Chapter 18 (AnD)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amethyst Saga University, Cafetaria

Friday, October 17th, 2025

“Baek Jiheon, Cho Gahyeon, Kim Sohee, Shin Yuna, Kim Doah, and An Yujin. They are called AnD Squad, Angel and Devil. Shin Yuna, Kim Doah, and An Yujin are the Devils and the other three are the Angels.”

“Who divided them like that?” Wonyoung frowned at the name, her hand was moving to take the dimsum on Dohyoun’s plate while her cousin just laughed at her.

“Us, the ASU -Amethyst Saga University- Community.” Dohyon grinned. “Baek Jiheon, Cho Gahyeon, and Kim Sohee are model students on this college. They have good reputation as part of the college council and are popular in their department. In contrast, Shin Yuna, Kim Doah, and An Yujin, despite having the same popularity and are cool too, they are blacklisted and not really having the best reputation among the lecturers. The interesting part is, all of them are best friends since high school.”

Wonyoung frowned deeper. Yujin doesn’t really look like someone who would make a trouble. “Why are they blacklisted?”

“They made a mess on the first day entered as a freshman. I heard from Junho Hyung, the three of them came to college using hoverboard and skateboard without safety equipment and made the college as their track to play.” Dohyon laughed as he remembered the video that the senior showed him once. “The seniors punished them by making them to perform at the celebration of the ending orientation period for new students. They thought the Devils would make a mess and embarrass themselves. But they executed it very well and instead made the Devils even more popular. As you knew, they will play important roles on the annual festival.”

Dohyon showed a video on his tablet to Wonyoung.

“Although the Devils is not a real celebrity who appears on television, but they were quite impressive. Shin Yuna is part of the Dance Department and she’s friendly. If she is on campus, you will find her more often in this cafetaria or college council than in her department. She often participates in International events and gets many awards abroad. Kim Doah is part of the Music Department, same with me. She’s my direct senior. Many say that Doah Noona is a fusion of traits from Shin Yuna and An Yujin. She is not clumsy and talkative like Yuna Noona but not as cold and serious as Yujin Noona. Since her first year, she has collaborated with many musicians and producers. As for An Yujin, well, who doesn’t know the fastest account to get ten million subscribers in this country? Nobody in Amethyst doesn’t know her. The video on her channel always gets viral. She’s a singer, dancer, arranger, producer, movie maker, vlogger, ouch, she can do anything. She’s awesome!!” Dohyon looked enthusiastic. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Such a fanboy, aren’t you?” Wonyoung made a face and sighed. Dohyon has been telling her many things about Amethyst for the past hour, and of course, about Yujin. But seeing how excited he was talking about the certain senior made Wonyoung feel a little uncomfortable.

“Does the Devils always participate on the annual festivals?”

Dohyon shook his head.

“Only the Angels actively participates in activities at Amethyst while others are very busy off college. The Devils just joined the festival this year, and it also because Jiheon Noona is the President of the College Council. I heard she forced the Devils to contribute.” Dohyon chewed his food slowly, seemed thinking. “Right, so I guess I was too rush to conclude that you are dating Yujin Noona. I forgot the legendary heroic incident of Yujin Noona saved Jiheon Noona. There is no way anything can top that.”

“I told you we are not dating, Stupid,” said Wonyoung, but she frowned again at Dohyon’s words. “What incident? What happened to them?” she asked curiously.

“They were involved in a drugs scandal when doing their project assignment and it almost killed Yujin Noona. Yujin Noona received a threat that Jiheon Noona was kidnapped she went to kidnappers to save her and got stabbed while fighting the kidnappers. She had to go under surgery and intensive treatment at the ICU for days.”

“Really?” Wonyoung looks surprised. “Then what happened after that?”

“Well, the cops arrested all the bad guys and as you can see, Yujin Noona and Jiheon Noona were fine,” Dohyon took another bite of his food. “There are rumors that they are dating, but seeing Yujin Noona treated everyone including Jiheon Noona just the same, I think It’s just rumor.”

Wonyoung gave a stare to Dohyon. “Do you realized that you sound like a stalker?”

Dohyon rolled eyes. “I’m just saying! Two years ago, Yujin Noona and Yuna Noona spent summer holidays in Paris and she also spent the end of the year in Sydney with Doah Noona. Last year, AnD Squad vacationed together around exotic places on Java Island. I heard this year she had a vacation with Jiheon Noona, Gahyeon Noona, and Doah Noona in Phuket and Bagan.”

“Are you sure you’re not a stalker?”

“Yah! No need to stalk her, everything is on her YouTube channel. I told you Yujin Noona is a vlogger, she uploaded all her vacation video there.” Dohyon rolled eyes. “You know, if you saw her at ASU, she looked quite mysterious, but she’s different on her vlog. She’s very cool, charming, and seemed warm. That’s why, although she belongs to the Devils and considered as a troublemaker by lecturers, there are many people who want to date her.”

"Even without the videos you've been talking about, I think she'll still be popular on college. She's beautiful, smart, attractive and witty. Yeah, a bit childish but who doesn't want to be her lover?" Unconsciously, Wonyoung gave her compliments to Yujin.

"Ah! Talking about her YouTube channel reminds me that for almost two months she doesn't released anything. The last time she released the video was on September 1, on her birthday. Usually she will release new videos on the 5th and 17th of every month, and specifically in August and September, each year, she will release four videos in a row starting from the 29th to the 1st. What happened to her?" Dohyon looked at Wonyoung as if asking for an answer.

"Don't ask me that. I’m not her Mommy, Dawson Nam. I don’t know anything about her.” Wonyoung rolled her eyes. She took a sip of the ice tea and wiped her lips with a tissue, not interested in the new video that Dohyon is talking about. “Now it's the 17th and since this morning she doesn't look busy. So stop hoping she will release a new video."

Dohyon sighed. "Hopefully she keep making content on her YouTube channel. She’s truly performer. I enjoyed all the videos."

Wonyoung just shrugged and paid attention to the seniors entering the cafetaria. Yuna and Doah are among them but Yujin is nowhere to be seen. Seeing the presence of both of them that attracted the attention of students in the cafetaria made Wonyoung intrigued to ask one thing to Dohyon.

“Is Yujin Unnie currently dating anyone?” Wonyoung asked in a tone that she hoped sound casual. Not because she’s interested or anything, but Yujin is one of her Pillars, so she has the right to know, right? Someone as amazing as Yujin must be having someone special by her side, and that someone know has to understand Yujin’s fate as a Gifted and a Pillar. So, Wonyoung needs to know.

Dohyon shrugged. “According to Lunatic–” He stopped at the confused expression on Wonyoung’s face. “Her website and YouTube channel’s name are Once in The Blue Moon, Moon or Luna in other language, so her fans called themselves as Lunatic. Simply, their love for An Yujin has made them being lunatic.”

“She’s not even a celebrity.” Wonyoung scoffed and Dohyon grinned in agreement with her. “What did they say?”

“Well, this is just talk between her fans that I heard, but they said that Yujin Noona often gives a clue in her videos that as if she already had someone, but no one really knows who it was.” Dohyon typed something on his tablet and showed it to Wonyoung. “There are some videos where she recorded it with someone but only shadows and voices showed. The latest rumors said that she just broke up with her lover. She was supposed to return to Seoul with Jiheon Noona, Gahyeon Noona, and Doah Noona around mid-July, but she disappeared and went on her own vacation until late-August. When she returned, she put out a lot of videos and in her last video she seemed to dedicate the video to someone who had left her. I rarely feel touched when watching someone’s video, but when I watched her talking with a big smile, I can see her eyes looked sad.”

“She must feel hurt. That’s so sad.” Wonyoung’s face turned gloomy at Dohyon’s explanation. She felt sorry for her Pillar. “I’ve never watched her videos.”

“Of course, Stupid, you just know her,” Dohyon laughed. “Warning, you can fall for her when you watch the videos, Wonyoung-ah. She is so lovely and attractive. Whoever date her was so lucky, such a pity that no one knows who it was. Someone like Yujin Noona must be has a high standard about her type, because she is also surrounded with many amazing people.”

Wonyoung nodded in agreement. “Yeah, she and the AnD Squads are amazing. Anyone who could date them must be amazing too.”

“The high standard that I was talking is Sapphire Troika,” Dohyoun laughed again at Wonyong’s -again- confused face. “The Sapphire Troika was interested with her idea and together they worked to release a Sapphire Crown, you know, that popular game. I think they have a close relationship. Rumors are also saying that she is quite close with Actress Kim Minjoo and Singer Jo Yuri, our notable alumnus. Jo Yuri is dating Candy Choi and I heard that Kim Minjoo is dating either Clara Kim or Hellena Kang, the Sapphire Troika. So if Yujin Noona is close to Sapphire Troika, I think she often meet with Kim Minjoo and Jo Yuri.” Dohyon made his analysis.

Wonyoung blinked at the long explanation before letting out a chuckle.

“You don’t need to think that far, you know. Minjoo Unnie is Yujin Unnie’s cousin, of course they are close.”

Wonyoung’s answer made Dohyon choke. Wonyoung shook her head at her cousin’s reaction and offered him a glass of water.

“Wait, Minjoo Unnie?” Dohyon asked doubtfully.

“Yeah, they are cousins, like us. Yujin Unnie’s Dad is the older brother of Minjoo Unnie’s Mom.” Wonyoung answered casually.

“I mean, you call Kim Minjoo... Miss Carissa Angela Kim as Unnie? Do you know her?”

For a moment Wonyoung was stunned to hear Dohyon’s question. She slowly nodded her head.

“Even a week ago I stayed at her apartment.”

“Oh my God, Jang Wonyoung! What exactly did you do while you were away from me?!”

 

***

 

Amethyst Saga University, College Council

Friday, October 17th, 2025

“There are so many photos of her that she looks pretty in, and she looks so pretty in real life too.” Doah pointed to the laptop. She was looking at the photos taken at their meeting days ago.

Sohee leaned toward Doah and chuckled excitedly at the photo. “She is so tall and stunning even from far away.”

“True,” Doah nodded in agreement. “She is tall, but she looks like a puppy when she runs. So cute.”

“Did you see when she looked at us and said ‘unnie~’ with her voice? I swear I was melting. She is so gorgeous and cute at the same time, and even more beautiful when she was in serious mode.” Yuna smiled widely, still looking at the photos. “She’s obviously my favorite junior in this year.”

“Whenever she acted cute, I feel my heart went crazy,” Jiheon laughed at her own words. “Such a cutie pie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter