Chapter 37 (iinimuL aelaC)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sapphire Corp., Seoul

Monday, November 3rd, 2025

(Kim) Chaewon frowned as she entered the room where all teams usually gather. The lounge used to be full of bustle. But, now looks quiet even though Chaeyoung, Heejin, Hyunjin, Yerim, and Hyeju were working next to each other. Next to her, (Park) Chaewon seemed unconcerned and took her usual seat.

“Why has the meeting been postponed? Where are the others?”

“We were too busy with another meeting. You just come from UniThiev, the same as us who returned from a meeting with Lyra Academy. Yena Unnie and Hyewon Unnie don't seem to have finished their meeting outside.” Heejin looked out the window. It's been raining for hours. The color of the sky was still misty without any sign of the sun. The drizzle scattered on the window pane.

“What about our boss?” Not seeing the pair who usually gather in the lounge made (Park) Chaewon ask where the two were.

“I heard from their secretary, this morning they had an important meeting at Chrysalis. They've back to Sapphire after lunch but, it seems like they still have a meeting with someone,” Chaeyoung pointed up at the meeting room. The mahogany door was still tightly closed the red light flashed beside the panel, signaling that the room was being used. She took a chair beside (Park) Chaewon and opened her laptop, preparing to resume her task.

“We released the last series of Sapphire last week, and they will have the Grand Opening of Chrysalis Village. Not including the group and soloist comebacks that they have in their respective agency. On the other hand, the Fallen Angel is currently running on Sapphire. It looks like money will follow them. They are inseparable.” (Kim) Chaewon responded with the facts. She took a seat between Chaeyoung and (Park) Chaewon and handed Hyeju the tablet, signaling the younger girl to check the notes of the meeting this morning.

“Sometimes, I forget that our bosses have a lot of playgrounds.” Heejin averted her gaze from the laptop screen. “From the news portal, I found out that they are also preparing the Butterfly Project for the European market and are collaborating with so many big names.”

Hearing that information, Chaeyoung turned to (Park) Chaewon, “isn't your ex part of the Butterfly Project?”

(Park) Chaewon nodded.

“Seojeongie will help their project, but I don't know to what extent she will interference. We never talk about work when we meet. I think not much different when she helps us manage Sapphire in the European market.” She replied with a calm tone while enjoying the mint choco ice cream in front of her. From the way she explained, they were sure she had a good relationship with her ex.

“I often see you guys together at company events, but at that time, I thought you were close just because you attended the same school. I have no clue if you guys ever dated.” Heejin looked at (Park) Chaewon with pursed lips. (Park) Chaewon knew it was a form of complaint. Heejin had never acted like that before. She understood Heejin must still be annoyed with how she hid her relationship with Yerim.

“Hyunjin knows, and she didn't tell you, huh?” (Park) Chaewon's eyes are now on Hyunjin. She pointed at Hyunjin with a tiny spoon in her hand. “Even though she was born at the same year as us. She was a senior in high school. We dated in high school but separated when she moved to Tokyo. Hyunjin was the one who became our matchmaker and-”

“Wait! First, I never gossiping you behind your back. Besides, I didn't do that. The phone number accident- It was a misunderstanding.” Hyunjin quickly denied it. “At the time, I thought she asked for your number when she said, 'can you give me Park's number?'. But it turned out not to be you, but your cousin. I forgot Lee Seojeong was a senior, and your cousin was my neighbor.”

“Who?” (Park) Chaewon narrowed her eyes. This was the first time she knew the reason why Hyunjin gave Seojeong her phone number.

“The other Park who dated a blue-chip, Alicia Kim.”

“That Oppa was Hyeju's fishing buddy.” (Park) Chaewon pointed at Hyeju. “But as far as I know, they were not dating, Hyun. They are close because they graduated from the same school and hang out in the same circle. It will be big news if they dated.”

“Who are you talking about?” Yerim asked with knitted eyebrows. The curiosity of the girl who had been silent and watched the conversation was now rising. She turned to Hyeju. “You know him, Babe?”

“William Park and Alicia Kim.” Hyeju smiled softly.

Hyeju never adores the public displays of affections, but at the moment, Hyeju's hand rose to ruffle Yerim's hair. She took Yerim's shoulder in her arms, pulled her closer to placed a soft kiss on Yerim's temple. She seems to understand her girlfriend's concern and insecurity. Considering that Yerim already fidgeted in her seat when they are talking about Chaewon's ex-girlfriend, Yerim feels more uncomfortable when Hyeju's name is also associated with someone who gets the buddy label from Chaewon.

“We used to fish with them in Bermuda. You remember?” Hyeju explained gently. “They were the bunch of dorks who dances crazily on the Dessert song.”

“Ahhhhh… I remember them! The 99 squads! Their 'doowap dowari' dance was hilarious! Another level of craziness.” Yerim looks ecstatic. She took turns looking at (Kim) Chaewon, Heejin, and Hyunjin. “Your cousins were there too, Unnies.”

(Kim) Chaewon turned to (Park) Chaewon. She leaned over and grabbed the spoon in (Park) Chaewon's hand. “Now I have my doubts. They were not fishing. Aren't they there to look for the heirloom? After hearing what you said this afternoon, I can't help and suspect everyone.”

(Park) Chaewon chuckled and let (Kim) Chaewon steal the ice cream. Although she doesn't want to admit it, after what happened last week, their relationship is getting closer, and both of them seem comfortable with each other.

“I feel bad for you. Yerimie and Hyeju don't like mint choco. You should hang out with me more often. I think we have similar taste in many ways.” (Kim) Chaewon is now shifting her chair to get closer to (Park) Chaewon.

“Is that a date invitation? Did you forget that you already have a lover?” (Park) Chaewon's one eyebrow raised before she snorted, feeling what she just heard was nothing more than bull. “Heejin and Hyunjin are mint choco team, Bub. I can go with them.”

“Being a third-wheeling is , Chae.” (Kim) Chaewon pouted. But her eyebrows rose and fell teasing the girl next to her.

“Fallen Angels keep you guys together. What do you usually do when you are together? Did you guys do that mutually?”

Since finding out about her relationship with Yerim and Hyeju, (Kim) Chaewon didn't stop bothering her and asking lots of questions. (Park) Chaewon hissed in annoyance. A sighed escape from her lips.

“Why are you so slow? I'm in the Eternal Line. Yerim is bonded to me and Hyeju. But, I'm not bonded to Hyeju. Go study and don't make me more upset because I have to explain a lot of things to you. You're so annoying now.”

(Kim) Chaewon scowled at (Park) Chaewon's words. Even so, the mischievous smile did not disappear from her face. The sparks in her brown eyes look determinant. An expression that she rarely shows and makes (Park) Chaewon laugh. She pushes (Kim) Chaewon's cheek because the other girl is too close to her. Even so, her hand reached out subconsciously to wipe the remaining ice cream at the corner of (Kim) Chaewon's lips. She didn't realize that the unusual gesture was getting the attention of their colleagues in the lounge.

“I would have thought you were lovers if I didn't know who you were dating.” Hyunjin's words made the Chaewons raise their fists at the girl.

(Kim) Chaewon tried hard to hide her smile as her eyes glanced at Yerim and Hyeju. Yerim looks so clingy pressing into Hyeju. She hid her face in the crook of Hyeju's neck, trying to avoid looking at them. As for Hyeju, the girl looked at them with one eyebrow raised as if asking for an explanation. (Kim) Chaewon shrugged nonchalantly and spooned the mint choco ice cream into . Now, she's officially taking over (Park) Chaewon's ice cream.

“You should know that Chaewonie being a in the middle of the meeting. I'm not surprised, but still I feel impressed.” (Kim) Chaewon deliberately nudged the certain girl with her elbow while telling the story of the meeting this morning. “She issued so many rules and left Son Juyeon and Lee Luda speechless with her presentation. I wouldn't be surprised if they backing out for sponsoring Fallen Angels.”

“I can imagine.” Chaeyoung laughed at the story. “I know how it feels, Chae. Nothing mediocre in Park Chaewon's behavior. I always get headaches every time I've had a meeting with her.”

“Yah! Why are you guys talking about me as if I wasn't here?”

(Park) Chaewon stood up from her seat, walking towards the corner of the lounge, where they kept the mini pantry. Approached Heejin and Hyunjin who still making tea for them. But only a few steps, she stopped and frowned at the change in Heejin's expressions. She turned around, following the gazes on the side of the glass wall, where the meeting room door opened.

The three girls in semi-formal style came out of the meeting room and walked past the lounge. The two taller girls walked out first and were discussing something important. While the shortest girl is walking at the back, seen talking to someone on her phone.

“Oh, she's here. Been a long since I saw her.”

(Park) Chaewon turned her head back when she heard Heejin's muttering. The girl's gaze was unreadable. There are too many emotions that Heejin shows in her eyes. It makes (Park) Chaewon unable to discover what dominates the most.

“Solie Unnie!!”

An animated voice sounded across the hall. Jinsol stop in her tracks, turned her body towards the voice calling her. She hung up the phone as she saw someone approaching her. Jinsol's laughs can be heard as a tiny body jumped into her, hugging her tightly.

“Oh my God! I miss you!!” The tiny girl wrapped her arms around Jinsol's neck and adorably kissed her cheek. She looks childish at the age of a quarter-century. “I'm sorry, I couldn't visit you while you were in the hospital.” She pursed her lips with puppy eyes.

Jinsol chuckled and hugged the tiny body back. She cupped the girl's face and played with her plump cheeks like a plushie.

“Don't worry, Yoojungie. It's okay, I'm alive.” Jinsol replied quietly and let the girl take her hand. “What are you doing here?”

“I need to be here because you're here.” Yoojung smiled meaningfully when she saw Jinsol flinched at her answer. “Sooyoung Unnie- I mean CHOI Sooyoung Unnie,” this time Jinsol laughed as the girl confirmed who she was referring to, “she asked me to help her in one of her artist comebacks so-”

“HEEJIN UNNIE!! YAH!! CHOI YERIM!! SON HYEJU!!” Another passionate shout cut off Yoojung's words. They turned towards the direction of the voice and found a tall girl standing near the lounge door waving her hand at Yerim and Hyeju. With an animated expression, she jogged at Heejin and gave her a big hug and kisses.

Jinsol and Yoojung exchanged glances before Yoojung smiled and released her grip on Jinsol.

“I'm sorry, Unnie. But I need to kick Jeon Somi's before she's making another trouble here.” Yoojung tiptoed to kiss Jinsol's cheek before waving her hand. “I'll call you later, Unnie. Bye.”

Yoojung walked into the lounge and waved her hand at those she knew before stepping closer to Heejin and Hyunjin. She smiled as Hyunjin engulfed her tiny body in the tight hug.

“Long time no see, Unnie.” Hyunjin smiled at the girl. “I didn't think you would come here.”

“I miss you, Hyunjin.” Yoojung smiled while swinging her hand which was in Hyunjin's grip. “I hope you didn't forget that long legs Unnie in the meeting room still my cousin and be the reason why I am here.” She giggled with her eye smile. “Let's us catch up after I give Somi some lesson.”

Hyunjin laughed understandingly about what Yoojung meant. She nodded and let Yoojung go on her way.

“You promised me you wouldn't get into trouble if I let you drive me here, and you already shouting like a madness.” Yoojung hit the back of the taller girl who was still hugging Heejin.

Somi let go of her hug and looked at Heejin with pursed lips. “Heejin Unnie, look! She hit me even though I was already her driver and brought her here. This Unnie is annoying. She keeps bothering me.” Somi complained about Yoojung to Heejin.

Heejin just laughed and bowed to Yoojung. “I'm sorry if Somi troubled you. You can beat her if she goes too far.”

“Unnie~” Somi showed a betrayed look seeing how Heejin was on Yoojung's side. “You should have protected me!!”

They seemed lost in the conversation and didn't care about their surroundings. They didn't notice the pair of eyes that had been staring at them with a meaningful smile. She just nodded when her eyes met (Park) Chaewon's before stood up and walked out into her office.

She keeps staring at her phone, considering contacting someone who is now running through her head. Choi Yoojung wasn't supposed to be here. Didn't Doyeon say last weekend that the girl was going to Japan? And more than that, for some reason, her mind kept intriguing at the butterfly and swan tattoos on the wrists of the certain girls she had seen earlier. Those tattoos reminded her of the tattoos that Yerim and Hyeju had. Could it be that the girls had a similar bond?

Her attention was distracted when she heard a knock on the door and (Park) Chaewon's head poked out behind the door.

“Can we talk?”

“We've talked too much today, Chae. But, I'm okay. Just go on.”

(Park) Chaewon sneaked into (Kim) Chaewon's office and sat on the couch. “What you just saw isn't what you should be thinking about.”

“How can I not think about it if I can see the thread of what just happened in front of my eyes?” (Kim) Chaewon smiled at how the other girl seemed to be biting her lower lip nervously. “You're right, doing a deal with you will give me a lot of advantages. At least now I can see the marks on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter