Chapter 24

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

 

"It was my mother." I quietly said.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Yuta said.

"It's ok." I wiped the tears on my cheek. "Sorry you had to see me like that."

Yuta snickered, "when will you stop apologizing?"

"Sorry, —" I stopped when I realized what I just said. Then I let out a chuckle.

"This earth is horrible. I wish I could transport everyone to my earth, no— to any earth. No one deserves to live like this." Yuta said, his eyes were reflecting the flickering fire in front of us.

"You're from another earth?"

"Yeah. I am from an earth dimension where gods and monsters exist, but mortals— I mean normal humans are not aware about our existence, unless you tell them, and they believe you." Yuta said.

That doesn't sound bad at all. 

I found out that I am not from earth, I'm from the Fire Nation. How did I get here? Why here? Out of all the possible earth dimensions?

Mai.

Victor knows Mai.

Mai also talked about Victor like she knew him.

Mai warned me about demigods, and their kind.

Was Mai from this earth? I have a strange feeling that she was not, and I don't like it.

This means she lied to me too.

Why do the people that are supposed to be by my side always lie to me?

I let out a heavy sigh.

"You okay?"

"Mai— she wasn't really my mother y'know. I mean she technically was, because she was all I had that is close to a mother figure."

"It doesn't matter then."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "Makes me wonder what my real mother is like, or was."

My biological mother, the one who was carved into the only marble statue in the institute.

The Fire Lord's wife.

A queen.

A shot of pain came rushing to my head. The block on my mind was reacting again. I took a deep breaths and exhaled, trying to calm down and think of something else.

"You okay?" Yuta held my shoulder to get my attention.

I nodded.

"I wish I had a different mother." Yuta mumbled.

Hearing him say that made my heart ache. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"You probably wonder why I fight like an airbender when I am not." He said. "My own mortal mother, agreed to send me to the bending world because she thought it was safer since there aren't monsters that will come to me."

That makes sense to me, what his mother did. "Have you ever wonder how hard it was for her?"

Yuta let out a sarcastic laugh, "no. She never even wanted me. She was too busy with her movie shoots, hence she never wanted to have a child."

"How about your father?"

Zeus. The lord of the sky, Heavens. King of Olympus. I wonder what it's like to have a really powerful parent like that.

"He might not be the greatest father, but he's always there for me, at least for most of the time." Yuta said.

Then there was silence. I leaned my head to the side of the tree, and watched Yuta.

Everyone had it rough. Who am I to complain about every little thing that I am not happy about.

"What is it like?" My voice came out as a faint whisper.

Yuta's gaze shifted from the fire to me. 

I looked away from his eye, "what is it like to be a Half-Blood? To be the child of one of the Big Three?"

Yuta looked away at my question, "a pain. In the ." 

It was the first time Yuta used a normal swear word, instead of demigod swear words. I couldn't help it but to laugh.

Yuta smiled as he turned to watch me laugh. My laughter died as soon as I saw Yuta's soft smile. His face was half lit by the fire, and kept his stare at me.

"Is it true? that Air temples are so high that you need to fly or a flying bison to reach them?"

"Yeah. I had a flying bison once." He said, he sounded hurt.

"What happened?"

"I had to move to the institute, so I had to leave... him."

My heart ached hearing Yuta sounding so hurt. He must've loved his bison so much.

"What's his name?"

"Sora, he's a really big guy." Yuta smiled to himself. "You know, I feel so grateful for the things that have happened. If it were to be different, I would've ended up in Camp Half-Blood and would never meet Sora, and the 127."

"I wish I could say the same, but I've never had crazy pets, or even friends." I said.

"You'll love him when you meet him, he's really fluffy."

I grinned hearing Yuta sounding so sweet at talking about his flying bison.  

"How did you like it in the bending world? I wish I could visit one of the nations." I said.

"As much as I hate my mother for sending me there, I love the Air Nation. It's my home. I feel like I've always meant to be there. I spent most of my life there until four years ago, my father decided that it's best for me to train in the institute, and because he doesn't trust that witch to keep her peace with me around." Yuta said.

He must be talking about the dark witch.

"Why?"

Then, as if it was possible, I felt that the atmosphere became darker. "Have you ever heard of the Two Heroes Prophecy?"

I shook my head as a no. "I lost my memories because of the war. I don't even remember anything about my life in the bending world."

Yuta shifted his gaze to me, 

"A child of the sky and a child of fire

For storm and fire, make great power

With love and hatred, come a promise to hold

A promise that will win against all odds." He said. "That's the nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter