Chapter 15 (Caim)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, Kim's Residence

Friday, October 17th, 2025

Minjoo sighed as she came out from the bathroom to find Chaewon sitting leaning against the headboard with a tablet in her hands. The older looked seriously staring at the screen. Minjoo admitted that Chaewon in her working mode was so adorable and attractive, especially with those wrinkles on her forehead and the pouting lips that resemble Yena. Minjoo could enjoy Chaewon only when she visited the older girl at Supernova and Sapphire, or when she stayed and waited for Chaewon as she worked in her office room at their apartment. But seeing the working Chaewon in their bedroom, especially on weekends, was one thing that upset Minjoo. The bedroom was the place for them to rest, cuddle, focus on each other, and maybe, well, make love. Anything that is not related to work. And weekend was the only time that she could spend her time with Chaewon, so if there was nothing important, Minjoo would use their time to the fullest and didn’t want to leave Chaewon alone.

Since the two of them decided to live together shortly after Chaewon graduated three years ago, they had talked a lot about the unwritten rules in their apartment and not bringing work into the bedroom was one of the rules they had agreed upon from the start. And this morning, for the umpteenth time, Chaewon broke the rules.

Minjoo never directly protested or forbade the older girl. Chaewon was mature enough to commit to all the rules without the need for her to warn and instead, Minjoo would show protest by being cold and ignoring Chaewon’s whereabouts until the older girl realized that she had made a mistake. At other times, Minjoo would come out of their bedroom and sleep in the guest room and Chaewon would follow her and sleep cuddling her all night.

This time Minjoo chose to let Chaewon keep working. Even so, she deliberately sat in front of the dressing table and the hairdryer to dry her damp hair. Usually, she would do it in the bathroom, but seeing Chaewon violating their rules for the umpteenth time makes Minjoo deliberately make a scene to disturb Chaewon.

But Minjoo forgot that Chaewon has the ability to concentrate in every situation. She is able to do many things at the same time and ignoring the sound of a hairdryer in their bedroom is not a difficult thing to do.

Minjoo took a deep breath when her hair had dried and realized Chaewon was not bothered at all. She turned off the hairdryer and walked to the bed. Still in her bathrobe, she climbed into bed and crawled toward Chaewon. And Kim Chaewon, as if understanding what Minjoo was thinking, she opened her hand and gently pulled Minjoo’s body to move closer to her. Minjoo leaned her head against Chaewon's chest and Chaewon smiled at Minjoo’s antics. She let Minjoo snuggle to her.

“I’m sorry to break the rules, but please give me a minute to check the last file, hmm? I have to send it to Heejin before lunch,” Chaewon said as she looked down to kiss Minjoo’s forehead and caressed the younger girl’s head.

Getting treated like that, of course, Minjoo forgot her annoyance and could not hide her smile. She nodded and buried her face in Chaewon’s neck, kissing her. Once again, Kim Chaewon did not look disturbed and continued her work.

“Who drove Wonyoung to college? Hyewon Unnie or Yena Unnie?”

“Yujinie.”

Chaewon’s answer surprised Minjoo. “Yujin drove her alone?”

“Hmm...” Chaewon murmured while Minjoo’s head. She can catch her lover’s worries and for a moment she averted her eyes from the screen. “Yujin asked for it. We would never force Yujin to do that if she doesn’t want to.”

“Will they be okay?” asked Minjoo, worried about Yujin. When she found out that Wonyoung didn’t remember Yujin, she knew it would hurt her cousin. Yujin didn’t even show up when they gathered in their apartment the day after Wonyoung came back to their life. Minjoo simply understood that her cousin needed time to manage her feelings and hearing Chaewon’s answer worried her.

“If you see how Yujin is so calm, I don’t think it’s a problem. She joined lunch and dinner with Wonyoung a few days ago and she looked fine. I think she has resolved the conflict with herself, accepted the fact, and moved on. Hyewon Unnie and Yena Unnie also said the same thing. She’s strong enough to face up to Wonyoung. After all, they used to be best friends. Soul sister. I’m sure everything's gonna be alright for them.”

Minjoo nodded, but the worried look was still evident on her face. “It’s good if it’s like that. If Wonyoung still can’t remember Yujin, at least they can start over from the beginning. I think it would be better if Yujin and Wonyoung spent a lot of time together.”

Chaewon nodded and refocused her eyes on the screen while Minjoo kept hugging her and giving her a kiss on her neck.

“I miss Chaewonie.”

Chaewon smiled at Minjoo’s murmur. She ducked her head to give a kiss to Minjoo. There was a bit of guilt in her heart when Minjoo said that. She remembered how busy she was at Supernova and Sapphire when Minjoo had just finished filming her drama and movie. Not to mention that Wonyoung's returning to their lives makes both of them spend more time with the others. They lost a lot of the quality time they used to do.

“I miss you too, Babe.” Chaewon’s voice sounded shaky. Minjoo didn’t want to make Chaewon feel guilty so she moved to point out the symbols on the merchandise that Chaewon was checking.

“Is that a symbol of The Pillar?” She grabbed Chaewon’s wrist and noticed the mark on Chaewon’s wrist. “No, it’s not the same symbol as yours.”

“I can’t put that symbol on the Sapphire Crown, Dear.” Chaewon chuckled and caressed Minjoo’s cheek with her fingers.

“Do all Pillars have the same symbol as yours?”

Chaewon frowned at Minjoo’s question. Seeing the confusion on Minjoo’s face reminded her of their conversation at Turchese. She immediately sent the file she had revised to Heejin and put her tablet on the nightstand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter