Chapter 46 (Temptation)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cherie, Seoul

Wednesday, November 12th, 2025

“Do you know why Somi wasn't working with singers through her agency?” When Eunbi realized Yuri had finished her notes, she broke the silence between them.

“She said it would be boring because you can find their collaboration in their agency's annual family concert.” Yuri smiled and handed Eunbi the tablet. “I heard that her manager attempted to contact Emerald to direct her concert but was turned down. Why?”

“Over the last few years, we've worked hard and never had a quiet end of the year. We need our time, so we agreed not to take on any work for Emerald before the end of the year.” Eunbi focused her attention on the note written on the tablet that Yuri had given her. “Are you sure you'll make a comeback a week before Somi's concert?” Eunbi asked.

“It's only a digital single,” Yuri says. “I didn't plan to release an album or make a proper comeback until next summer. Unnie, I don't have enough time to do that.” Yuri smiled thoughtfully. “I need to prepare to be a responsible Tier for my Pillar. Isn't that what you're up to as well?”

Eunbi narrowed her eyes as she tilted her head. Yuri's words held hidden meanings. But Yuri just smiled at her and said nothing.

“We gathered here to discuss work, not missions. You're a Royal Land singer, and I'm an Emerald producer.” Eunbi went over the notes where Yuri reviewed the songs she had chosen. “What compelled you to sing my song?”

“I enjoy Parallel Universe. I know you put everything on the line by submitting that song to Architecture 11.” Yuri responded casually.

Eunbi laughed at the reply. “You seem to be very curious about a lot of things.”

“I just have too many questions.” Yuri hissed. “I hope you are aware of the situation that is currently taking place. I have to trust you, Unnie, so please show me that I can trust you again.”

Yuri gave Eunbi the bratty expression she always used when she was planning trouble.

“Stop putting spies on us. You never know if they're on your side or The Elders'. Now is the time to decide which side you support. You won't get anything from them, believe me.”

“I've always been on the Ruler's side,” Eunbi stated firmly.

“In that case, tell them to stop following me and the others. We will not harm Wonyoung in any way.” Yuri turned away and looked out the window. “I don't believe them. Never. You will only harm this Ruler Line if you surround us with The Elder's henchmen.”

“What do you mean?” One of Eunbi's brows furrowed.

Yuri gave a sad smile.

“Those who attacked Kkura Unnie and killed others are the same people who attacked us five years ago.”

“Stop making up stories! You have no evidence and-”

“Tattoos of dragonflies. I've always believed that what I witnessed five years ago was real. But it all turned out to be prejudice. I thought I saw a butterfly tattoo, but it wasn't one. It was a dragonfly tattoo, and the dragonfly is The Elder's and their people's symbol. It was such strong evidence that I couldn't put my trust in anyone in the Gallia. Aside from The Elder and our Ruler Line, you know for certain that no one knows about Kkura Unnie's mission or The Pillar's mission five years ago.”

“Yuri, we'll never know what happened. We should at the very least protect one another. What we can do now is carefully plan everything so that such incidents do not happen again.”

“You told me the same thing years ago, and look... I can't imagine what would happen if that accident happened again.” Yuri shook her head and pressed her lips together. “Can you imagine what it's like to be Yujin? She not only lost someone she adored. She had also lost a piece of herself because of the accident that night. You weren't by her side for the past five years and didn't witness what happened to her. But now, The Elder is returning what they stole without consideration for Yujin's feelings. You should at least thank her for her ability to hold herself. If I were in her position, I would have destroyed Gallia and killed anyone who had betrayed me.”

Yuri took her bag and stood there, staring at Eunbi with a sad expression on her face.

“It hurts to have to be okay when you lose those who are a part of your fate. Because of Wonyoung and Chaeyeon Unnie, I tried to believe in you. Please, don't let us down again, Unnie.” Yuri bowed before leaving Eunbi.

Wonyoung frowned at the conversation from where she stood. She purposefully eavesdropped on their conversation. Wonyoung took a deep breath after hearing what she had. That uneasy feeling returned, making her feel suffocated. Wonyoung had felt the gap between them for several weeks of interacting with them, but she tried to dismiss it, thinking it was just her feelings because so much had happened recently. But what she had just heard reminded Wonyoung of what had happened in the previous weeks.

“Unnie!!”

Eunbi turned around and frowned as she noticed Wonyoung coming alone.

“Didn't Hyewon pick you up?” When Wonyoung sat next to Eunbi, she immediately asked.

“She drove me here, then returned to Sapphire because she had a meeting with her team.”

Wonyoung ordered food and drinks while Eunbi mumbled inaudibly.

“Unnie, have you found the culprit of the arson in Gallia?” When she heard the question, Eunbi raised her head. Wonyoung has never mentioned the incident since it occurred. It makes her aware while also making her curious.

“The Elder shut the investigation because they found no evidence. In exchange, they have increased security in Gallia.” Eunbi responded calmly before returning to her lap to check the tablet.

“Doesn't allow that culprit to roam around put me in danger? How come you let that happen?”

Eunbi flinched at the demanding question. She took a deep breath before placing her tablet on the table and turning her attention to Wonyoung.

“What would you do if I told you who set the fire? Are you going to report The Elder? Secretly judge them? Or will you do the same for me?” Wonyoung frowned as Eunbi returned her question. One reaction that convinced Eunbi of Wonyoung's question was said to put her loyalty to the test. “I don't want to waste time looking for the truth because I know you'll be on her side. Jang Wonyoung, I respect your decision and don't want you to get in trouble for defending her. You will protect Yujin at all costs.”

Wonyoung smiled a little, satisfied with Eunbi's answer.

“I just want to know what Yujin Unnie was looking for to make her burn Gallia consciously,” Wonyoung said quietly. “What is your reason for covering up Yujin Unnie's actions and helping her in destroying evidence?”

Eunbi's eyebrows rose to realize that Wonyoung not only knew who the perpetrator was but also knew how she helped protect Yujin.

“Are you asking because you trust me, or vice versa? Why don't you just ask Yujin?”

“She said she did it to destroy Tunnel Time. I'd like to know your reason, and I hope it's not the same as Yujin Unnie's.”

Eunbi shook her head and chuckled.

“I understand why Yujin did that, and my only reason is to protect her. That is something I do for myself. I want Yujin to believe in me again. I owe her a lot after I let her down.”

 

***

 

Wolfe Station, Seoul

Wednesday, November 12th, 2025

“I like this studio. All of the cover songs and dance videos from the previous year, as well as the vlogs. I've been wondering why you're doing all of this. You're an introvert who dislikes being the center of attention. Someone you trusted and who always supported you left you, and she even made you want to end your life.” Yujin removed her headphones before facing the girl who had been accompanying her for hours to finish some recordings. “I kept thinking about your reason until I stopped and thought of it all as your escape, An Yujin.”

“Do you think I'm doing this to run away?” Yujin gave a faint smile. Her hand grabbed the water bottle and sipped it, her gaze never leaving the girl.

“Until I saw you at The Széchenyi Chain Bridge. The day you want to put an end to your nightmare.” The girl took a deep breath after seeing Yujin's calm expression. “That's when I realized what you'd been doing all this time wasn't just running away. What you do is hidden behind your channel. You were looking for an answer to your question and couldn't find it.”

Yujin didn't say anything. She kept herself by unconsciously twisting the ring on her finger, signaling the girl to keep all her assumptions.

“What happened that night five years ago changed your fate and mine,” the girl said as she bit her lower lip. “You were born as a pure-blood warrior, Pillar, as well as Odd-Eye. To hell with The Elder's maturity theories, but I'm sure you had odd-eye powers before you grew up, and you kept it hidden from them. You do the same thing as the other Odd-Eyes by convincing The Elder that the Odd Eye's abilities develop as they grow older. I'm not sure what was going through your head that night, but you knew that sacrificing yourself was the only way to save both your Ruler and Astreaia. It's a shame you forgot that your Ruler is the final decision-maker and that even the odd-eye reigns cannot intervene. You didn't anticipate your Ruler ignoring your sacrifice and instead turning herself to save you. Regardless of your feelings, her decision changes your destiny and makes you her Scepter.”

“You know too much, and this time, I'm not bothered. At the very least, I no longer have to justify my actions.” Yujin gave a faint smile, not denying what the girl was saying.

“Right now, you have everything to destroy what you want,” the girl said, shaking her head. “What exactly do you want from me? Are you using me?”

Yujin frowned, “you know I didn't mean to be so petty, which is why you came to my studio and accepted my offer. I got you the best deal. No one can do as much as I can. I gave you the opportunity to change our fate.”

The girl in front of Yujin inhaled deeply. Even though Yujin was correct, she was not satisfied with the reasons. It was still risky but tempting at the same time.

“You used the Ankh heirloom's energy to seal this place. That is, you do not want anyone to find out about our meeting. Even the odd eye.” She crossed her arms across her chest. “What are your plans? Do you plan to murder me?”

Yujin chuckled at her interrogating tone.

“I paved the way for you. To restore your honor as a ruler who does not want to be controlled by time. To reveal the truth that has been hidden by the bastard who wishes to kill you. I did it for you. I gave you a place to repay what they did to you seven years ago.”

 

***

 

Sapphire Corp., Seoul

Wednesday, November 12th, 2025

“For the umpteenth time, Kim Doyeon became an icebreaker on social media with the news of her engagement. This time, she kicked Jeon Somi and An Yujin's names, which have been trending topics since the start of the week.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter