Chapter 49 (Mine)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arch-11 Square, Chrysalis Village

Friday, November 14th, 2025

“Can I not join the meeting this afternoon?” Sooyoung pushed her slender body between Sunny and Chaeyeon. She smiled at Chaeyeon before whimpering because Sunny had smacked her arm.

“Yah! What made you hit me?” With a scowl on her face, she rubbed her aching arm.

“Can't you see that Chaeyeon and I are talking?” Sunny gave the girl a warning look. Without waiting for Sooyoung's answer, she continued to scold her. “We will have a meeting with Cherry Rose. Jungeun will come with her team-”

“Jungeun-ah, you can meet with our team without me, right?” Sooyoung asked Jungeun, who was still discussing with Sohye. The younger girl lifted her face with a flustered expression, not paying attention to what was happening around her.

“Does Miyawaki Sakura need Sunny and me for the afternoon meeting?”

Jungeun exchanged glances with Chaeyeon before returning her attention to Sooyoung.

“She's still in Osaka, so this afternoon it's just me and my team.”

“See…” Sooyoung smiled winningly at Sunny. “Miyawaki Sakura isn't here. Let them have their discussion without us, and- Aww!” Sooyoung covered her forehead when a hard flick from Sunny landed on her forehead.

“At the very least, you stay in Sapphire because I have to go to Ellas this afternoon to check on my artist's concert preparations. It's unprofessional for either of us to be absent from Sapphire.”

“However, Sapphire is yours in the eyes of the law. I'm just your biggest supporter.” Sooyoung gave her reasons.

“You’re right. Sapphire is mine and you have to be there because you are my biggest supporter.” Sunny gripped her phone with one eyebrow arched. “You know I'm supposed to be in Atlanta for Taetae's concert, which I canceled for you. Should I skip the Chrysalis Grand Opening next week because the law says you own Architecture 11, and I am only your biggest supporter?”

Sooyoung took a deep breath because, for the umpteenth time, Sunny managed to silence her.

“Fine! I'll stay at Sapphire until the meeting with Cherry Rose ends.” Sooyoung pursed her lips. She looked back at Jungeun and smiled when she realized Jungeun was paying attention to their conversation. “But, Jungeun-ah... Please, make it simple. I have to pick up my girlfriend at the airport this evening.”

“Just ask Yoong to pick her up.” Sunny spoke in a casual tone. “She kept asking me to play with her because she wasn't doing anything else. She will agree to fetch her up.”

“You entrusted my darling to her? Yoongie?! Are you crazy?!” Sooyoung looked at Sunny, flustered. “She's the older version of Kim Doyeon.” Sooyoung pointed at Doyeon. “She's going to make fun of my baby, and-”

“Just say that if you're afraid Yoong will influence her into getting married soon.” Sunny laughed. “At least Yoong and Dodo dare to propose to their girlfriends. Unlike you.” Sunny gave Sooyoung a smirk.

“I thought you two were dating.” One of Doyeon's eyebrows rose to hear Sunny and Sooyoung's conversation.

“We have a lover but not dating each other. Yoojungie didn't tell you?” Sooyoung asked to make sure.

“Yoojung know who your lover is?” Sooyoung nodded in response to Doyeon's question. “Ahhh… Yoojung is uninterested in discussing other people's relationships. Even though I met Eden Kim every time I visited Yoojung in New York, she never told me she was Jungeun's fiancée.”

“You didn't know they were engaged?!” Sunny and Sooyoung both asked at the same time, making Jungeun frown.

“Unnies, did Jiwoo ever tell you-” Jungeun was unable to complete her question because Sooyoung had already nodded.

“She gave me your portfolio when I said I was looking for someone to join this project.” Sooyoung tried to recall her encounter with Jiwoo from several years ago. “Actually, Jiwoo only told me that her fiancé had the portfolio I needed, but she gave me Renata Cho and Clara Kim's portfolios. She said that they had worked with her when she was building her studio and home in Seville. She doesn't want me to be biased and pick you because I know Jiwoo. But I still asked for your portfolio because I'm not the one who will be the judge, so Jiwoo didn't have to feel bad. After all, Renata Cho was still busy with her company, and I wanted Clara Kim to join the Sapphire project.

“Then how come you never told me?”

“I thought it would make you uncomfortable.” Sooyoung laughed when she saw Jungeun's reaction. “You did an excellent job, Jungie. I wish I could properly thank Jiwoo for providing me with your portfolio. That was the only thing she did that didn't make me suffer. She only brought me headaches after that.”

Sooyoung's words made Chaeyeon giggle. She could imagine how annoying Jiwoo would be to have their boss say that.

“What is she doing, Unnie?” Sohye asked curiously.

“If it's easy for me to get a partnership contract with your brother, it's the opposite with Jiwoo. It was difficult to make a deal with her. It was much more difficult to meet Jiwoo because she enjoys traveling and is a nomad, so I can't contact her directly.” Sunny responded. “Until now, she has been a free agent, and any partnership with her must always go through her lawyer.”

“As of now, only Jiwoo hasn't recorded the song because she hasn't decided who will sing it. But she promised me last week that she would—wait!” This time, an incoming message diverts Sooyoung's attention. She took out her phone to read the message. After a while, she grinned and looked through her phone for a name.

“Good day, Miss Jeong. Could you draft a contract for Eden Kim's song?” When she heard a voice on the other end, Sooyoung couldn't help but smile. “Eden Kim just told me some great news. An Yujin will sing her new song! Yeah, that Yujin. An Heeyeon's little sister. The once-in-a-blue-moon channel owner.”

Chaeyeon, Jungeun, and Sohye all turned to gaze at Doyeon after hearing what Sooyoung stated. They discovered the girl triumphantly beaming, as expected.

“Didn't I tell you Eden Kim and Eugene An are going to have a big deal?”

 

***

 

Victory Group, Incheon

Friday, November 14th, 2025

“The event will be held next Thursday. Can you go to that event for me?” Jang Gyuri turned to face the young lady who was reading the invitation.

“Not a problem as long as the event begins at night.” Wonyoung gave her sister a slight smile. “Do you intend to attend these two events?” Wonyoung held up two envelopes carrying fashion event invitations.

Gyuri frowned as she saw the invitation.

“It's too boring for me, and I don't like mingling and talking about fashion or other political nonsense. I don't want to waste my money on that.”

“Can I come then? Officially, as a Victory representative.” Wonyoung studied her sister, trying to decipher her gesture. “Daddy will be upset if you always ignore these invitations. You need me as a shield to protect you, so you can ignore this type of dinner and get back to work on your boring project. I guarantee you that I'll bring the money for Victory and provide you with another source of income.”

Gyuri frowned before laughing at Wonyoung's words.

“Are you serious about your proposal?” Wonyoung nodded in response to Gyuri's question. “I thought you'd be stuck with the gallery and the charity foundation.”

“I'll do it anyway. But, I'm not going to throw away what I've learned. Why should I pursue a double major if it will just be used after my name? It's pointless, and I don't have the heart to leave you to handle the Victory Group on your own.”

“Elizabeth Victoria Jang,” Wonyoung grunted in response to Gyuri's inquisitive gaze. “Do you have any sort of hidden agenda?”

“Isn't my offer appealing to you?”

“How come you ignored my question, Sis? You're so sus.”

Wonyoung frowned in response to Gyuri's statement.

“Yes, I do have a hidden agenda, and I want you to support me.”

“You need my help? What do I get if I back you up?”

“You haven't heard my offer yet, but you demanded a reward first? Is this how you do your business?” Wonyoung frowned.

“That's how I do business, and it's how Victory got so big,” Gyuri smirked smugly, which Wonyoung couldn't argue. What Gyuri said was a fact she couldn't deny.

“If that's the case, can my happiness and peace be your reward?”

Wonyoung swears she saw the shift in Gyuri's expression for a split second. The older girl's smile faded, and her expression became solemn.

“How should I give my support?” Gyuri asked softly.

“Give me UniThiev ID.”

Gyuri chuckled at the request. “It's easy. But you should take responsibility for our company, and there will be the official announcement about you as Victory heiress.”

“Okay, but with one condition,” Wonyoung accepted without hesitation. She grinned as she noticed Gyuri's attentiveness to her. “I am free to decide on my project without your intervention.”

“Of course, I'm not going to interfere. I'm aware that the projects you desire are the ones I don't want to work on. I'll delegate everything to you.” Gyuri stretches out a hand to ruffle Wonyoung's hair. “Are there any others?”

“Could you please get the case report on Baek Jiheon's kidnapping several years ago? I heard that Saerom Unnie is in charge of the investigation.”

Gyuri did not respond right away this time. The girl stared at her sister as if she was thinking about something. Wonyoung sighed seeing the doubt on Gyuri's face.

“I'm in a relationship with Yujin Unnie.” Gyuri's jaw clenched when she heard Wonyoung's confession. “That means, I bond to her. Before you pass judgment on our relationship, I'd like to point out that it has nothing to do with giftedness. I feel loved and at ease with her, and I don't recall ever feeling this way before. She is perfect for me.” Wonyoung explained as if understanding what was bothering Gyuri’s mind. “I love her, and Yujin Unnie has the same feelings for me. We're mutual, and it's not business, Unnie. Nobody forced me to bond with her, and no on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter