Chapter 32 (Foul)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turchase, Seoul

Thursday, October 30th, 2025

Chaeyeon stood leaning against the door frame looking at the three girls who sat around the table. One eyebrow raised at the pair of empty chairs next to Doyeon. One chair was clear for her, but the owner of the chair that was supposed to fill the other chair was not visible.

“Where's Yeonjung?” She clasped her hands together with an unsatisfied expression.

“Relax, Miss Jung. I am here.” Chaeyeon felt a hand touch her back and something soft and moist pressed against her cheek.

Yeonjung's lips.

“No wonder you are like a girl on her period. Your lover does not here.” Yeonjung grinned before walking towards her seat next to Doyeon. Her eyes sparkled staring at the wine glass in front of Doyeon. Her hands quickly wrapped the fingers around the glass, taking a delicious sip.

“Jung Chaeyeon has horns on top of her head. Behave, dr. Yoo.” Doyeon grinned at her same-age friend when she saw the change in Chaeyeon's expression who looked tired of them.

“So, why are you gathering us for, Unnie? The fire babies.” Mina stretched out her hand, asked Chaeyeon to come closer. It's not new for her to find Chaeyeon who looks stressed every time she faces them. However she knew, Jung Chaeyeon didn't like to have any business with them and if the girl was in her restaurant it would be because of her fiancee who asked her to meet them.

“Which of you wreaked destruction in Gallia a few days ago?” Chaeyeon asked without pause. The serious look did not fade from her face. The girl's gaze was cold, distant, and demanding.

Simultaneously Mina and Yeonjung pointed at Doyeon. Meanwhile, Jieqiong just laughed at the betrayed expression on Doyeon's face.

“Not me, Unnie.” Doyeon shook her head quickly. “I was at Chrysalis late at night. Remember, I called you after dinner.”

“You and Chrysalis.” Chaeyeon snorted when she was reminded again of what upset her. She grabbed a wine glass and took a sip. The expression on her face suddenly changed when she realized that the wine she was enjoying was a rare wine that was tens of years old. One of them must have used Tunnel Time to get this wine.

Having the playful Odd Eye and Ruler who doesn't like to follow the rules is sometimes a characteristic in this circle. If other Ruler Lines are looking for heirlooms to strengthen their protection and power, these circles actually use them for fun by moving from one timeline to another like on vacation. They didn't care about the war in the future.

“I thought you would come and burn their Tunnel Time.” Mina grinned childishly as Doyeon glared at her. “Don't look at me like that, I'm sure you would have done it if only Yoojung didn't stop you.”

“Somi is annoying. She always complained about what I was going to do to Yoojung. I won't say anything I'm going to do to her. She's going to betray me again and again.” Doyeon looks annoyed at the younger girl's behavior.

In front of her, Mina looked at Doyeon with a meaningful look. She smiled amusedly realized the girl in front of her seemed to forget something. “Doyeon-ah...”

“Hmm?”

“Looks like you forgot that Yoojung can find out whatever you are doing without the interference of other people.”

This time Chaeyeon laughed at Mina's words. Especially when she saw the change in Doyeon's expression.

“Then who did the mess?” Chaeyeon frowned.

“I should be the one who set the fire, Unnie,” Doyeon answered calmly. The younger girl grinned at Chaeyeon's reaction to her confession. After all, the fingers that were pointing at her were reasonable. Among them, Doyeon was one of the troublemakers who gave Chaeyeon the most headaches.

But hearing Doyeon's confession made Chaeyeon realize if the girl had the desire to burn Gallia but something made Doyeon restrained.

“Then what kept you from doing that?”

“Jo Haseul. I don't know who she is, but she started the fire.”

“And?” Chaeyeon's eyes narrowed to realize that Doyeon's explanation wasn't finished.

“Kwon Eunbi. She who magnifies the flames. BOOM BOOM BOOM!!” Doyeon's hand moved comically before reaching for her wine glass, turn it slowly. “Could they be working together? I mean, as a team.”

“What?!” Not only Chaeyeon, but those at the same table as her also frowned at what she said.

“Isn't Kwon Eunbi-?” Yeonjung didn't continue her words and looked at Doyeon asking for an explanation. “She is the leader of the Delta Team. One of The Elder's confidants.”

“I don't even understand what's going on inside her head. Kwon Eunbi can be tricky sometimes. She is an Eidolon but I know she never killed anyone. She was not in Gallia when Jo Haseul started the fire. But when she returned, the first thing she did was to strengthen the flames. Even though at that time she was injured. Didn't what she did endanger her life?” Doyeon shook her head. She tapped the surface of the table with her fingers, seemingly thinking about something. Trying to connect every fact she has found so far.

“You have access at UniThiev. I'm sure you must have investigated Jo Haseul's identity.” Chaeyeon leaned towards Doyeon.

“My access has a limit. I didn't find anything other than that she is a part of a Royal family who was born and raised in Stockholm. Currently, she is better known as Renata Jo, a founder of a consultant, Nyla Architecture. That's all I got from UniThiev.”

“Don't you have a close relationship with the sibling of the UniThiev's founder?” Chaeyeon stifled a laugh at the change in Doyeon's expression. “I heard Ha Sungwoon spoiled his sister a lot. I'm sure Ha Sooyoung must have access to UniThiev.”

“Are you kidding me? You and Yoojung may be very close to her but you know for yourself how the relationship between me and her.” Doyeon snorted and leaned her back on the chair with her arms crossed. “If they are not in the same team, could it be that they have the same motive? Jo Haseul and Kwon Eunbi.”

“Yujin was there,” Mina added. “Kwon Eunbi did that to protect Yujin and make The Elder believe that the attack was carried out by a rogue.”

“Jo Haseul is currently in Reykjavik and her name has not been on immigration records for the past week.” Yeonjung shakes her phone, the place where she accesses the illegal information. “I think Jo Haseul snuck into Gallia using Tunnel Time. She destroys Tunnel Time in Gallia and returns to Reykjavik using another Tunnel Time. Brilliant.”

“Tunnel Time in Gallia belongs to the Air element and she's was get there in an easy way. I'm sure she's part of the Air Line and not belong to the Earth Line.” Chaeyeon looked at the only girl who had not responded before, asking the girl to give her response.

“Sounds interesting, right?” Jieqiong grinned when their eyes met while turning the wine glass in her hand. “At least with this information, The Chronicle Tales will record the interesting intrigue in the history of each Ruler's sovereignty struggle. Aren't you tired of remaining to read the same name in The Silver?”

Even though she looked calm, Chaeyeon knew, Jieqiong was just as dangerous as Doyeon. If Doyeon is the executor more often, then Jieqiong is one of the masterminds in every riot that occurs in this circle.

“Please don't mess up the situation, Jie. I need you as a mediator, not a troublemaker.” Chaeyeon sighed with an exasperated expression. “We still have to work with other gifted to open all the gates. But with this situation, I don't even understand who is a companion and who is an enemy. Each of them has a different purpose.”

Hearing this, Doyeon leaned her head on her fist. She tilted her head and smiled as their gazes met. “Are you worried? I'm sure you realize how much influence we can play in this circle. Should I remind you if we are not on the same Ruler Line? I also don't know if you are a friend, or a foe, Unnie.”

 

***

 

Kwon’s Residence, Seoul

Friday, October 31st, 2025

“Unnie, I will take turns staying at Yena Unnie, Chaewon Unnie, and Hyewon Unnie's apartment until the Sapphire promo ends,” Wonyoung told Eunbi about her plan with enthusiasm. “Is that okay for you and Chaeyeon Unnie?”

Eunbi, who was making coffee in the kitchen, walked over to Wonyoung, who was standing between the living room and dining room. Her hands are carrying a bag containing her clothes.

“Of course,” Eunbi answered with outstretched hands to straighten Wonyoung's hair. She glanced briefly at Yujin who was still waiting for Wonyoung on the couch with Sakura. “You can stay as long as you want in their apartment.”

“You can stay at my apartment too if you want, Wonnie.” Sakura chimed in from her place. She smiled when she made eye contact with Wonyoung who was still standing in front of Eunbi.

“Thank you, Unnie!! I will!!” Wonyoung grinned.

Wonyoung's gaze turned to Yujin who was playing with her phone in the living room. Honestly, Wonyoung was surprised when she saw Yujin standing in Chaewon and Minjoo's living room a few hours ago. She thinks Yujin will stay in Busan until the end of the week and forget about her promise to accompany her to the Sapphire event tonight.

Even though Yujin didn't act like usual, the girl still showed her usual caring attitude by offering to take Wonyoung to Eunbi and Chaeyeon's apartment to pick up clothes that would be the dress code for tonight as well as her stuff to stay at Chaewon's apartment.

Not far from Yujin, Sakura sat with a laptop on her lap, still working and checking her company projects. Wonyoung frowns at the silence between the two. She understood that Sakura didn't really like a conversation, but for Yujin, since this afternoon somehow Wonyoung felt like Yujin was keeping a distance from her. Yujin did not only speak as needed. Even in the car, Yujin, who usually always had stories, now heard the sound of music accompanying them along the way to this place. Wonyoung, who is getting used to Yujin, who always tells stories whenever the older girl is by her side, feels uncomfortable with the change in her attitude.

Wonyoung took a deep breath and turned back to face Eunbi. She still had time to talk to the older girl before their event tonight.

“How about your injury?” Wonyoung looked at the bandage sticking out from behind the shirt Eunbi was wearing.

“It's only a small cut and Kkura is here. You don't need to worry about that.” Eunbi waved her hand and shook her head. “Oh yeah, how about your collaboration with Yujin? What is that? Syzygy?” Eunbi seemed hesitant when mentioning the theme of their collaboration.

Hearing the conversation, Yujin took her eyes off her phone screen and turned to Eunbi, who was now looking at her with a meaningful gaze. Yujin frowned, trying to read the older girl's intention of discussing their project.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter