Chapter 19 (Synchronicity)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please pay attention to the timeline..

In the first scene in 2020. After that back to 2025..

Peace.. Love.. and.. Kewl!!!

Enjoy ^^

 

 

Gallia

Saturday, May 9th, 2020

Hyewon threw her backpack on the sofa after undergoing medical check-ups in Asclepia. Not Yena and Chaewon who chose to stay at Asclepia with their Tiers, Hyewon chose to go back to the dorm. She felt so tired after months of carrying out separate missions given by the Elders abroad.

The dorm looked dark and quiet. Hyewon tightened her sweater and closed the window, trying to keep the cold outside from entering the dorm. She didn’t go straight to the bedroom and walked to the pantry to get a can of beer. She sighed in relief as the liquid passed through . She forced her tired body to walk back to the living room and slumped her body on the sofa. She did not even care about the living room that still engulfed in the dark. With one hand over her face, she tried to catch her breath and sleep.

“This year still has a long way but you already look like a zombie, Hye. I know it cannot be ignored, 2020 is a tough year, especially for The Pillar. The great responsibilities are on your hands. So many lives depends on you now.”

Hyewon groaned at the voice but she calmed as she felt the touch on her face. Without raising her hand, she knew who was now sitting at the edge of the sofa. She opened her eyes and changed her position. Hyewon pulled the younger girl’s hand and sat on her lap. She straddled her and rested her head on the girl’s shoulder. Hyewon didn’t say anything but she could feel the girl’s arms wrapped securely around her waist.

“Sleep with me tonight. You need a healer to makes you feel better.” The younger girl tightened her arms. She leaned her cheeks on Hyewon’s head. Hyewon can feel the radiant energy from the healer who is now embracing her, make her feel more comfortable.

“Are you sure Eunbi Unnie won’t kill me if you sleep with me tonight hmm? You can’t even get too far away from her even only for a few hours, Lee Chaeyeon.” Hyewon chuckled at the request.

“She’s the one who asked me to stay with you. You need to recover your energy. The Elder will send you back to Europe if things get worse out there. I wouldn’t get worry about you if you have a Tier like Yena and Chaewon. But for now, you need me.”

Hyewon scoffed. She can guess what she would hear after this. Chaeyeon would ask her to find a partner and draw bond with her Tier.

“Seriously, Kang Hyewon. Stop being stubborn and get your Tier.” See? “You can’t keep moving from one healer to another every time you get hurt. We can heal you but we need more time because you are a Pillar and Pure-blood Warrior. The only Pure-bood Healer in Gallia is Kaeun Unnie and you know she’s very busy. She can’t stay by your side. Having The Tier will give you most of benefits.”

“I won’t die just because I don’t have a Tier, Lee. It only takes me a little longer than Yena and Chaewon to recover. It’s okay.” Hyewon answered stubbornly and made Chaeyeon shake her head. This conversation will not going anywhere if Hyewon continued being stubborn.

“Is the Tier you want still underage? Is that Yujin?”

“We love a healer’s energy. We don’t want to be bonded to a warrior.”

“So that’s the reason why you let Yuri go and bonded to Yena?”

“Yah! Lee Chaeyeon!” Hyewon’s jaw hardened as the younger girl mentioned Yuri’s name. “You are a healer and you know that a warrior would be better if they were bonded to the healer, like you and Eunbi Unnie or Chaewon and Minjoo.”

“Okay okay, sorry.. I just don’t understand why you insist on not being bonded. It makes no difference if you are bonded to a healer or warrior. There is no prohibition on doing that unless you want compatibility, more power, or simply, you don’t want to see your partner working in the dangerous field. But if you are bonded to Yujin, your power will stronger and you can watch where she goes because you will always be together.”

“Stop talking bull, Stupid! You know exactly who will end up with Yujin. It’s all about time.” Hyewon laughed amused. She put her arm around Chaeyeon’s neck, hugging the healer tightly.

“What does Eunbi Unnie’s birthstone look like? Is it red? Or yellow like her favorite color?” Hyewon asked curiously.

“Surprisingly, she has turquoise. Bluish green but more green. Her birthstone is very beautiful and warm. She put it near my vein so I can feel the stone throbbed in tune with my heart.” Chaeyeon said enthusiastically as she talked about her lover. “You know, Hye. I heard a lot about how painful it was when we broke our birthstone and exchanged it with our partners. And that’s true, the bonding process was very painful. I’m not sure I could have done it if not with Eunbi Unnie. At that time, I feel like I’m dying although Eunbi Unnie has taken over most of my pain. She kissed me and didn’t let go of her arms and grip from me when we were bonding. I didn’t even know that she did that for me. I only realized when she was passed out after the bonding process was over. She was so cool, right? Kwon Eunbi is the love of my life.” Chaeyeon grinned.

“Wow, I didn’t know she can be so whipped like that.” Hyewon raised her head from Chaeyeon’s shoulder to look at the younger girl, “It would be nice to have a partner who loves you and is willing to sacrifice anything for you. Like you and Miss Kwon.” Hyewon patted Chaeyeon’s head.

“You know all that stuff but you chose to stay single? Are you waiting for Chowon to grow up?”

Hyewon laughed and waved her hand to answer Chaeyeon’s question. Since Minjoo and Yuri were bonded to Chaewon and Yena right after the two being adults, Chaeyeon hasn’t stop being a matchmaker trying to find a partner for her.

“What if I’m bonded to a Pillar from another Ruler?”

Hyewon’s question made Chaeyeon frown. “What do you mean?”

“Wonyoung is The Ruler of Earth. There are still three other Rulers and surely they have their respective Pillars as well. Certainly it will be more beneficial for me, for us, if I’m bonded to a Pillar from another Ruler who is also a Healer.”

Chaeyeon stunned at Hyewon’s words. She loosened her arms around Hyewon’s waist and looked at Hyewon as if she had two heads.

“I know you and your amazing trouble-brain can not be defeated. But this time you went too far, Kang Hyewon! We don’t even know who the other Ruler is. What if they are part of the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma? They are more suitable to be your parents!”

“It is possible that they are a Delta or Omega, Lee.” Hyewon laughed with amusement at Chaeyeon’s reaction. “When I was in Prague, I felt the presence of a Healer, Chae. The healer energy that was stable like Kaeun Unnie but more powerful. A pure-blood and probably also a Pillar. I feel safe and comfortable when in contact with that energy. I’m sure it’s a Delta.”

Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes. “You know the difference between Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Omega?”

“Besides our ages, I don’t know what the difference is.” Hyewon grinned as she shaking her head. “I’ve never met a Gamma. But I feel so uncomfortable around Alpha and Beta. They have strong energy but it makes me feel depressed and weak. I think you can feel that when you meet The Elder.”

Chaeyeon nodded in agreement.

“Even so, wanting a Tier outside Gallia is not easy, Hye. Even if you fall in love with those who are not gifted, The Elder will intervene and it wouldn’t be good for your Tier.”

“I know. I’m better be alone than letting those who are not gifted become my Tier. Our destiny is too dangerous for them.” Hyewon took a deep breath and pressed her body back to Chaeyeon.

“Is it the person you want already bonded to someone else?” This time Chaeyeon felt Hyewon’s body stiffened with her question. “You’re a Pillar. You can take someone else’s partner if you want it, Hye.”

“I’m not that petty and egoistic, Chae. I can’t force my feelings to someone who doesn’t love me.” Hyewon looks annoyed. “What if I want you? Are you ready to broke up with Eunbi Unnie and become my Tier?”

Chaeyeon laughed at Hyewon’s response. She looked at the older girl with a small smile. Her gaze look serene, typical Lee Chaeyeon.

“If you really want me, I have no choice and become your Tier. I think Eunbi Unnie will let go of me gracefully.” Chaeyeon answered lightly as if it’s not a big problem. “If being your Tier is another way to protect Wonyoung, I don’t think anyone will stop or against you. Besides, if I become your Tier, I will love you more than the love that I given to Kwon Eunbi. That’s the Tier destiny.”

Hyewon scoffed.

“You think I will believe in your nonsense huh? As the Leader of Omega Team, I have to admit you’re impressive. But as Kwon Eunbi’s lover, you’re annoying. You can’t live without Kwon Eunbi so stop talking this bull, Lee Chaeyeon!”

Hyewon keep denial at her questions but for the last question, Chaeyeon seemed to get an answer. Chaeyeon gently Hyewon’s head with laughter which shook her body.

“I know the Pillar-Tier relationship is not the same as other gifted relationships. Even though a Tier initially doesn’t have any feelings with the Pillar, when they are bonded, that love will be present. Loving and sacrificing anything for The Pillar is a Tier’s destiny. But the Pillar’s destiny is doing anything for The Ruler. That’s the original concepts.”

“Something like that only exists in fairy tales, you brat!” Hyewon snorted. She doesn’t want to continue this conversation even though she knows what Chaeyeon said is true.

Sad truth about Ruler-Pillar-Tier’s destiny.

“I haven’t seen Wonyoung and Yujin since morning. Where are they?” Hyewon asked without releasing herself from Chaeyeon. Instead, she got closer and buried her face in Chaeyeon’s neck.

“Last night Yujin collapsed from exhaustion and still unconscious. Wonyoung, Kaeun Unnie, and Eunbi Unnie were with her in Astreaia.”

“What?!” Hearing that Hyewon stood up from her position. “What happened to her?”

“The pandemic is getting worse. Because of that, The Elder asked Yujin to create the circle of energy in several areas to keep the virus from spreading. Similar like what you and the other Pillar did. If we cannot handle the people, we have to negotiate with the nature. Among The Pillars, only Yujin can do that. She is The Pillar of Earth. That’s why from the beginning The Elder asked her to remain in Gallia. She need to—”

“Cut that !” Hyewon looks angry. “She’s still a baby. She’s the weakest among The Pillar. Minjoo and Yuri can even beat Yujin easily. Yujin hasn’t done Odyssey. She also doesn’t have a Tier. Even her birthstone is still not perfect. What if Yujin gets hurt?!” Hyewon snapped. “Listen, if the Elder really needed Yujin’s abilities to complete each of our missions, maybe I’ll understand. I could understand that if Yujin was doing mission with us, at least we could watch and protect her. But letting Yujin playing with the energy that is still not mature, I can’t accept it! Not only Yujin, We, The Pillars, always refused whenever Wonyoung insisted on sharing her energy with us every time we were injured because she was not yet in a stable condition. You’re a healer and you should know that, Chae. As our leader, you should do everything to protect her!! To protect those kids!”

Chaeyeon didn’t say a word because she knew what Hyewon said was true. But she couldn’t do anything because The Elder gave the task to Yujin when she was not in Gallia.

“I thought The Elder let Yujin stay in Gallia because they were considering her condition. But I guess they really can’t be trusted. I don’t care if the Elder asks me, Yena, and Chaewon to do anything for The Ruler’s sake. I don’t even care if they send me to Antarctica though! At least we are adults, we have perfect-mature stones and we have done Odyssey.” Hyewon continued her grumbles.

“Wait!” Chaeyeon raised her hand asking Hyewon to stop talking. “Chaewon can’t do Odyssey, did you forget?”

“Who said that?” Hyewon’s eyebrows raised.

“She’s not a pure-blood healer. Only pure-blood healer and pure-blood warrior can do Odyssey. Isn’t that what the Elder said?”

“That’s one of the reasons why I don’t trust The Elder!!” Hyewon almost screamed and looked frustrated. “Does it make sense that pure-blood healers and pure-blood warriors can do Odyssey but one of the Pillars can’t do it just because she’s a half-blood? That doesn’t make sense, Chae! In our caste, Kim Chaewon is a Pillar. She is above pure-blood healer and pure-blood warrior!”

“You can’t jump in to conclusions just because you guys— The Pillar has the highest caste after The Ruler.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter