Chapter 21 (Fallen Angel)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

It's been a month...

Thank you for the subs and comments in Violet..

I really appreciate it ^^

Thanks to Team Violet for the FMV and always promoting Violet on twt..

This is the first time I got a FMV.. You guys are so cool..

And of course the one and only lalelulelo09 who always patient with my 'head in the clouds' state and always check my messy plot.. Thanks!!

This will be a rather long chapter than usual..

Are you ready for the new teories? fufufu

Go to the toilet before reading, prepare your snacks, and happy reading!! LOL

See yaaa..

Peace... Love... and... Kewl!! ^^

 

 

Olympia, Gallia

Friday, October 27th, 2017

“You know you don’t have to wait for me and watch me finished my punishment for skipping training, right?” Hyewon said, panting as she spoke, the result of her three hours of training.

The girl above her chuckled, and Hyewon closed her eyes as she felt fingers running down her hair and gently massaged her spinning head as she was laying down comfortably on the girl’s lap. Feeling relax under her touches.

“Let’s just say I did it because I love you and want to see you longer than usual,” said the girl.

That answer was too familiar to her and Hyewon laughed at that.

“You know I love you too, right?” Hyewon said without opening her eyes, still enjoying the treatment from the girl.

“Yeah, I know you love me, but not in that way. We’re not talking about the same kind of love now.”

The replies made Hyewon open her eyes and found the younger girl weren’t looking at her. Hyewon sighed and lifted her head from the girl’s lap. She positioned herself next to her and took the girl’s hand in her grasp.

“Yuri-ah...” Hyewon softly recited Yuri’s name. “You are my favorite sister. You’re so precious to me, you know that.”

“I know,” Yuri answered softly. “I also know that you want a Healer as your Tier. If only I had lasted at least three months longer in my mother’s womb, I’ll become a Healer.” Yuri laughed, but Hyewon still heard the bitterness in it.

“Jo Yuri...”

“It’s okay, Unnie. I’m sure you have your own reason, and I understand why you did that.” Yuri looked at Hyewon with an understanding smile, even though Hyewon could see the sadness in the younger girl’s gaze. “I can’t be a compatible pair for pure-warrior like you. You are a Pillar who has the responsibility to look after the Ruler. You need someone who can take care and look after you and that’s not me. If I were born on the same date and month but in the following year, surely I would be a compatible pure-healer for you. Unfortunately, I’m only a half-blood warrior who is in the lowest caste now.”

Hyewon felt her chest tighten hearing Yuri’s speech. What Yuri said wasn’t completely wrong, but Yuri really managed to touch the sensitive part that Hyewon really didn’t like. Hyewon never cared about the hierarchy between them. But there were other things she had to think, considering her responsibilities as a Pillar. She can’t arbitrarily choose a partner based on love or feeling and endanger the Ruler of Earth because of her carelessness.

“You know I never cared about all that hierarchy. That’s not the reason why I can’t be with you.” Hyewon’s hand reached out to grab Yuri in her arms but Yuri chose to stay away, indirectly telling Hyewon that she didn’t want that. Hyewon let out a sigh, but continued her explanation. “I will always be in a dangerous place. I will always be in a situation that makes me unable to care about anything other than The Ruler. Maybe I can’t even look after my Tier because of my responsibilities. You’re important to me, Yuri-ah. Being by my side is not the one and only option for you. There are other options for you, and I want you to choose wisely, because choosing me is definitely a mistake. I want you to be fine. You have to be happy.”

“Then will you end up being bonded to someone you don’t love to make it easy for you to ignore your Tier because of your responsibilities as a Pillar?” Yuri asked without missing a beat, surprising Hyewon. “I guess you forgot that I’m a Warrior too. Tied to you or not, I will also be in a dangerous place and do anything for the sake of The Ruler’s safety, just like you.”

“Yuri–”

“But no worries, Unnie, this will be the last time I ask you to consider my feelings. I understand your concern.”

Yuri stood in front of Hyewon and draped the towel she was carrying around Hyewon’s neck, gently wiping the sweat left on Hyewon’s face without saying anything. Hyewon can feel the change in Yuri’s mood. This is not the first time they talk about this and it always ended like this, always because of the same reason. But tonight, the younger girl’s face looked tired even though she tried to smile every time their eyes met.

“Eunbi Unnie has prepared dinner for you. Go back to the dorm and take a rest.” Yuri bent down to kiss Hyewon’s forehead. After that she walked away in the opposite direction to the dorm.

“Yah! Jo Yuri! Where are you going?! It is late!!” Hyewon stood up and groaned when her body ached due to her sudden movements. But Yuri just smiled and waved her hand. Hyewon just realized that a car was waiting for Yuri at the gate of Olympia and seeing the Royal Entertainment logo on the body of the car, she knew Yuri would spend the night at her agency.

Hyewon leaned back on the bench and stared at the dark sky. Her head replayed the conversation with Yuri and made her take a deep breath.

“You know, it would be better if you just tell her that you love someone else rather than your stupid ‘I will always be in a situation that makes me unable to care about anything other than The Ruler’ excuses.”

Hyewon groaned when someone threw a towel and hit her face.

“You should start doing something to make her fall in love with you, Stupid.” Hyewon grabbed the towel and threw it back to the owner.

“Your rejection made her think that a Warrior must be bonded to a Healer, so you kinda made it even more difficult for me to make her fall in love with me, Kang.” The girl huffed. She took a seat beside Hyewon and offered her a bottle of water, which is replied with a thank you from Hyewon. “Are you rejecting her because you know I’m in love with her?”

Hyewon snorted hearing the question.

“Why would I give up about the person I like for you?” Hyewon sipped the water in her hand. “If I love her, I wouldn’t be a coward like you who cowardly chose to be a good sister for her, Choi Yena. You need to stop thinking that I rejected her because of you. Like Yuri said, we don’t have the same definition of love, so we can’t be together. As simple as that.”

This time Yena grimaced. She wanted to punch Hyewon for breaking Yuri’s heart but at the same time she was thankful for it.

“I’m just making sure my feeling doesn’t hurt anyone, Hye. I don’t want to be selfish and make mistakes because of this feeling. I know we have to consider many things when it comes to choosing Tier. This is not just about our lives, but also about who we are willing to sacrifice if someday we cannot save everyone we love.” Yena turned to look at Hyewon who turned her gaze to the Olympia court. “Somehow… I’m scared. We have big responsibilities in our hands, we don’t know what we’re gonna face in the future and the only thing we can do right now is prepare ourselves.”

“Can you imagine being Wonyoung then?” said Hyewon. “At that young age, she already held the responsibility as The Ruler of Earth, also has Astreaia as her realm. Her universe. Not to mention other responsibilities that she must fulfill. Seeing her, I feel we should become a reliable Pillar for her. The Pillar who always be by her side and support her. To always give the best for her.”

Yena scoffed. “And all those good words are meaningless if you can’t do all the Pillar’s duties. In order to protect the Rulers, The Pillars needs to have a Tier to be stronger. I really hope you will find someone who understands the noetic in your head. If it’s necessary, I will help you to get who you want as a Tier.”

Hyewon sighed. She stared at the views in front of them.

“You know, Warrior is a representation of darkness and war. On the contrary, healer is the hope and the light.” Hyewon smiled faintly with dreamy eyes. “I want a Healer, Yena-ya. A Healer who able to calm the whisper from the devil that keeps echoing in my head, not a Warrior who will support the craziness in my head. I need someone who can control me, the one who can be my safety pin.”

 

***

 

Seoul

Thursday, October 23rd, 2025

She didn’t really remember when she suddenly woke up. She could only remember how the girl in her arms was sleeping restlessly and looking in pain. She immediately moved her hand to rub her back and whispered words to calm her down. It took a moment until only their breath was heard with a soft hum that she sang.

It’s been like this for the past few weeks.

The sound of her phone alarm broke the silence in the room. Her right hand quickly grabbed her phone to turn it off. She had no intention of leaving the girl even though the alarm was meant for her to leave the bed and getting ready before leaving to the hospital. She put her phone back to the nightstand quietly, not wanting to wake the girl in her arms yet. Her fingers slowly parted the hair covering the face of the girl who has been a source of her happiness for years. The girl was in deep sleep and she did not want anything to disturb her.

 

Both of you are a half-blood warrior. Even so, you know who you are bonded to. She’s an Odd Eye. She knows many things that I don’t know. She is the keeper– the key-holder of all realms. She is one of the owners of Eden’s rule. If you realize who else is in each of The Ruler Line, you will understand that our existence is destined to be in pairs. Just like my existence, Odd Eye has two opposing sides. Those who are destined to be light and guidance are also those who are destined to destroy everything that ruins the balance.

With or without you, maintaining the balance is her duty. Like I said before, she’s a Warrior. The Warrior and the war destined to be together. But I’m grateful that you managed to keep her alive, to keep her sane. I’m thankful you always restrain her from doing crazy things to keep the universe from falling apart. Simply, because we do not know for how long the light will be able to illuminate the dark. We do not know how long she can be right at the border to become The Odd Eye, the one who keep the balance.

I just don't want her to end up like my soulmate. You know my soulmate, such a talented and nice girl. My favorite gifted in this universe. A young girl who is so caring and affectionate. But The Elder turned her into an evil soul. Even I failed to save her and that's the reason why the accident five years ago happened. I can’t fight the darkness that already embraced her. And as the results, too many poor souls sacrificed that night.

I can’t predict anything. There are lots of possibilities that can happen and I think The Odd Eye already knows about that. You guys are in my circle but if it is related to her duty as The Odd Eye, only you can help her. You’re her safety pin. I have no right to ask anything from you when my life is also gambled with time. I just felt something big was coming and I hope you are always by her side.

 

The girl mumbled in her arms and woke her up from her reverie. She looked down to kiss the top of the girl’s head.

“My head hurts...” The voice sounded hoarse and weak.

“I’m here and I’m holding you. You’ll be okay, Dear.” She whispered and tightened her arms around the girl, trying to share the energy she had. Her fingers moved gently the scar between the girl’s eyes before returning to give her a kiss.

They stayed in the position for awhile until she was sure the younger girl in her arms had fallen back asleep. She slowly let go of her arms and pulled a blanket to cover the girl’s body. As quiet as she can, she walked out of the bedroom to the younger girl’s study room which was right next to their bedroom.

Usually, it’s rare for her to enter the study room. But remembering what happened last night made her step in and pay attention to the surroundings. There is nothing suspicious in the room. The case files that were handled by her girlfriend were arranged messily on the table. Some are scattered with so many scribbles and handwriting from her lover. As usual, she didn’t try to tidy it up, remembering how her girlfriend worked. But she couldn’t help her curiosity when her eyes caught a messy writing that seemed not relate with the other files. She frowned seeing a circle symbol with a triangle in it. Her gaze shifted to another paper containing handwritten notes that seem like wrote in hurry. Her hands were tightly clenched on her sides shortly after reading the handwriting. The warning given to her is correct. Maybe something will happen.

Sooner or later.

 

The dusk when The Odd Eyes gather in a circle of life..

The glowing eyes bring joy and sorrow...

Lips that hum a prayer.. The heart that beats slowly..

The hand that holds the secret of God..

 

Scarlet... Violet... Navy... Ash...

Reveals every truth hidden in the universe...

Before the dawn...

In the middle of full moon...

At the day when the Earth stops running around the Sun...

They descended as messengers of death and resurrection...

The Guardian of Time...

Those who are hidden behind betrayal, blood, and tears from the time that has passed and walked away...

The Fallen Angels...

 

***

 

 

Sapphire Corp., Seoul

Thursday, October 23rd, 2025

“Will you be alright?” Yena looked at Yuri who was leaning against the car. Yuri can feel the worries from the way Yena holding her hand.

“You’ve been with me for the past two days. Did you see me in pain even for once?” Yuri reached out her hand and Yena’s cheek. “I’m okay and I’m not going anywhere. You can meet me at the dojo after the meeting is over. I will be there with the others.”

Yena still looked doubtful and worried, her face looked uneasy and made Yuri shake her head. She leaned over to give a quick kiss on Yena’s cheek and the corner of Yena’s lips automatically lifted.

“I miss my playful Yena.” Yuri put her arm around Yena’s neck with pursed lips. “I don’t like seeing you stressed out when you’re with me. That face should be appeared only when you work, not when you with me.” Yuri looked Yena right in the eyes. “I’m serious when I said I’m okay. Didn’t I promise you I would contact you if the same thing happened like a few days ago?”

Yena nodded and pulled Yuri’s body in her arms. Yuri giggled as Yena buried her face into Yuri’s shoulder, hugging her tighter. Clingy Yena always make it harder for Yuri to leave even only for a few hours.

“Yah! Choi Yena! Hurry up! Miss Lee has arrived!” Hyewon’s loud voice startled the two and made Yena release her hug.

Yuri waved her hand at Hyewon who had just came out of the café located across the parking lot. The older girl grinned and waved her hand back before walking quickly to join another girl who was walking ahead of her to the lobby.

“Yah! Son Hyejoo, wait!” Hyewon managed to catch up the taller girl’s steps and cling to her arm.

Yuri narrowed her eyes following the steps of the girl who was with Hyewon out of the café. A tall girl with a stern gaze and triangle-shaped lips that exuded a strong aura of girl crush. A gray blazer tucked between her arms when the other hand carrying an Americano, looking relaxed only with a black shirt, jeans and sneakers. Her long black hair was tied carelessly with a bun hairstyle that showed a long neck with a tattoo on her nape. Yuri did not know the girl and this was the first time she saw Hyewon so clingy with other people.

“Who is that? Are they dating?” Yuri asked Yena with her eyebrow raised.

Yena giggled at Yuri’s words. “Of course not! That girl is Son Hyejoo, and she is Yerim’s girlfriend, Babe.”

“WHAT?!” Yuri was surprised at Yena’s words. “Yerim as Choi Yerim? Your cousin?”

Yena nodded with a big smile. “You see the bat tattoo on her nape? Yerim has a tattoo in the same spot, but a wolf. That’s their matching tattoos. They also have moon and sun tattoos on their ankle. Such a cuties.”

“Wow, but... H-how?!” Yuri’s voice rang out, still didn’t believe the new information. “Yerimie literally is a ball of sunshine while that girl... She looks scary, Unnie.”

“We called them the moon-sun couple.” Yena said, chuckling at Yuri’s reaction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter