Chapter 13 (Syzygy)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sapphire Corp., Seoul

Wednesday, September 17th, 2025

“T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, pillows, umbrellas, keychains, helmets, puzzles, plushies, tote bags, blankets,” Miss Lee mentioned the list of merchandises they would sell on the release date of the Sapphire Crown series. “I’m fine with all of this, but what do you think about working together with Symphony?”

“Why?” asked Hyewon, confused.

“To ask them to release a mobile phone with Sapphire Crown as the theme,” Miss Lee grinned as she reached for her phone and contacting someone. She put her phone to her ear and suddenly the room filled with cute voice as she said, “Hello, Oppa?”

Hyewon held back her laughter seeing Yena and Chaewon’s expression. Even after a long time, both of them still can’t stand the baby-like voice from Sapphire owner. Especially when this meeting about marketing must be bored the hell out of them.

“Next month Sapphire will release the last series of Sapphire Crown. Are you interested in working with us?” Miss Lee put her phone with loudspeaker on the table, deliberately leaving their conversation open for others to hear.

“Do you want Symphony to launch a new cellphone with the Sapphire Crown theme?”

“You know me so well, Oppa.” Miss Lee smiled and walked to the refrigerator in the corner to get a can of beer. “As you know, right now Sapphire Crown is so popular in the market. Imagine how much profit you will get if you cooperate with us.”

“Sounds tempting, Sunny-ah. But, is Chrysalis Village not enough for you, huh?”

Chaewon’s eyes narrowed when she heard Chrysalis Village being mentioned. Instantly her boredom replaced with interest.

“More than enough.” Miss Lee laughed and sat back in her chair. “After this, I will expand the market of the Chrysalis Village concept to Europe.”

Chaewon snorted and shook her head. So this is the reason why her cousin gladly accepted the punishment from her dad. Once again, Evangeline Kim is going to be a dirty player who has two roles at the same time. An Architect for Supernova and Architecture 11.

“Give me some discount for a complex in the European market and we will be even.”

Miss Lee grinned at the offer. “Deal.”

“Thank you, Sweetheart. Let me know when our lawyer can meet, I will arrange my schedule and see you.”

“It’s a pleasure working with you, Kim Heechul-ssi. Have a good day,” Miss Lee laughed with amusement before finishing the conversation.

“Is that Casey Kim?” Hyewon asked curiously.

Miss Lee nodded.

“Is it always that easy every time you offer a business contract?” Hyewon asked curiously. She remembered the first time they worked together with Miss Lee, how the woman just talked casually to them. Hyewon thought it was because they were newcomers in the industry and she wanted to make them not too nervous, but as what happened earlier, Miss Lee just did the same thing to Casey Kim, CEO of Symphony, the largest electronic company in South Korea.

“Not all the time,” Miss Lee shrugged. “It’s just that he’s my longtime friend. And he also likes games and happens to be one of the Crowners, so why not ask him to help us? This is win-win for Symphony and Sapphire.” Miss Lee gulped down the beer in her hand. “All right, Kim Taeyeon will hold a concert at Madison Square Garden this weekend so I’ll be in New York until next week. But you can contact me anytime and tell me anything about Sapphire Crown. Have a nice day, Kids,” said Miss Lee as she stood up from her chair and looked at them with a smile, which they bowed at her in return.

She left the meeting room and letting Yena release a sigh of relief.

“I didn’t expect her to finish the meeting this quickly.” Yena pulled the sleeve of her shirt to look at the watch. “Only half an hour and she managed to open a new business at the same time. Brilliant!”

“Money and Sunny Lee are best friend. She knows how to get them, manage them, and she would lies down in her apartment all day long with her pets and the money would keep flowing to her account.” Hyewon chuckled but stopped when she saw her phone vibrating on the table. She immediately picked it up when she saw Yujin’s name plastered there.

“What’s that, Unnie?” Chaewon leaned over and looked at a coin in Yena’s palm. “You kept playing it since earlier.”

“I found it in my pocket.” Yena reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out three other coins. “Probably belong to the previous occupant of my room at the hotel and was accidentally put in my jacket pocket by the housekeeper. I hope this is not something valuable for the owner.”

Chaewon nodded and back to focus on her laptop, letting Yena playing the coins in her hand and observed the engraving on each side. She frowned when she realized the symbols engraved there looked quite familiar. Yena pulled her shirt sleeve back and removed her watch. She looked at the mark on her wrist and brought one side of the coin closer to her wrist. She gasped when she saw one of the coin carved a mark that was the same as hers.

An Earth symbol.

 

***

 

Gimpo Airport, Gimpo

Wednesday, September 17th, 2025

“Have they met?” Sakura’s fingers traced the edge of the cup before reaching for the handle to sip the honey tea that was still warm. Her face looked serious waiting for an answer from someone who contacted her.

“Yes, they have met.”

“How was Yujin’s reaction? Any screaming, crying, nor hugging Wonyoung?”

“No, Miss An did nothing. She carried the meeting as usual after the introduction of new talents but the both were not involved in any conversation during the meeting.”

Sakura frowned at the information. Yujin was calm and that was beyond her expectations. Knowing Yujin’s traits, she thought Yujin would scream and run to hug Wonyoung. Or at least cry to see the younger girl’s appearance, or even leave the meeting and look for The Elder or Delta Team in Gallia to ask for an explanation. Anything but calm. This Yujin is not Yujin that she used to know.

“But Miss Jang invited Miss An to speak in private after the meeting was over. I don’t know what they were talking about but Miss Jang looked nervous and serious when talking with Miss An.”

“And Yujin? What did she do?”

“She did nothing, Miss Miyawaki. Miss An looked calm and she listened to everything Miss Jang said. After that, they rejoined the others at the Secretariat of College Council.”

Sakura took a deep breath and wet her lower lip. Her eyes caught Chaeyeon who had just entered the café. She raised a hand to give a signal to Chaeyeon about her whereabouts. Chaeyeon saw her and walked to her table.

“Do you know where The Leaders are? Since earlier I could not contact them.”

“I think Miss Lee and Miss Kwon are still with The Elder because this morning I saw their car in Gallia.”

“Okay, just continue your work. Call me if anything happens.” Sakura disconnected and put her phone on the table. “Have you had lunch?” she asked Chaeyeon who only ordered snacks and drinks.

Chaeyeon nodded and leaned her back on the sofa.

“Have you eaten yet?” Chaeyeon asked back, but still staring to her phone screen.

Sakura sighed. “You think I can eat peacefully in this situation? The Elder let Wonyoung come back to Seoul and meet Yujin, and that means Wonyoung will also meet The Pillars. Can you imagine what would happen if they knew that Wonyoung was still alive?”

“Kang Hyewon and Choi Yena will beat me up, even Yujin will probably do the same thing. I deserve their wrath over the lies I did,” Chaeyeon answered calmly.

“You weren’t really lying,” Sakura brushed aside quickly. “And you did it for their sake.”

“Yes, but I stayed silent and never tell them about Wonyoung’s state. I chose to stay with my lover and be on The Elder’s side. It makes no difference. They must feel betrayed by their own team, by me.”

Chaeyeon turned to stare at the glass wall. She could see the crowd of reporters and fans who shouted the name of an Idol who had just returned from her tour. It usually happens at the airport. Chaeyeon smiled and shook her head at the moment their eyes meet. The Idol's warm gaze and cheeky smile that Chaeyeon used to know for a long time still lingering on her face. Chaeyeon refrained herself from returning the idol's hand that waved to her and looked away. Instead, she grabbed the cup of coffee in front of her and took a sip. Her gaze returned to Sakura who was seen contacting someone. From her gestures, Chaeyeon knew that the older girl was trying to contact her girlfriend.

“Do you trust your girlfriend?” Chaeyeon’s question so suddenly made Sakura reflexively turn off the connection.

“I love her.”

This time Chaeyeon laughed. “You did not answer my question, Miss Miyawaki. Until when will you continue to avoid this topic? Are you really afraid about the truth behind the lies?”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying.” Sakura looked at Chaeyeon nervously. She tried to maintain a cold expression on her face but her gesture betrayed her. Her fingers were obviously trembled, and Sakura quickly put them on her lap to avoid Chaeyeon’s eyes.

“Why do we live like this?” Chaeyeon smiled sadly. “I’m trying to understand what’s really happening and I think my mind is too naive to understand.”

“We are different, Chaeyeon-ah. We were gifted and it is in line to the responsibilities we have.”

“Responsibility?” Chaeyeon snorted at that. “If you want to talk about responsibility, then how about we talk about that night?”

Sakura stared at Chaeyeon. “What do you mean?”

“I always felt that that night happened because of the intervention of The Elder,” Chaeyeon sighed. “The Elder wanted them dead so they let the Necromancers sneak out to Astreaia and forbid us −Omega Team from leaving Gallia, they forbid us to help our own teammates. I, no, we- ALL. OF. US saw the sign that Wonie sent that night. They needed our help but we ignored them because The Elder ordered us to. You- The Delta Team are the ones who should thank The Pillar because if it wasn’t for them, we would have lost Wonyoung in Astreaia. They have suffered enough because we told them that Wonyoung died, and The Elders made it worse by blaming them for Wonyoung’s death. If Wonyoung didn’t have two stones at that time, I’m sure she would have died. Now, can you call us- yourself being responsible?”

Sakura massaged the side of her head, feeling the headache coming. “Well, then who is it?”

Chaeyeon’s eyes narrowed at Sakura’s question.

“You can’t sneak out to Astreaia by yourself, Chae. Who went with you that night?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter