Chapter 26

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

I  pulled away from Jaehyun as soon as we were out of the cafeteria and glared at him. "You didn't have to do that."

"You would've gotten into real trouble with the Councils if you kept that going. You can't just punch people like that—"

"You want me to just sit around while I listen to that... thing?!" 

Jaehyun snickered, and I gave him look. 

"What's so funny?"

"Believe me, I would've loved to watch you beat them up. But sadly, Yuta talked some sense into us so we had to stop it because no one else was."

Each of the students were eyeing us both as they passed by, and I returned their glares. Jaehyun raised his eyebrow at me like he was confused.

"What has gotten into you? Are you okay—"

I stopped his hand gently that was reaching for my face. I couldn't let him act this... sensitive around me in public.

I had enough people talking behind my back, and I didn't want him to be involved.

"I'm fine, Jaehyun." 

He kept staring at me like he didn't believe what I just said.

Laughters could be heard coming towards us from the cafeteria. 

Yuta came out, then after that Xiaojun, then Mark, Ten, and finally Hendery, making their way to Jaehyun and me.

Xiaojun put his arm around my shoulders, still laughing. "Too bad we had to step up and stopped the fun. You really punched the hell out of those—"

I frowned at Xiaojun's being a bit too close to me, and he cleared his throat before stepping away.

"You should've seen everyone's face when she punched Haerin!" Mark exclaimed.

"Stop it, Mark." Yuta scolded, before turning his attention to me. 

I rolled my eyes, knowing that I would get another lecture from Yuta. 

"Next time, do it like you mean it, so they won't be getting up to return the punch to you." Yuta said, and he smirked.

I grinned involuntarily and we all laughed together.

 

~
 

Jaehyun shot fireballs continuously at me.

I dodged and blocked most of it, but not the last one. It hit me and sent me flying. I fell to the ground.

I yelped in pain.

"Come on, Juli. Focus." Jaehyun said as he got back to his defense position.

I scowled at his comment and jumped back up. 

I ran to him, challenging him to a hand-in-hand combat. I threw several punches, low kicks and mid kicks before finally punching the air to stream fire.

Jaehyun returned the fire and our fire were bursting into each other.

I breathed in while maintaining my fire stream and breathed out. I felt jolt of power from within me so I projected it through my fire.

My fire became more, and more intense. Until finally, the color turned from orange,

Into blue.

My eyes widened at the sudden change, and it caught it off guard. My fire changed back to orange so quick and finally it extinguished, letting Jaehyun's black fire toss me back harshly.

"Juli!" Jaehyun came running to my aid.

I pushed the ground with my elbows, "w—what the hell just happened?"

"Why did you stop like that?" Jaehyun kneeled on the ground to get to my level.

"My fire... turned blue." I said in between my breaths.

Both Jaehyun and I were panting like crazy. 

Jaehyun bit his lower lip, "but are you okay?"

I looked at him and nodded as a yes.

"If it was a real battle with your opponent, you're finished." Jaehyun said.

"But what happened? Why did my fire change color?"

Jaehyun stayed silent for a few seconds, "you're gifted."

I gave him a confused look.

"That was amazing, Juli. You're amazing."

If it was possible, my face felt hotter.

"Did you know that only Princess Azula could produce blue fire? The hottest fire a firebender has ever achieved in the history of firebending?"

I starred at my palm.

I can't believe I did what I did.

"Can you do it again? Bend a blue fire?" Jaehyun asked.

"I can try..." I said.

We both got up from the ground. I extended my arm and made my palm facing up to the sky.

First, the fire that came out was red. Then I focused my energy more to my palm and it was working. It turned to blue.

"Oh my gods!" I looked at Jaehyun with widening eyes and grinned from ear to ear.

I jumped in joy and I threw myself at him for a hug.

I realized that it was a stupid move, but I couldn't help it. I immediately pulled back. 

I cleared my throat, "sorry." I said. "And thank you... for helping me. You're a really good firebending teacher."

Jaehyun smiled, making his eyes turned into thin lines. He pinched my cheek.

I yelped and hit his arm away from my face. 

"You're welcome, Mushy." Jaehyun chuckled. "Good luck for your Level Test."

"I don't think I'll get to a higher level."

"Hey," his smile vanished. "Just imagine that it's me you're fighting. It worked just now, you almost won the round." He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter