Chapter 23

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

 

We got out of the Safe Zone through my usual secret passage way, near my house. We succeeded without getting caught by one of Vernon's henchmen.

I led us to the Natural Portal up north, the one that I used before on the cliff.

"You shouldn't be the one who explains these stuff to him." Yuta whispered to me, making sure Jeno wasn't listening.

"Then how do you think we should get him to trust us?"

"I would've given him the bag of blood and make sure he follows me because I have more." Yuta said.

"You're so terrible."

Then I heard a clicking sound somewhere, not far from us. I stopped immediately and told the boys to stop too. 

The sound of a low growl and clicking, it's the infected.

I looked to my right, and I found one standing about 10 meters away from us.

"It's just one of them," I faintly whispered to Yuta. "Don't make any noise,"

Right after I said that, Jeno decided to speak.

"What is that thing?" Jeno said, a little too loud.

The infected, with her head deformed as a fungi, looked to our direction and immediately ran to us.

I ran towards it as it was running towards me, and I punched the air to let out a stream of fire. Like a flamethrower would do, the infected was burning and I went back to the boys.

"Let's go, before it attracts more of them." I said and ran with them.

"What is that thing??" Jeno demanded as we ran up to the hill.

"They're called clickers, the third stage of the virus. That is what you'll look like after hosting it for months." I answered immediately to shut him up. "And don't get bitten by them."

I found the small house that we spend the night at, and quickly ran to it.

I opened the door, waited for the guys to get in and closed the door shut. I leaned my head to the door and was trying to catch my breath.

"Wait— Juli." Jeno said, in between his breaths.

"What?"

"Virus? What virus? Like the Walking Dead and Resident Evil virus? What the hell they're real??"

"Wh— What do you mean? You've never—"

Oh,

Oh. That's right. He isn't from around here. Now how should I explain this to him? 

How should I explain this as if I were explaining to Jaemin?

I shot a look at Yuta, asking for help. Instead of doing that, he looked away like he didn't have the energy to do it.

I guess I'll just have to tell him.

"Remember when you said you had a dream where you fell to an ocean, after going to a waterfall?" I said as I sat on thr floor.

"Yeah?"

"Well... you kinda accessed something called a portal—"

"Wait. Hold on... what?"

"Yeah, I don't know how you did it, but you successfully transported yourself to my ... uhm... dimension...??—"

Yuta snickered and I was distracted.

"Is there something funny?" I taunted.

"No, no I'm sorry. Please go on."

"Well why don't you go explain then?"

Yuta's face turned into serious and he shifted his gaze to Jeno.

"You got into a Natural Portal by accident, and maybe you were thinking about something similar to this Earth, so you ended up in this version of Earth. It's a post apocalyptic version of many Earths."

"Wait... so you're saying this is not the Earth? Wait what?"

"No, this is Earth, but not your dimension."

"What the hell? So earth got different dimensions? Like in superhero comics??" Jeno asked and he sounded excited.

"I guess, yeah." 

Yuta reads comics. Okay.

"So are we going to the Natural Portal here to get back to my Earth?"

Wow, this kid processed everything so fast with no problem.

"No... we are going to... Uhm... a cave?" I said.

That totally doesn't make sense but we are actually going to a cave.

"We are going to a place where it is safe for people like us." Yuta corrected.

I think that's my cue to shut the hell up.

"Well, I don't want to. I want to go home." Jeno said, sounding so innocent.

I looked at Yuta, who was still looking at Jeno with an actual concern plastered on his face.

"I'm afraid it's not possible right now. Maybe after you talk to the president of the institute, you will understand."

"Wait what the— you guys are going yo kidnap me just like that??"

"No, Jeno. Please trust us on this, we will help you control your new abilities. After you are in full control you will be free to go or to stay..."

Jeno looked at me in the eye. His eyes were shaking, like he wasn't sure to trust me or not. 

"It's not safe here either." I said. "We need to get you out of here."

"Fine." He said.

I let out a silent sigh o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter