips before speaking up again.

"But how were you suddenly inside of the palace?" Mark asked. "The king doubled up the security after we got back and we were out looking for you, but none of us saw you anywhere."

Maybe I should tell him. 

"Promise me you'll stay calm after what I'm about to tell you." I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Suurree..."

"Taeyong got me in."

His eyes widened at the name, "oh heelllll noo!!"

I clasped his mouth immediately, refraining him from startling Yuta or the prince. 

"Calm down will you!!"

"He wanted to kill us all!!"

"No he didn't! He was just confused..."

Mark raised both of his eyebrows and narrowed his eyelids at me. "Suuuure."

"No, Mark, I am serious. He regret everything he did that day deeply." I said. "Trust me, I didn't want to believe it too. It would be easier if he was really... evil. But he is not." 

Mark kept staring at me, like he was waiting for something. 

I returned his gaze, "what??"

"That's not all that happened, isn't it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter