Chapter 30 (Explanation)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeza Palace, Ukioia

Wednesday, October 29th, 2025

“Yerim is dying, Chaewon! You should have told me from the start that you and Yerim got bonded! We can protect her, so those accidents never happen!” Heejin snapped and shook her head. She looks angry after checking Yerim’s condition.

“The incident a few days ago happened because Yerim had the Golden Chain, and the Eidolons meant to steal it. It has been years since Hyejoo and I bonded with Yerim. Therefore, no one has hurt Yerim. Everything that happened to us in the past was already hard for us, Heejin. We have our duties, and Yerim doesn’t want you to worry about it.” Chaewon crossed hands in front of her chest with a gaze that was never away from Heejin. “I know you are disappointed in us, but that shouldn’t be our concern right now. We need to focus on Yerim. She needs us.”

Heejin gritted her teeth. She took a deep breath and massaged her temples. Her gaze turned to Yerim, who was still being given medications by Mrs. Hwang, the Grand Royal Medic of Meeza Palace. Yerim is still unconscious and is getting ready for treatment by applying a Healing Cloak. The last way they wish could have been avoided

Two days have passed since the attack, and Yerim’s condition has not changed. On the contrary, her condition got worse. This morning, she woke up wheezing and gasping for breath. Her breath comes in short. She kept teetering on the edge of unconsciousness, wincing in pain while barely opening her eyes. Hyejoo and Chaewon stayed by her side and tried to calm her down whenever Yerim was in pain. But it didn’t help. Yerim passed out for the umpteenth time. After much consideration, they finally decided to return to Ukioia.

“We don’t have much time, Babe. We can’t wait for Kahei Unnie and Haseul Unnie.” Hyunjin gently rubbed Heejin’s back and gestured for the older girl to get ready. She already wore her red velvet long robe. A brooch was pinned to the center, with a fire opal shining in the light. Hyunjin turned to look at Chaewon and said, “You too, Chae.”

Heejin nodded and left the Healing Chamber to change clothes. Meanwhile, Chaewon did not move from her place. She was still standing by Hyunjin’s side, her gaze never leaving the unconscious Yerim. Her hands clenched tightly at her side.

“You need to control your emotions, Chae.” Hyunjin grabbed Chaewon’s fist and intertwined their hands, squeezing it gently. “We will carry out a healing process using the Healing Cloak. It would be dangerous for Yerim if you and Heejin are not on the same frequency.”

“You should say that to Heejin, not me. She was the one who snapped at me, Hyun.” Chaewon sighed, her voice almost a whisper. She sounded tired and disappointed.

Chaewon knew she couldn’t blame Heejin and Hyunjin if both of them felt disappointed because they were hiding the fact that Yerim bonded with her and Hyejoo. They shouldn’t have kept it hidden, considering that Yerim would always be in danger and need protection. Even so, they had a reason why they didn’t tell the others. They did not want attention, which would only put Yerim’s life in danger. These few years, all has been well. What happened a few days ago is an exception.

“You’re important for Heejin, Chae. Please understand her. Heejin won’t ever let any danger get near you, Yerim, or Hyejoo. She was just worried, okay?” Hyunjin smiled as she felt Chaewon relax in her arms. “Now change your clothes. We’ll get over this together.”

Chaewon nodded and let go of their hug. She smiled as Hyunjin kissed her forehead. “Thanks, Hyun.”

 

***

 

Hyejoo’s face looked tense as she looked through the glass that stood between her and the Healing Chamber. Not far from her, Heejin, Hyunjin, and Chaewon seem to be talking seriously. Hyejoo couldn’t hear what they were talking about. But seeing the Healers change and use their robes and birthstones, Hyejoo knew that the healing process would start soon.

Yerim was still lying sick on the sapphire gurney with a silk gown covering her body. Her face looks haggard, lips starting to turn bluish. Hyejoo sighed in exasperation when she saw Yerim’s chest rising heavily. Even though she had an oxygen mask, Hyejoo could see that the girl was still having trouble breathing.

Chaewon was seen walking towards Yerim with a cup in her hand. Hyunjin followed her and sat beside Yerim, positioning the younger girl to sit and leaning on her. She took off the oxygen mask and hugged Yerim from behind. Chaewon tugged Yerim’s chin until the girl’s mouth opened. Chaewon carefully poured the liquid in the cup into Yerim’s mouth. After that, they put Yerim back on the sapphire gurney.

“We’ve brought the Healing Cloak, Your Highness.”

Hyejoo turned her head as The Grand Royal Medic and The Grand Royal Guard stood in front of the Healing Chamber with a pair of wooden boxes in their hands.

“Come in.” That low, deep voice echoed from the Healing Chamber.

The Grand Royal Medic walked over to Heejin. She opened the smaller box she was carrying, a diadem evident with the Ukioia symbol carved in the center. She put the diadem on Heejin’s head, and at the same time, the stone with the Ukioia symbol gave off a coral illumination.

Heejin thanked her and opened another box brought by The Royal Guard. A bronze Healing Cloak with gold strands on each side neatly folded inside the wooden box.

“You can wait outside,” Heejin said after the Healing Cloak was in her hand.

The Grand Royal Medic and The Grand Royal Guard bowed and walked out of the Healing Chamber.

Heejin walked over to the sapphire gurney and helped Chaewon to undress Yerim. They took off the silky gown and put Yerim in a fetal position. After that, they covered her bare skin with a Healing Cloak.

Hyejoo held her breath when she saw Yerim’s frame shuddering and cowering even more as the Healing Cloak touched her skin. At the same time, tendrils came out of the sapphire gurney and tied Yerim’s body so that she couldn’t move around. Hyejoo could see the uncomfortable and painful look on Yerim’s face even though she was in an unconscious state.

Heejin, Hyunjin, and Chaewon stood around Yerim. They stretched out their hands with their palms open upwards. A shining ball with coral, yellow, and Eden green colors suddenly floated from their opened palms. The balls united and absorbed Yerim’s body.

Hyejoo’s hands were tightly clenched at her side when she saw Yerim’s body jolted like an electric shock and made Yerim struggle to get loose from her position. Her body shook violently and shivered. Her reactions made the tendrils surrounding her body bind her even more. Hyejoo closed her eyes when she saw how Yerim’s jaw hardened in pain as veins popped up from her forehead and neck. Her lips parted, trying to catch her breath through , which Hyejoo knew was because her chest felt tight and burning.

The treatment carried out in the Healing Chamber always helps the recovery. However, during the process, the patient will be in pain when the Healing Cloak covers their body. Hyejoo remembered the first time they have brought Yerim to the Healing Chamber. At that time, Hyejoo didn’t have the heart to see her Tier in pain and made her chose to leave this place because she couldn’t stand seeing Yerim’s state. But today, Hyejoo will not give up. She will stay near Yerim until this treatment is ended.

Hyejoo… Chaewon Unnie… Help me… It hurts… My body hurts…

Hyejoo opened her eyes when she heard the voice. Yerim was still in an unconscious state, struggling with the pain amidst a shaking body. Even in her subconscious, she still looks for and calls out for Hyejoo and Chaewon.

Hyejoo’s gaze now turned to Chaewon. Unlike Heejin and Hyunjin who standing near Yerim to check her vitals, Chaewon didn’t seem to move from her place. She closed her eyes with lips that didn’t stop moving with the spell. Her body emitted a greenish light with the hands entwined in front of her body. Hyejoo could see tears slipping between Chaewon’s eyelids and running down her delicate face.

 

“Things are much worse than before, Hye. I know you must have realized what would happen to Yerim after Healing Cloak touched her body. We can’t avoid that. Yerim will still be in pain. But I will try to give my energy to her during the process. Hopefully, it will ease Yerim’s pain.”

 

Hyejoo’s memory recalled the words Chaewon said to her before the older girl changed clothes. Beforehand, Hyejoo had never seen Chaewon care about whatever happened to them. Chaewon always appeared cold and independent in her life. It seemed like she didn’t need someone to be by her side and their togetherness had been nothing more than a duty of work, nor fate. Chaewon always ignored their existence, and it often made Yerim feel sad. Yerim felt that Chaewon was forced to be bonded to her and their bond was only a burden for Chaewon.

Hyejoo and Yerim bonded long before they knew each other. The twin spirits, the Bronze called their bond. The bond that happened by the appearance of marks on their bodies when they touched for the first time. The bat and wolf tattoos they have are not from an artist’s tattoo works, it’s the marks bestowed upon them. Meanwhile, the bond between Chaewon and Yerim happened due to circumstances and destiny. The destiny a Pillar must undertake to protect their Ruler.

Hyejoo couldn’t blame Yerim for feeling neglected, or Chaewon’s attitude who acted like there was no bond between them. But what happened for the last few days changed Hyejoo’s judgment of Chaewon.

After the attack and Yerim’s condition getting worse, Chaewon asked them to stay in her apartment. Every hour, Chaewon always checks on Yerim’s. Hyejoo doesn’t even remember when the older girl slept because Chaewon was always around them. Her cold demeanor seemed to disappear every time Chaewon interacted with Yerim. She seemed trying to help Yerim to recover. Whenever Yerim looks in pain, Hyejoo can see the same expression of pain in Chaewon. Even though she didn’t show it openly, Hyejoo could feel Chaewon’s worry for Yerim.

Minutes have passed. Yerim seemed to be getting weak and tired. Yerim’s frail body stopped jerking and shaking as she started coughing and vomiting blood.

Hyunjin approached Yerim, intending to loosen her body from the tendrils, but Heejin’s hand stopped her. She gestured Hyunjin to look at Chaewon who was still surrounded by a greenish light with closed eyes and lips that didn’t stop reciting prayers. Hyunjin immediately understood that Chaewon was still trying to help Yerim complete her treatment.

Before long, Chaewon opened her eyes and looked at Yerim. Yerim’s body sank with small clots of blood and crystals pouring out of . Her body curled limply with a gasping breath. Slowly the knots on her body loosened, and the tendrils that had surrounded her disappeared behind the gurney.

Chaewon walked immediately to Yerim’s side. She grabbed a wet towel and wiped the blood and sweat off Yerim’s face. The younger girl was still seen trying to catch her breath. Chaewon checked the pulse on Yerim’s neck. Gradually the weak pulse strengthened. Yerim’s face started to color back, and her body no longer felt cold, making Chaewon let out a sigh of relief. She looked down and gave her kisses on Yerim’s forehead and lips.

“Thank you for being strong, Dear.” Chaewon kisses the back of Yerim’s hand before removing the Healing Cloak that covers Yerim’s frame and gets Yerim dressed.

“I didn’t expect that Eidolon has such a great ability.” Hyunjin bent down to take a sample of the blood and the crystal Yerim vomited into the tube. Although Yerim’s condition is getting better, she will still have to examine whatever happened to Yerim.

“Her attacks make Yerim vomit crystals, I think she has the same element as Yerim.” Heejin took turns staring at Hyunjin and Chaewon. “Jungeun Unnie and Jiwoo Unnie also experienced the same thing when they got injured from Eidolon’s attacks.” Heejin’s jaw tightened at that memory.

“Anyway, we can talk about this later. You need to rest now.” Hyunjin squeezed Heejin’s shoulder gently and smiled as Heejin nodded her head. “Go to the bedroom first, I’ll catch up after keeping this in the laboratory.” Hyunjin rushed out of the Healing Chamber while carrying several tubes for her research.

Chaewon turned her head at Hyejoo who was still waiting outside and signaled her to join them in the Healing Chamber.

“I already told The Royal Medic to remind you when it’s time for Yerim to take her medicine. Yerim has to get her medicine every four hours, so you have to do it in between.” Heejin took off the diadem on her head and stretched out her sore body.

It? Hyejoo looked at Heejin confusedly. But before she could ask, Heejin already continued.

“I’ve also asked The Head Court Lady to prepare your room. You can take Yerim to rest there.” Heejin took off her robe while still looking at Yerim that still in Chaewon’s attention. Not getting a response from Hyejoo made Heejin turn to the younger girl. “Do you need anything else?”

“Huh?” Hyejoo was still looking at her, seemed lost, and made Heejin realize something didn’t click in Hyejoo’s mind.

“You haven’t forgotten what you have to do as an aftercare after Yerim underwent the Healing Cloak treatment, right?”

Hyejoo didn’t want to admit it, but Heejin looked so intimidating as she stared at her with her cold eyes and the way she talked with that deep voice of, making it hard for Hyejoo to understand what she asked–

“Oh!” Hyejoo bit her lower lip and dropped her head realizing what she had to do. She didn’t want Heejin to catch on and read the expression on her face. “Do I have to do it myself? How about Chaewon Unnie?”

Hyejoo took a deep breath and lifted her head, looking at Chaewon.

“We have different roles as the Pillars who bonded with Yerim. I’ve done my roles as Yerim’s partner as well as her Healer, Hye.” Chaewon was hiding her smile as she walked over to Hyejoo. “I need Yerim inside me, but Yerim needs you inside her. I hope you don’t forget that because that’s your role.” For the first time in the past days, Chaewon grinned when she saw Hyejoo lowering her head in embarrassment.

“Just call us if you need anything. We’ll be in our room. Chaewon too. Starting today, Chaewon will sleep in my room.” Heejin gently ruffled Hyejoo’s hair before she left the Healing Chamber.

“I’ll check on Yerim again tonight. Please take care of her.” Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter