Chapter 36

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

Neither of us dared to say anything. It was an awfully awkward silence.

"What?" Yuta said casually and shurgged, "you don't want my help?" He snickered. "Fine." Then he turned around to walk away.

What is he up to?

"Wait!" I immediately said, stopping him from walking away.

"Juli," Taeyong warned softly, which I ignored.

"We leave before sunrise." I said.

Yuta nodded over his shoulder and walked away.

I grabbed Hwasa's picture and ready to exit the office.

"Juli, listen to me." Taeyong held both of my shoulders to get my attention. "We can't go to my Earth. There are too much danger."

"Then you don't have to come," I said and moved his hands away.

"He's right," Hendery said, making me stop on my track. "Once you're there, they will know and they will hunt you down."

"Who? Who's gonna hunt her down and why?" Jaehyun asked, completely not having a clue.

"I make my own decisions," I said while eyeing both Taeyong and Hendery. "I'd rather die trying."

"Whoa whoa time out. Nobody's gonna die, okay?" Jaehyun said. "And hello?? Juli??" He waved his hand at me like an idiot. "I'm here too, and willing to help too, aren't you going to explain what's going on?? Why am I the only one who doesn't seem to know about this?"

Hendery and Taeyong exhanged looks before looking back at me. 

"I—" I sighed. "Give us a minute, we'll meet you guys outside." I said to Hendery and Taeyong.

They both wasted to time and exited the office, closing shut the door.

Jaehyun looked at me nervously, waiting for me to speak.

But I couldn't get anything out.

"Well??" He demanded.

Will he change his mind about me after this? Of course he will. He's from the Fire Nation. His family and home were destroyed because of my parents. 

"What if I'm not the person who you think I am?" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"I don't care, just tell me what's going on."

"Can't you connect the dots?"

"No, I can't, Juli. That's why I need you to explain it to me. Because it doesn't make sense."

"What? What doesn't make sense to you?"

"What Hendery said just now, and why you're looking for Hwasa."

It was too obvious, and I could see that he was in denial. I think he had something on his mind already.

I looked into his eyes, before finally saying it. Then I changed my mind.

I realized, I was too afraid of the consequences if I told the truth. 

He was the only person who matters to me that doesn't see me as the princess, or the Avatar. I'm just Juli to him. He doesn't excessively try to protect me.

Or maybe kill me for the dark witch.

And I don't want to anything to change.

"I—" I took a shaky breath. "I still don't know anything, that's why I'm trying to find out."

"By looking for Hwasa? The Fire Nation Royal Family's witch?"

He wasn't buying it.

"She's the only witch that we can track down."

"Taeyong said the curse that you have might be hers. What makes him think of that?"

"That's why, I don't know. I don't understand it as much as you do. I am also new to this world, and I don't quite understand how magic works." I said.

He didn't say anything afterward, he just stared at me.

He wasn't buying it. He knew I was lying.

"Please believe me," I said.

"Come here," he said.

What?

He opened his arms and motioned me to come to him. "I said, come."

I slowly walked to him, but he eventually walked to me and held me in his arms.

"I believe you."
 

~
 

"This is not good." Mark said as we ran.

We were on our way back to Lotus, each of us carrying a backpack full of blood bags.

"What's not good?" Sehun asked. He looked more alive than when we first met.

"The vampires, around the clinic— I think we have gone for too long. They are trying to get into a tent, starving." Mark said.

I guess using his seismic sense, he could "see" a bunch of people in an area going crazy.

"What is inside the tent?" I asked.

"A dying boy," Mark said. "A boy, and Lucas." 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? 

I tried to ignore the weird feeling and be logical about this. The chance of those boys being Jaemin and Renjun is very slim. Mark might know that those who were trying to get in were vampires and it only seemed logical to assume that they were trying to get in because of those boys.

We got into the city passing the guards, and proceeded to the clinic.

Kai and Johnny threw bags at what I assumed, were starving newborns, who were trying to get in the tent like Mark was saying before. There were medics preventing them from getting in, then they helped us by distributing the blood bags.

I then looked for my friends, Jennie and Irene, inside a tent somewhere. 

I left the backpack full of blood for the newborns and just took 4 bags for Irene and Jennie.

One of the medics told me where they were so I went to a smaller tent, as I was told to.

I got in and I passed by three students, who weren't vampires, and found Jennie and Irene at the end of the room.

Irene was sitting next to Jennie's bed, looking tired.

Jennie was unconscious.

"Juli!" Irene beamed in a weak manner. 

I gave her two bags which she drank immediately.

As she was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter