Chapter 3 (Longing)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supernova Group, Seoul

Tuesday, July 15th, 2025

“Good luck with your concert, Yuri-ah. Call me when you already back to Seoul, okay?” Minjoo said to her phone while her eyes met with the receptionist‘s who stared at her in awe. She nodded slightly to her before stepped into the elevator. She pressed the number 11, the floor of her lover’s office room at.

The secretary who was working in front of the room nodded and greeted her when she saw Minjoo who greeted her back.

“Is she still in the meeting room?” Minjoo asked.

“No, the meeting finished an hour ago. She’s inside.”

Minjoo smiled and thanked her. She knocked the door, she can hear her lover’s voice inside so she opened the door and slipped in. She closed the door quietly behind her back and stared at a girl who was standing, looking outside the window, while talking on the phone.

The girl turned her body so Minjoo now stared at her side profile. She frowned at the sight of the girl holding her upper stomach. She also noticed the girl’s hair now turned into reddish brown. Minjoo perfectly remembered the last time she saw the girl, she had black hair.

At certain times, Minjoo knows that the girl always change her hair color, back to the same color she had five year ago. She knows the reason she did it, but it still makes her letting out a sigh. Not to mention the uncomfortable feeling that haunted her since five years ago.

“There is no problem, everything works as usual. During this time she has helped me solve many problems in the company. She even returned to Seoul to arrange several contracts. She’s always there for me, Dad. She just doesn’t want to be involved in meetings and decision making. Unnie doesn’t want it. I can still do it myself. You can’t force her. She already has her own life and being the heir isn’t what she wants.”

Hearing her lover’s voice began to sound upset, Minjoo put her bag and the paper bag on the table before approaching the girl and giving her a back-hug.

“I miss you, Chaewon Unnie,” Minjoo whispered while kissing her lover's cheek. Hearing that familiar voice, Chaewon automatically smiled. She let Minjoo’s face buried on her neck while continuing the conversation with her father. She deliberately let Minjoo keep hugging her, obviously enjoying the scent of lily and mint from her lover. Less than a minute, the conversation ended. Chaewon turned and put her hand behind Minjoo’s neck, pulling her closer.

“I miss you too, Minjoo-ya.” Chaewon rubbed her nose against Minjoo before stealing a kiss on Minjoo's lips. She tightened her arms and buried her face on Minjoo’s shoulder.

For a moment, they stayed in the position, relieved to see each other again after one week they can’t meet due to Minjoo had to finish shooting her drama in Rome. Just arrived at Seoul, Chaewon was the first person Minjoo met upon her return.

“Did you sleep well? You don’t skip your meal, right, Unnie?" Minjoo cupped her palm on Chaewon’s face, watching her carefully. She frowned at what she saw but Chaewon's smile held her back to scold the older girl.

“You told my secretary to prepare lunch and dinner for me everyday when you weren’t here, how could I skip my meals, huh?” Chaewon answered with amuse grin.

Minjoo looked down and brought her face closer to Chaewon. She kissed her lips. Not once or twice but many times. The younger girl’s body is taller plus her nature as a warrior makes Minjoo keeping Chaewon in her arms easily. Chaewon groaned in amused, trying to escape herself from Minjoo’s arms when the younger girl showered her with kisses.

“Yah! Stop!” Chaewon squealed in a muffled voice. Even so she buried her face on Minjoo’s shoulder and let the girl strengthen her arms around her tiny waist even more.

Minjoo grinned at Chaewon’s acts.

“I brought dinner for you.” Minjoo took off her arms but still played Chaewon’s fingers in her grasps.

Chaewon tilted her head at the paper bag, noticing the logo of their favorite restaurant. On her way to Chaewon’s office, Minjoo making a quick stop to the restaurant. Minjoo remembered when Chaewon whined cutely when the restaurant temporarily closed due to renovation. When she saw the restaurant just opened again, of course she had to go and buy food for Chaewon.

Chaewon murmured something, making Minjoo looked at her. Minjoo saw Chaewon was glancing at the laptop on the table. She shook her head and pulled Chaewon to the sofa.

“You can continue your work after dinner. I'll accompany you.” Her hands moved to take out the contents of the paper bag. Chaewon did not argue and helped prepare the cutlery.

“I heard from Yuri that you had lunch with Yena Unnie today.”

Chaewon shrugged her shoulders with a thin smile. “Just the usual, during lunch we talked about work. We are going to release the last series of Sapphire Crown this October, the Sapphire Tree – or Sapphire Terra, we still haven’t reach an agreement with the name.”

“Wow! Just last week you released the third series, Sapphire Clouds, and are now preparing to release the next series? Are you really going to release all the series this year?” Minjoo looks enthusiastic. “I’m so proud of you, Hyewon Unnie, and Yena Unnie. I still remember how you were in the spotlight after Sapphire Crown exploded in the market early last year. Until now, the Sapphire Crown still has the high ranks among the gamers.”

“We have a great music director slash business analyst, a goddess as CF model, and an amazing OST singer. Of course, Sapphire Crown doing great on the market,” Chaewon grinned before a frown appeared on her forehead. “Our conversation was fun before An Yujin made Yena Unnie upset."

“You met Yujin?” asked Minjoo, confused. As she recalled, for almost three weeks, the youngest between them left Seoul without news.

“No, they talked through a video call and the brat still managed to upsetting her unnies.”

“What did she do this time? Has she returned to Seoul yet?”

Chaewon shook her head. “Not yet, and that’s also the reason why Yena Unnie was upset at her. Yujin said that she is currently at Bagan, Myanmar and she didn’t tell us when she will return. The whole video call basically was Yujin asked Yena Unnie to ask permission to her father so that Yujin could take a time off from her college.”

“What?? Was she gone crazy?” Minjoo frowned at Chaewon’s words. “I’ll talk to Uncle An so he won’t give her permission.”

Chaewon grinned at the furious Minjoo. “Now that brat managed to upsetting two of her unnies even when she’s not in Korea. She said that she wanted to prepare a movie for her final project next year.”

“And it had to be done in Myanmar, without her telling any of us?” Minjoo snorted at that. “Project my .. I’m so done with her bull,” she added. An Yujin, that cousin of her always know how to makes them annoyed.

“Minjoo-ya, language." Chaewon warned and shook her head at Minjoo's words.

Minjoo took a deep breath, clearly still annoyed. “Sorry, Unnie. But really, you have to stop spoil her or she will keep doing everything as much as she wants.

“Hey, what do you mean I’m spoiling her? I never do that.”

“Unnie, you are the only one Yujin would listen to, but you never scold her. You are always on her side, letting her do anything she wants, and you never rebuke her,” said Minjoo, glaring at the older girl. But the next second, her eyes turned sad. “I’m worried about her, Unnie. Yujin always go and disappear without telling us. I don’t want the incident from two years ago to happen again. You remember it was happened because of her project, right?”

“Shush, calm down, she will be fine,” Chaewon cupped Minjoo’s face and planted a quick kiss on her, hoping it would make the frown on Minjoo’s face disappear because she didn’t like it. “If something bad gonna happen to her, I’ll get a sign so don’t worry too much, okay?”

“But-”

“Minjoo-ya, you perfectly know that we can’t force her to listen if she doesn’t want to. You know she still needs time to heal herself, just like the rest of us, right?” Chaewon continued, her hands went Minjoo’s and held it gently. “Yujin always disappears when the summer holiday comes, just like Yena Unnie who never touches sandwich for breakfast anymore, Hyewon Unnie who avoids hug, and-”

“-you who never eat mint chocolate ice cream anymore, and it’s your favorite,” Minjoo sighed, leaning towards Chaewon and caressed her cheeks. “I know, you guys still need time. I don’t know how long it would be but, yes, I understand, Unnie.”

Minjoo stared at the brown orbs in front of her, perfectly knowing how it keeps so many secrets. It’s locked up and unreadable, but Minjoo has all the keys to read it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter