Chapter 22

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

 

My eyes fluttered open because of a blinding light.

The sun is up.

"No," I gasped.

I got out of the blanket immediately and put my clothes back on. It was still a little wet.

"Did we—"

"Yes. So get your up, we gotta get going now." I immediately cut him.

Yuta got up and got dressed up as well.

How could he manage to sleep? He just woke up before our trip. Maybe it was because of the portal.

I breathed out some hot air to warm up my hands.

"Are you okay now?" Yuta asked as he put on his shirt.

I looked away immediately, "yeah. Thank you," the skin of my fingers were chapped, and red. "Thank you for last night."

It sounded so wrong, but I was really thankful anyway.

"Where are we gonna start looking for this kid?"

"His last spot was here." Yuta walked over to where I was sitting and pointed at a spot on the map he was holding.

"That's—" My heart just dropped realising the location. "That's my house."
 

~
 

"It will be tricky to get into the Safe Zone." I said as we made our way.

"Why? Didn't you used to live there you said?"

"Yeah, it's because the securities and I aren't really... friendly."

I remember when I used to sneak out a lot and they caught me climbing the wall to get back in. They would bring me to the leader of our Safe Zone, Jiyoung.

People who get out of the Safe Zone are considered infected. That's why it's so hard to get out and get back in. 

Because Mai had her ways with Jiyoung, I was always accepted back.

"But we can try."  I sighed.

As we got out of the woods, we crossed to the other side of the road and arrived at the front gate of my old Safe Zone.

The guards on top of the gate were pointing their guns at us.

"Is that who I think it is?" 

The head of the security, Vernon, jumped down to the ground to greet me.

He was going to be hard to deal with.

"Vernon."

"Well if it isn't our infamous troublemaker. What do you want??" He smirked and lowered his gun away from us.

"What the are you saying? I live here."

"Nope. No, he doesn't." He pointed his gun to Yuta who was behind me. "—And you know the rules, Juli."

Yuta glared at him.

Vernon's cat-like eyes sparked with excitement, "we haven't seen you and your family for quite some time. You cannot just disappear and walk back in as you please. All that we know you are as good as infected now."

Dear Rhea holy mother of Zeus, I don't have time for his .

"Look, you . I am going in, whether you like it or not." I stomped my way pass him but he grabbed my arm.

I gasped in pain. He grabbed my arm with such force it's burning with pain.

"Don't you ing dare touch me." I pulled back my arm but he wasn't letting me go.

"Hey!" I heard Yuta walking closer behind me, he sounded pissed but didn't raise his voice.

I hope he doesn't start to air punch Vernon, because it will be a mess.

"Yuta," I snapped and looked at him over my shoulder. "I got this," I mouthed. "Look," I said as I shifted my attention to Vernon who was smirking at me. "Just let me in, and you won't ever see me again."

"Hmm, I am not sure about that."

"Get your hands off of her," Yuta again warned him.

"Tell your pal there to shut the up." Vernon whispered next to my ear.

I rolled my eyes. "What the do you want from me?" I hissed.

"I'm just bored." he shrugged. 

"You prick! Just let us in! We don't have time for your bull."

"Why are you such in a hurry?" He smirked. 

"It is none. Of your. God damn. Business." I gritted my teeth. "We will be out in no time."

Vernon let go of my arm and I stepped away from him.

Yuta immediately stepped to fill up the gap between me and Vernon. He grabbed the collar of Vernon's shirt with one of his hands.

"Yuta!" I gasped in alarm.

The guards quickly reacted to Yuta's action and pointed their guns at him.

"It's alright, it's alright." Vernon motioned the guards to let their guns down.

"Keep your hands off of her, got it?" I heard Yuta hissed.

"She's a pretty one, I can't keep my hands off her." Vernon replied and snorted.

"I can put mine to your face."

"Yuta." I said, before he does what Vernon is trying to do to him. "Come on, we gotta go." I grabbed his arm, but he yanked it away before walking inside the Safe Zone by himself.

Yuta walked in front of me in silence, not saying anything after our encounter with Vernon.

"It's the first house after this right turn." I said and we made our right turn.

Yuta was still not saying anything.

"Yuta, thank you for def—"

"It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter