Chapter 35

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~
 

I ran back to the campsite as fast as I could, like someone else was chasing me but there wasn't anybody.

I couldn't believe what I had just seen. I needed to tell Hendery.

I slid into the entrance of my tent, and stopped to catch my breath. Then I slowly walked over to Hendery who was still sleeping peacefully.

I poked his nose to wake him up, but he wasn't budging. Then I shook his wrist, "Hendery!" I whispered, still out of breath.

Then he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down. When I was on top of him, he flipped me over to be on top of me.

I closed my eyes shut, "s-stop." I stammered, and stopped breathing.

"You could just wake me up in a less annoying way."

"I'm sorry." I immediately said, hoping he would let me go.

I opened my eyes slightly and he was smiling at me.

"Juli," he said, softly. "You're beautiful."

I wasn't prepared for this, my heart was beating out of control and I was afraid it might burst.

When he began to lean closer to me, I panicked.

"I know the way out," I immediately said.

It succeeded to stop him. I mentally sighed out a relief.

"What?" He got off of me and shifted into a sitting position.

"I saw her," I swallowed hard.






 

When I touched the giant tree, I felt a rush of energy running from my fingers to consume my entire body.

I didn't like the energy. Though it felt powerful, I also felt hatred, and anger. Then it showed me a vision.

I was shown a big room, it was dark. There was a figure sitting on the higher floor in the room. In front of her was fire dancing from wall to the wall of the other side of the room.

It looked familiar. The room felt familiar. Like I have been here somehow.

Eventhough I couldn't make out who was sitting on the throne—I was sure it was a throne—the figure head moved. Her green eyes looked at me directly, then its pupil contracted into a thin vertical line. Like cats when they're angry, or scared.

She was scared, I could feel it.

Then she was getting away from me slowly, the room also moved away with her.

 

I stumbled back from the tree and fell over on my .

My palm didn't meet the cold icy snow, I was touching the grass.

The winter was gone.








 

"I'm pretty sure... it was her." I whispered.

"Are you okay?" Hendery scooch over to me.

"She was... afraid of me." I said quietly, then shifted my gaze to him. "Come with me outside." 

Without waiting for a reply, I hurried myself outside.

I wasn't crazy, the winter really went away. It was now a normal, warm Spring temperature. The ground and the trees turned back green.

Then everyone came out of their respective tents.

"This is so freaky," someone said next to me, it was Mark.

"We are back to Infini Cave just like that?" Sehun, the vampire, joined.

"No, we never left." I answered.

Yuta immediately shot me a suspicious look.

I cleared my throat, "I guess we should resume the mission then."

"We should," Yuta immediately responded not even a second after I spoke.

He slowly walked over to me, his face impassive. It made me froze on my spot. He stopped next to me, and bent down to reach my ear. "I make the calls here," he said. "If you don't mind."

I shuddered slightly, then he walked pass me.
 

~
 

After finding the right path to the institute, we finally arrived.

The castle was empty. When we got to the Main Hall, our footsteps echoed loudly. There was no light, and it was completely pitch-black.

Hendery, Jaehyun and I made fire with both of our hands to give the room as much light as we could. Both Hendery and Jaehyun were walking a few meters in front of me.

Johnny, Kai and Sehun decided that they would go with us to help with the blood bags. Also, Sehun needed to be fed too.

Thinking about how he almost got me sent chills down my spine. He could take me down even with a condition like that. Even if he struggled, he would've succeeded if it weren't for the 127.
 

I felt someone walking right next to me, "I might not be the Avatar,"  he whispered.

My breath was caught in my throat.

Xiaojun knows?

"But I have mastered the element of love." He smirked.

I let out a sharp sigh, and glared at him.

"What's love got to do with the Avatar? And what are you talking about?" I resumed walking with the rest.

"I see that you need help in the game," 

Gods he was still smirking.

"I really don't kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter