Chapter 38

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

I stared attentively at Jaemin who was drinking his now... primary diet.

He finished three bags already. After he was done, he put the bag on the table and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

I frowned at the sight. His eyes red, teeth and mouth red from the blood he just consumed, his darker skin complexion was now pale.

Is he really Jaemin? 

My head still hurt. I haven't slept for a while, maybe two days. 

"What's wrong?" Jaemin's glowing red eyes met mine, and it sent me chills.

I blinked, "nothing." I said faintly. "How are you feeling?"

"I... I feel fine."

My attention shifted to Lucas who got into the tent, bringing more bags, and a jewelry.

It was a simple silver necklace with a blue stone as a pendant.

"Wear this," Lucas handed the necklace to Jaemin who took it and studied it.

"Uhmmm.... for what?"

"That is a Daylight Amulet, it's lapis lazuli stone that is enchanted by a witch. With that you will be able to walk freely under the sun." Lucas said.

Jaemin mouthed an "O" and put it on his neck.

"Take care you guys." Lucas squeezed my shoulder before exiting the tent.

When I shifted my gaze back to Jaemin, he was already looking at me. 

I wanted to scold him: how could he?? How could he be so reckless??

"I was dead," he suddenly said.

"Jaemin—"

"But I am now..." he stared at his palms, and then curled his fist. "I feel so restless, do you remember when Mai used to give us sodas? I feel like I'm having a constant sugar rush,"

...

"I've never felt this much energy before, Juli. I've never felt this powerful." He continued.

I didn't know why but I felt like bursting into tears, that was why I decided not to say anything. If I did, I wouldn't be able to stop my tears.

"Lili," he said as he took a glance at me.

That was it for me. 

Only Jaemin called me by that nickname he made. 

I threw myself at him and held him in my arms. "You were dead, you were.... breathing... but your body was becoming cold—" I realized that even now, he was even colder. "You were infected, they buried you—" 

"Lili," he stopped me. "I'm okay now." He said.

I buried my face in his neck, and it was so cold.

"I'm sorry," Jaemin said. 

And we stayed like that for a while.
 

~
 

After I was sure Jaemin was asleep on the medic tent, I left him after Renjun came.

The sky was still dark, only a few hours left before sunrise.

I don't know where Hendery, Jaehyun, and Taeyong were, but if I don't see him by then I would have to leave by myself. I couldn't see them after everything that has happened.

And there is no way I would be going with Yuta.

Then I have to find out this location by a clock as the only clue.

I needed to meditate, maybe I could find answers from the guidance of the past Avatars. 

I ran to the woods with the energy I had left. 

I went to the hill overlooking the Lotus City, my favorite place in this entire cave. The one I brought Hendery to.

I sat on the grass and folded my legs. I closed my eyes and concentrated.

The Avatar has the power to get wisdoms by channeling their past lives with meditation. I used to meditate, for firebending. I have never meditate to actually speak to my past lives.

I tried to control my shaky and short breathing. I felt cold sweat trailing from my head down to my jaw.

I don't actually know how it works, but I don't think it's working.

Jaemin red eyes, blood coating his teeth, his lifeless body on my arms— and every horrible images kept flashing back to my mind when I close my eyes.

I choked back a sob, and held my hands to cover my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." I cried. "I'm sorry Mai, I failed to protect the boys. Now Jaemin is... is..."

I tried to make stop my sobs, but I couldn't. So I decided to release everything then.

I know I have to let this go, and see the bright side: Jaemin is now alive. Sort of.

After I calmed down, I felt something was pulling me.

It was the same feeling as when we were trapped in the winter.

I got up immediately and looked for the tree, the tree that was pulling me into it.

The pull led me to a huge tree, again. So I touched it.




 

I had a vision again. The same exact vision as before.

The dark throne room with burning fire, and a tall woman sitting behind it.

I still couldn't see her face.

The woman looked up and let out the most evil and eerie laugh. "Juli, Juli, Juli," she said. "Why is it so hard to make you give up??"

"Are you her? The dark witch that killed my parents?" My voice was shaking.

She laughed again and the fence of fire in front of roared with her laugh. "Aren't you the bright one? I was surprised that you were able to make a connection with me." She sounded bitter by the end of the sentence. 

"Did you make Jaemin go back to Atlanta?"

"Now that kid is a vampire isn't he??" She let out her disgusting evil laugh again. "Still dead but not quite what I wanted,"

"What the do you want from me?"

"Don't pretend that you don't know," her green eyes glowed. "If you fail to give it to me then I will make sure everyone that you care—"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter