Chapter 43 (Plot)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Astrape Palace, Astreaia

Saturday, November 8th, 2025

"Why did you forbid us from using healer powers to heal Yujin's wounds? I thought it is better if she recovered as soon as possible and joined us on the next mission?" Chaeyeon looked over at Wonyoung, who was still watching the video she had gotten from the accident.

"Leaving her in the hospital for a little longer is preferable. It's better than allowing her to be healthy and roam around as she pleases. I can not bear another losing people. We have no idea what will happen because Yujin Unnie still has Ankh Heirloom. We have no idea where she got it or how to separate her from the heirloom. The only thing I was sure, Yujin Unnie killed the previous owner. I want to know who and how she killed the previous owner," Wonyoung replied calmly without taking her gaze away from the laptop screen.

"Then why are you still here and not accompanying Yujin to the hospital?"

"Didn't you figure it out already?" Chaeyeon froze for a split second when she heard Wonyoung's question. Because of what had happened in the previous days, Chaeyeon had to be always vigilant and cautious with every response Wonyoung gave. "Yujin Unnie did not want me to be there." She said I had hurt her and-"

"Yujin is looking for you. She wants you to be there, not the guards you put around the hospital on purpose to protect her."

Wonyoung's jaw tightened in response to Chaeyeon's words. It would be a lie for Wonyoung to believe that her affair with Yujin that night did not affect her. Wonyoung's curiosity grew as she learned about what had happened between her and Yujin in the past. Nonetheless, a part of her didn't feel ready to learn the truth.

"You know for sure that what Yujin said that night was beyond her awareness. She's under the influence of medication and isn't fully awake. Yujin was having nightmares and couldn't sleep peacefully, according to Chaewon. You couldn't have made her any better by sending guards after her. We can protect and care for Yujin without them, but we can't help her get out of her nightmare. Wonie, she needs you."

"I understand, Unnie." Wonyoung cast a glance out the window. "As The Ruler, I don't think I should leave Astreaia for too long. Astreaia is my priority and responsibility, right?"

"Jang Wonyoung..." Chaeyeon took a close look at Wonyoung. "Do you have anything bothering you?"

"Lots." Wonyoung gave a small smile when she noticed Chaeyeon was surprised by her response. "I pondered how to track down their assassin. I devised a quick solution for storing the heirlooms. I'm even trying to learn what's in The Silver. I guess I left a lot out." Wonyoung reached for an old book that was sitting next to her laptop. "It's crazy that I didn't catch what happened before my accident in the Silver. As if this thing functions similarly to my brain. If it's gone from my memory, it's gone from The Silver as well. Or perhaps it was stolen. Is that even possible? I don't believe so."

Wonyoung flipped the Silver sheet over to show Chaeyeon.

“See… You and I both can't see what's written here." Wonyoung gave a bitter smile.

Chaeyeon held her breath unconsciously. Wonyoung is mistaken; she can see the contents of the Silver. As an Odd Eye, she can read the books of all Rulers. Chaeyeon could see what was written there. Yeah, everything that happened vanished from Wonyoung's memory, including what happened that night. Odd-Eyes knew everything about that day, and Wonyoung was right. Someone stole it. It would be more accurate to say that someone had unknowingly stolen those memories from Wonyoung.

"Was I a different person before the accident? What kind of people have I met? What did I do after I learn that I'm The Ruler? I'm still baffled." Wonyoung took another look out the window. "At first, I didn't care about any of it. But I've been having strange dreams lately. Every now and then, I see a flash of shadow and hear a familiar voice. I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't remember where."

Wonyoung rose from her seat and walked around her desk to face Chaeyeon. She closed her eyes and took Chaeyeon's wrist. She chuckled dryly as she realized she couldn't see anything.

"I'm completely lost. "I'm not very good at putting my abilities to good use." Wonyoung rubbed her arm in frustration. "I'm not sure I even deserve to be a Ruler."

"Wonyoung-ah... You just need to adapt to the current situation. Everything will be alright."

Wonyoung took a deep breath. "I feel like I'm stagnant. It annoys and frustrates me. I need to protect my people, my realm, but I'm powerless."

Chaeyeon turned to face the girl who had turned her back on her. It's not the right time for her to comfort Wonyoung. That is not what Wonyoung needs. Chaeyeon knows Wonyoung far too well, and the trait Wonyoung has shown in recent days warns her that the accidents of the past week have awakened the challenging side of a Ruler in Wonyoung. Wonyoung is trying hard to keep herself under control, and Chaeyeon will not allow the dark side of a Ruler to take over her.

"So, what are your plans?"

Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders and sighed. She shifted her gaze to Chaeyeon. "I'm not sure which one to put first."

"Do you want your memory back? If that's what you want, we can find a way to make it happen."

Chaeyeon's gaze was fixed on the younger girl. Wonyoung's stern expression shifted to one of panic, filled with worry and restlessness, she noticed. Wonyoung remained silent and bit her lower lip. With that simple gesture, Chaeyeon knew Wonyoung wasn't ready to understand what was going on in the past.

"How about you concentrate on what's going on right now?" Chaeyeon reminded Wonyoung of her responsibilities by placing her hand on her arm. "We still need all of the heirlooms to protect Astreaia, and I believe you should issue new orders in that regard. We need to be united."

Wonyoung nodded in agreement. "I'll go to the Pillar and talk to them about it without involving Yujin Unnie while she's still recovering."

Chaeyeon gave a nod. "At the very least, if you don't want Yujin to recover with our healing powers, I wish you will accompany her to the hospital. She looks bored and keeps begging to be discharged"

Wonyoung's gaze had returned to one of distrust, and Chaeyeon could sense it. Odd Eye's specialty alerts her to the fact that the younger girl has important information about her past with Yujin. Chaeyeon, on the other hand, had no idea what Wonyoung was thinking. Chaeyeon can only hope that Wonyoung will express her concerns. She has no desire to meddle with Wonyoung's thoughts. Chaeyeon was relieved that Wonyoung did not bring up her past with Yujin. This is the best possible situation for her, and she would not trade it for anything. She isn't prepared for another problem right now.

“Unnie…” In response to Wonyoung's call, Chaeyeon hummed. "Is it all right if I talk about the syzygy project while Yujin Unnie is still in the hospital? Is that okay if I suggested staying at Yujin Unnie's place for a while? We should finish the project as soon as possible because Yujin Unnie will be working on the final project before graduation."

Chaeyeon can no longer maintain her calm demeanor. It's clear from the way Wonyoung talks about her plans that the other girl is up to something. When Chaaeyeon thought Wonyoung chose to stay away and avoid Yujin, Wonyoung did the opposite. Wonyoung opted to be close to Yujin when she ask the Pillar to handle a new mission. It means she will do things her way, and Chaeyeon will be powerless to intervene if Wonyoung uses her authority as Ruler.

 

***

 

Highscope Sun Tower, Seoul

Sunday, November 9th, 2025

"Jinsol Unnie knew all of that without using her third eye." Jiwoo's information took Ash by surprise. "Are you sure?"

Jiwoo nodded.

"Jinsol Unnie's condition is still too weak for her to use her power. I think she analyzed the accident based on the news. She initially assumed it was your fault. But this morning, she claimed that someone else was to blame. You will never put anyone else to death alongside your enemy. However, the accident took its toll, killing everyone who wasn't gifted."

"I expected her to take what Luda Unnie said for granted and not question it." When Ash gave a stiff smile, Jiwoo realized that things were only going to get worse. "That incident bugged me. As I previously stated, one can predict what will happen in the future. They were well aware that another Ruler would come to save Hyeju and Yujin. As a result, they planned the accident to show that they were aware of The Chosen One Circle's alliance."

"If you look at who the victims were in the accident, I believe they did it on purpose to get public attention on the victims who died and to put pressure on Doyeon, Hyeju, and Yujin as accident survivors. They want to emphasize every bit of news."

"Didn't you see Supernova's press conference? Doyeon was nowhere to be found in the car. The driver was in charge of the vehicle. Doyeon was at the Tree of Life on the night of the accident. Witnesses who saw her there included Heejin and (Kim) Chaewon."

"Heejin?" Jiwoo frowned. "What in the world is she doing in the Tree of Life?"

"Why aren't you curious about what Doyeon is doing there?"

Jiwoo snorted. "Do you think I'm clueless that Doyeon in the Tree of Life is an illusion? The real Doyeon wasn't there."

Jiwoo's words made Ash laugh. Although Jiwoo appears childish and careless when making decisions, she never loses focus when receiving information about her Ruler Line.

"I'm surprised you're still laughing at this point." Jiwoo exhaled a sigh. "My Pillar was injured, and Wonyoung also lost her people. I suppose this situation will only make me get old faster." Jiwoo groaned.

"Didn't Jinsol Unnie give you an answer?"

"I haven't discussed any plans with her. Sooyoung Unnie will beat me up if I bring this up while Solie Unnie is still recovering. The situation-"

Jiwoo's words were cut off when Ash's phone rang. Jiwoo's brow furrowed as she saw Chaeyeon's name plastered there. Instead, Ash answered the phone with a broad smile.

"I'm not going to surprise by your call, but what's up, Miss Lee?"

Through the speaker, Ash allowed Jiwoo to hear the conversation.

"They purposefully made it national news so that the victims would be the main focus. They use the media to threaten us. Then we should do the same by informing them that we are already aware of their secret."

"What exactly do you mean?"

"First, tell them where Jiwoo is. We need to do that to break ties between the Ruler of Air and The Elder." Jiwoo, who looked surprised by the decision, caught Ash's eye. "After that, I will break the ties between The Elder and The Ruler of Earth."

"How?"

"I'll figure out how to fix Wonyoung's memories."

"Jeong Jinsol will kill you, Chae!!"

"I talked to her before I called you, and Jinsol Unnie agreed. We can't keep to hide and let them do whatever they want."

"How are you going to tell Wonyoung what happened?! Are you going to tell her everything?"

"Do you think Wonyoung would believe me if I told her everything that had happened over the last five years had been a lie and a fraud? I don't even know how to tell Wonyoung that Yujin is the Scepter."

"This is ridiculous."

"This is always a ludicrous situation, but we don't have a choice. I'm not sure what would happen if Wonyoung's memory were back, and how The Ruler Line of Air would react if they found Kim Jiwoo was fine. Safe and sound."

"Aren't we giving them a chance to attack us by leaving the truth exposed?"

"They have already done so. They aren't interested in Wonyoung's memories or Jiwoo's whereabouts. They will always try to destroy The Chosen One Circle. All that remains is to return all of the Ruler Lines to their original positions. I know it will be hard to make your Ruler agree. We will force your Ruler to step down from her throne and intervene by putting you in danger. We need her help to make this plan work."

"What plan do you have that requires you to use my Ruler?" Ash realized Chaeyeon's crazy plan wasn't over.

"I want to gather all of the Rulers at Oneiroia, and you know that won't happen unless your Rulers leave Oneiroia's gates open."

 

***

 

VVIP Suite, Unity Hospital, Seoul

Sunday, November 9th, 2025

Hyeju looked at Yerim with concern, noticing her lover's altered demeanor since she awoke from anesthesia.

"Are you still upset, Yerimie?" Hyeju held Yerim's wrist, signaling the older girl to stop feeding her.

"Are you finished eating?" Yerim did not respond to Hyeju's question. She set the spoon down and reached for Hyeju's glass of water.

Hyeju nodded, took the glass, and drank from it. Her gaze was drawn to (Park) Chaewon, who was sitting on the couch with the laptop on her lap. Their gazes locked, and Hyeju couldn't help but take a deep breath when she heard Chaewon's voice in her head, realizing that Chaewon had also been treated the same way by Yerim.

Yerim never leave her alone, but she remained silent and avoided Hyeju's gaze. At first, Hyeju thought it was due to Juyeon's presence around them. She reasoned that Yerim was being polite and didn't want to do the PDA in front of Juyeon. But seeing how Yerim's attitude returned to normal whenever Juyeon was present and instantly changed when Juyeon was not around made Hyeju uneasy. When their colleague visited her, Yerim acted usually as well. She's still Choi Yerim, the cheerful and friendly girl. Her sweet and lovely girlfriend. Only when she was with Hyeju did Yerim become silent and cold. Yerim had never acted in this manner before. Every time Hyeju made a mistake that upset Yerim, she only sulked for a few moments before back to normal after Hyeju apologized.

"Juyeon Unnie said she will stay with you tonight. Do you still need me here?" Yerim folded the portable table and placed it on the buffet with ease.

Hyeju's brow furrowed in response to Yerim's question. Yerim was the one who knew the most about her relationship with Juyeon, and Yerim's question set Hyeju off. Hyeju must deal with this situation as soon as possible, or Yerim will go around without her, which will worry Hyeju.

"Can you stay here and not leave me alone with her? I don't have anything to do with her. I don't need her to be here."

Something changed in Hyeju's tone as Yerim frowned. "I have a business to attend to. I'll be back tomorrow."

"You are the only one who knows what kind of relationship I have with her. I'm not comfortable enough being with her alone, Babe."

Now Yerim noticed that Hyeju had stopped mentioning Juyeon's name. Although Juyeon was around, Hyeju not even once talked to her. Juyeon has spent more time with Yerim, Hyeju's friends, and the doctor who treats Hyeju in recent days.

"If you don't want to be with her, you can ask Juyeon Unnie to wait outside the room," Yerim said flatly. She tidied up her belongings without looking at Hyeju.

"Where are you going? What are your plans for today? Can't you do it after I am discharged from the hospital? I'm always available to accompany you and-"

"Why should I be with you to take care of my business?" Yerim gave Hyeju a tired look. "Are you worried that I'll be attacked and killed if I'm not by your side?"

“Yerim-ah…” Hyeju sighed. "You shouldn't say things like that."

"You're afraid that you won't be able to protect me. You're scared I'll die." Yerim looked at Hyeju and Chaewon alternately. "Isn't that the reason why you guys took the risk this far? You played Arcane Warden alongside Kim Chaewon and An Yujin."

"We did it for you, Dear, to protect you." Hyeju reasoned.

Yerim shook her head in disbelief.

"The Arcane Warden forces you to rely on those to whom you are bound for your life. You can even die without a fight if those you are alliances got killed. And you, too, Son Hyeju," Yerim's attention was drawn to Hyeju. "Do you have any ide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter