Chapter 39

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

"And I am the Princess of the Fire Nation," 

Everyone dropped dead silent, every single one of their attention were at me.

My eyes caught Taeyong's in the crowd, not far from where I was standing at. His eyes widened in bewilderment, he was looking at me with that what have you done look.

The benders in the crowd glared at me, and were ready with their elements to attack me.

The vampires red eyes glowed, and the werewolves yellow eyes sparked with excitement at me.

The demigods got their weapons ready.

 

Everyone was ready to attack me.

 

Then Mark suddenly landed in front of me,

Then Ten, with water slithering on his arms,

Then Xiaojun, pointing his bow and arrow at the crowd,

Taeyong stood beside me,

And finally, Jaehyun.

They were all shielding me from the crowd. 

"Don't look so surprised, Avatar," Ten smirked. "—princess, whatever."

"My father is so not going to be happy about this." Xiaojun said.

"Team Avatar, let's go!" Mark happily exclaimed and the five of them marched to the crowd.

I helped Hendery get Yuta up as the rest of the 127 were fighting off the crowd who were trying to get to me.

Hendery let Yuta go and went to fight off the guards and Victor.

I was left alone with Yuta. My hands were trembling uncontrollably, my whole body was. I didn't know what to do.

What's going to happen next? 

Then Jisoo stood in front of me. 

I thought she was about to attack me, but she bent down and opened her water skin—water container that waterbenders carry around—and bend the water to cover her hands. She placed it on top of Yuta's scar on the back, from the lightning strike.

She was healing him.

"Jisoo—" I started.

"Don't thank me, Juli." She smiled above her glowing hands on Yuta. "This is what friends do," she said. "We stick together, no matter what." 

I bit my lip and held back my tears.

Yuta cringed, and I squeezed his hand, which he returned.

"Juli," he managed to say.

"It's okay Yuta, we will get out of here."

I looked around, and realized that we were losing. 

The 127 were cornered by the crowd. Taeyong needed to help Hendery to fight the guards. I needed to help them, but I couldn't leave Yuta behind.

Then I saw Taeyong held his hand out, and the guards were going crazy. Some of them got their helmets off and screamed in fear. Some of them cowering away from him like they were seeing something terrifying.

Victor was about to shoot his fire to Taeyong, but Seulgi high-kicked his fist and the fire was misdirected to the sky. 

Then Irene, breathed out frost and it covered Victor completely. His entire body except for his head, was trapped with ice. 

Before he could've melted it, Taeyong put his hand on Victor's head. He blinked and stopped fighting. Taeyong had control his fear and now he was calmed.

I saw Rosé and Wendy fighting with the 127 in the crowd, but there were too many of them. Some managed to get to me, and I fended for myself.

Suddenly, the crowd stopped and held various parts of their body as they crumbled to the ground slowly. They were groaning, , and whimpering in pain.

"Just leave it to Jennie," Rosé smirked as she kicked a whimpering werewolf away off of her.

"Go!" Jennie shouted at me. "I can't hold them for too long."

I stared at her, quite far to drag her with me. I didn't want to leave her, I didn't want to leave anyone.

"Go, Juli!" Seulgi's shaky eyes met mine.

"Go!!! You're wasting the opportunity!" Wendy joined.

What? Where am I supposed to go?

"Let's go," Yuta was limping to me, and tried to pull me with him.

The rest of the 127 went to us. 

"Come on, princess!" Xiaojun said.

No, I can't just leave Jennie and everyone else. Rosé, Wendy, Seulgi, Jisoo, Irene... What will happen to them?

They chose to be on the enemy side, now they are nothing but traitors in their eyes.

"I— I can't leave you guys!" I cried out.

"It's okay! Just go!!" Jennie snapped back. "I mean it Jules, go!"

"I can't leave you guys, and my brothers—"

"We will make sure your brothers are safe." Irene said.

"But—"

"Holy Hera, go, Juli!!!" Wendy said in frustration.

"Taeyong we have to shadow travel!" Jaehyun informed.

"I can barely do that with three people!" Taeyong hissed.

"Try or we will be done for!" Jaehyun said.

"Everyone hold on to each other." Taeyong commanded.

No!

Taeyong and Xiaojun were pulling me with them. And as I was being dragged, I saw Jennie was hit in the head from behind by a giant sword,

 

Dareia,

Then she collapsed on the ground.

I screamed at the sight. 

Rosé's han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter