Chapter 53 (Luce in Altis)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ruler’s Chamber, Astrape Palace, Astreaia

Monday, November 17th, 2025 

“Are you okay? You're not hurt or feeling uncomfortable?” Yujin bit her lower lip as she stared at Wonyoung, who was sitting with her back to her.

Wonyoung, still combing her hair, looked at Yujin through the reflection in the mirror, her brow furrowing as she tried to make sense of Yujin's ramblings this morning. The older girl was seated, leaning against the headboard with her disheveled hair. She didn't seem to be fully awake, but Yujin's concern about her well-being was the first thing she heard upon opening her eyes.

“I'm okay. What are you talking about? Did you have a nightmare?” Wonyoung placed the comb on the dressing table and turned her body to face Yujin, trying to figure out what was in Yujin's mind.

“Last night, we did...” Yujin blinked, appearing confused as she struggled to find the right words. “We did it.” Her face flushed red as she uttered those words, a delicate bloom of embarrassment gracing her cheeks. Her voice was soft and tinged with shyness. 

“I mean,” Yujin shook her head, her gaze lingering on Wonyoung's exposed neck and cleavage, which bore clear marks of their from the previous night. “Did I treat you too roughly? Are you hurt? Did I—”

“I had no idea you'd become so sensitive about it after what happened last night.” Wonyoung interrupted her with a gentle smile, her eyes filled with affection. She gracefully stood up, adjusting the kimono towel that covered her body with an alluring grace. Wonyoung walked over to the bed and sat down opposite Yujin. “How do I look?”

Yujin's eyes softened as she stared at Wonyoung. The gentle smile enchanted her lips.

“You look great, as beautiful as ever,” she replied without hesitation. She reached out to touch Wonyoung's cheek, her touch tender and affectionate, and Wonyoung instinctively leaned into the caress. “Is it even possible to look this gorgeous in the morning?”

Wonyoung's heart warmed at Yujin's words, and she couldn't help but smile. “I had an incredible night, thanks to you, Unnie,” she said, her voice filled with warmth and gratitude. The older girl appeared adorable with a hint of blush on her cheeks, a stark contrast to what Wonyoung had witnessed the previous night. “So, I'm your first?”

Yujin looked flustered, her cheeks taking on an even deeper shade of pink. “What do you mean by asking that? Do you think I'd do it with just anyone? Last night was a first for me.”

A playful smile danced on Wonyoung's lips as she gazed into Yujin's eyes, her love for her lover shining brightly. 

“I'm glad to hear that. Because you're my first too, Unnie.” Wonyoung's fingers traced delicate patterns on Yujin's neck and cleavage, tenderly caressing the marks she had left last night. “I cherish every moment we share. You are a true masterpiece, and having you in my life is a blessing. Now, I have another canvas to paint with my lips.” She grinned playfully and reached out, only to have Yujin gently slap her hand away, fleeing beneath the blanket with her back to Wonyoung.

“Why are you hiding behind the blanket? Are you shy?” Wonyoung giggled and tugged at the blanket covering Yujin's body, urging her to turn and face her. But Yujin resisted. “Let me see your beautiful face, Unnie.”

“I don't want to! You're just teasing me.” Yujin shook her head from under the blanket.

“No, Unnie, I just want to taste you and-”

“Yah, Jang Wonyoung! You-” Yujin pushed the blanket and began to scold, but her words were silenced by the soft, moist touch of Wonyoung's lips against hers.

“I want to kiss you.” Wonyoung smiled triumphantly, and Yujin's initial frown transformed into a look of affectionate puzzlement. 

“Why are you so adorable, hmm?” Wonyoung’s hand reached out to cup Yujin's cheek with a tender smile that in an instant, became a frown. “Wait! Why are your cheeks so hot?”

Wonyoung's palm skimmed Yujin's forehead and neck, her touch gentle and caring. She opened a small drawer beside her bed, retrieving a thermometer, which she placed against Yujin's ear. After a brief beep, she withdrew the thermometer and examined the displayed number.

“Unnie, you have a high fever!” Worry filled Wonyoung's eyes as she looked at Yujin. Her hands instinctively checked Yujin's pulse and breathing, observing the sudden condition she didn’t expect. Last night Yujin looked okay and healthy, but this morning, her condition dropped.

“Unnie, what date was last night and today?”

Confusion tinged Yujin's expression at Wonyoung's question, but she answered with a smile, “November 16th and 17th.”

“Oh dear! Silly me,” Wonyoung bitter chuckle was heard, but there was genuine concern in her voice. She grabbed the wireless phone in the room, giving instructions that seemed to involve the palace paramedics preparing medicine. She went to the bathroom and returned with a basin of water and a small towel. She took a place on Yujin's side to soak the towel and wring it out.

“Do you feel dizzy, and does your body ache?” Wonyoung asked as she placed the damp towel on Yujin's forehead.

Yujin nodded weakly. “My eyes got blurred and teary as I opened my eyes. My ears were ringing for a while after I woke up. I could barely hear the sound of the hair dryer you were using.”

Wonyoung sighed with a pout. “That's why you asked me if I was okay?”

Yujin nodded again, her gaze filled with affection for her caring partner like she didn’t bother with her condition. “I'm glad you're okay, Wonie.”

Wonyoung looked guilty as she spoke, “I'm sorry, Unnie. I forgot that last night and today fall between the full moon and the new moon.” Her expression was regretful. “We should have waited until it's between the new moon and the full moon to do it.”

“Can we only do it between the new moon and the full moon?” Yujin looked puzzled as she realized what Wonyoung meant by her words.

“It's fine to do it between the full moon and the new moon as long as we've done it first between the new moon and the full moon,” Wonyoung explained the intricacies of their situation. “However, if we skip doing it between the new moon and the full moon and proceed to do it directly between the full moon and the new moon, there are usually side effects for the warrior. Warriors will experience discomfort because they don’t have healing powers like healers. But the healer's immune system automatically accepts whatever activities they engage in, including the with their partner.” She gazed at Yujin with a hint of sadness, her hand gripping Yujin's tightly, sharing her energy.

“I'm sorry. I messed up our first time together. You must be in a lot of pain now.”

Yujin shook her head and gently cupped Wonyoung's hand with a warm smile. “As you said before, I had an amazing night with you.” Yujin patted Wonyoung's hand affectionately. “I only feel a bit dizzy, and the bodily pain is not much different from what I experience when I have the flu.”

“You haven't fully recovered from your injury, and I only added to your pain,” Wonyoung sighed, concern etched on her face.

“It's bearable, Dear. I'll recover with some rest.” Yujin reassured Wonyoung, her eyes filled with affection. This isn't the first time for me. I've experienced even more painful situations when you weren't by my side. Yujin keeps that for herself. Being on Wonyoung's side is enough, and the pain is nothing for her.

A knock at the door prompted Wonyoung to open it. While she stepped away, Yujin grabbed her phone and checked the messages that had come in. 

 

< Troublez >

We're going to Astreaia this evening.

Last night Wonyoung told our leaders that she wants you and Eden Kim to be part of our comeback.

I don't know what she plans.

I think the news about our collaboration will break around noon.

 

Reading the message, she smiled faintly and quickly typed a reply. With that done, she curled up under the blanket, closed her eyes, and continued to rest, knowing that she needed to recover quickly for what awaited them later that evening.

 

***

 

Sunflower Art & Culture Foundation

Monday, November 17th, 2025 

“I heard that Jiwoo will be returning to Meeza Palace next week with Jinsol Unnie and Sooyoung Unnie,” Jungeun's head snapped up to find Chaeyeon seated across from her. “They're coming back after the Grand Opening of Chrysalis Village.”

“What makes you dare to spill all the secrets you've been hiding?” Jungeun's voice dripped with sarcasm as she focused on the camera gripped in her hand. “You've known Kim Jiwoo's connection to me and chose to keep it hidden.”

“I never hid my connection with them. I just chose not to talk about it,” Chaeyeon's gaze bore into her coworker, a faint, enigmatic smile gracing her lips. “You never asked, even though the many hints I dropped, Jungie.”

“And you and your traitorous cronies—”

“You can't keep branding them as traitors. After all, they did it for Jiwoo and your Ruler Line,” Chaeyeon chuckled softly at Jungeun's words. “If you want it to be fair, you didn't tell me from the start that you knew my identity as a gifted. In any case, I'm the reason you accepted the offer from Summer Choi to join this project. You craved my birthstone, didn't you? You needed it to heal Fake Jiwoo.”

“I don't care about what's going on in your Ruler Line. Just stay away from my people.”

“Whether you like it or not, my Ruler Line is already entwined with yours. I don't need your blessing to determine what's best for my Ruler Line. My decisions, along with Jinsol Unnie's and Sooyoung Unnie's, are essential to our Ruler's choices,” Chaeyeon's response remained unaffected, her composure unshaken. She had anticipated this confrontation for a long time. “I hope you'll be by Jiwoo's side when she returns. Jiwoo needs you to stand by her side continually. You're her strength and her vulnerability. Your presence beside her will bolster her.”

“I don't care if she comes back or chooses to leave. In the end, Jiwoo will do as she pleases,” Jungeun stubbornly retorted.

“You do care, Jungie. You must know about the collaboration rumor between Yujin and Jiwoo for that popular group's comeback. And you’re aware of what happened in Victory Group after Gianna Jang's announcement hours ago. That's why you're here checking up on her.” For the second time in a few minutes, Chaeyeon managed to pierce Jungeun's armor. “You already know that Jiwoo will be attending the Sunflower charity event today. Too bad the event has had many sessions, and Jiwoo is only participating in sessions 1 and 2. She left after lunch, around an hour ago. If you wish to see her, she has a meeting at Royal Land this evening.”

“I've already told you I don't care. I'm here to meet Summer Choi and—”

“Chaeyeon-ah, are you waiting for Yoojung? Seulie and I will head out first to pick up Solie and Kahei Unnie. Are you—” Sooyoung's words halted as she realized Chaeyeon wasn't alone.

From her vantage point, Chaeyeon detected the shifting expressions between the persons now facing each other. Sooyoung and Jungeun exchanged icy glares, their tense confrontation palpable. Given their history over the past few years, Chaeyeon could easily envision the eruption of violence if she weren't present.

“Stop staring at each other and ignoring my presence.” Chaeyeon rapped her knuckles on the table, prompting both to avert their gaze. “Enough with the childish behavior—please, reconcile. Kim Jiwoo needs both of you.”

“We'll wait for you at the usual spot, Chae.” Sooyoung didn’t respond to Chaeyeon’s words and turned around after delivering her message.

“Why do you always run away?” Jungeun's words caused Sooyoung to pause in her tracks. Sooyoung turned back, locking eyes with Jungeun, and disregarding Chaeyeon's signal not to engage with Jungeun.

“What do you want, then?” Sooyoung arched an eyebrow, openly challenging Jungeun. “Do you want me to return to beating you to a pulp and—”

“Ha Sooyoung, that's enough.” Haseul's timely arrival prevented the verbal sparring from escalating to physical combat. She let out a deep sigh, assessing the tense atmosphere between Sooyoung and Jungeun. Approaching them, she fished into her pocket and handed an heirloom to Chaeyeon. From her position, Jungeun recognized it as the dagger Jiwoo had used to cut her hand a few days ago. She furrowed her brow, realizing the dagger had changed hands from Hyeju to Kahei and Haseul, and now to Chaeyeon.

“Please return it to Yujin and tell her not to lend her heirlooms to Jiwoo anymore. Kim Jiwoo hasn't returned to Ukioia yet, and she's already causing me a headache.” Haseul shook her head, prompting Chaeyeon to burst into laughter.

“I warned Jiwoo not to use the heirlooms, and you know Jiwoo, Unnie. She'll accept the consequences when she returns to Meeza Palace.”

“Don't worry, we're prepared for that.” Haseul patted Chaeyeon's arm and turned her gaze toward Jungeun. “We'll discuss this later, Jungeun.”

Haseul approached Sooyoung, taking her arm and urging her to leave. Left behind, Chaeyeon waved her hand, while Jungeun fixated on the dagger in Chaeyeon's grip. An inscription on the dagger's hilt caught her attention.

Luce in Altis.

 

***

 

Auditorium, Astrape Palace, Astreaia

Monday, November 17th, 2025 

“I can't believe it,” Yuri whispered. Her eyes scanned the room as she sat beside Minjoo. “IlaFemme, they're gifted from Polarea?” Her voice carried a mixture of astonishment and disbelief. She had just realized that every member of one of the most famous girl groups in the country was present in Astreaia.

Minjoo nodded as her gaze fixed on the table where IlaFemme had been introduced. “I was just as shocked when I saw them in this room, and Wonyoung is introducing them as part of Polarea... It's surreal.”

“Jennifer played her role brilliantly,” Yuri continued, her voice tinged with frustration. “I feel like I've been fooled twice in a row, first by Kim Jiwoo and now by Huh Yunjin. It's annoying.”

Minjoo leaned closer, her voice hushed. “Except for the Delta Team and Chaeyeon Unnie, it seems like Yujinie already knew about their Polarea status. She didn't look surprised or uncomfortable at all when they appeared.”

Yuri's brow furrowed as she processed this information. The revelation of IlaFemme's true identity had caught her completely off guard. She was close with their leader.

“Most of IllaFemme's guide songs are sung by Yujin. Zuha and Yujin are close before her debut with IllaFemme. Gaeul is Yujin's direct senior from the same major. For once, Yunjin's musical song was directed by Yujin. Not to mention Rei and Jiwon are part of the Amethyst community. It'd be a big lie if Yujin said she didn't know about their gifted privilege.” Yuri stared at Yujin who looked serious to listen to Yunjin's explanation.

“Their affiliation between Astreaia and Polarea runs deep,” Chaewon chimed in, her tablet displaying details about IlaFemme's connections. “IlaFemme is under UnityEnt, which is part of the Unity Group owned by the Lee family.”

Hyewon added, “One of the subsidiaries of Victory Group, Victory Project, is the second-largest shareholder in UnityEnt and UniThiev. Not to mention, for the past two years, IlaFemme has been an ambassador for Victory Bank. That explains Wonyoung's closeness to them.”

“They're also brand ambassadors and have sung ad songs for Silver Bullets, a game owned by Miyawaki,” Yena contributed. “It's clear that they've had this alliance for years, and we were clueless because we weren't paying attention to the entertainment industry. Delta Team chose the right field that mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter