Chapter 12 (Silence)

Violet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, An's Residence

Wednesday, September 17th, 2025

“Can’t you just let me sleep longer?” Yujin groaned as she turned to face the wall, one of her hand pulled the blanket to her body, the other hand holding the phone on her ears.

“You promised me you will come and lead the meeting this afternoon.”

“I didn’t say that. I said I would come later this evening, Jiheon-ah. It’s not even 8 AM yet. I checked my schedule and Professor Jung wasn’t able to attend his class this morning. I’m free until tomorrow.” Yujin groaned in annoyance.

“Fine, but I want you to meet the new talents who will join the annual festival and discuss our project after lunch.”

“Can’t they just meet you? You are the Student College President.”

But it won’t be Jiheon if she didn’t keep on pushing Yujin.

“This is not the attitude I want from you. You’re a senior and the one I’ll introduce are juniors. As senior, at least give a good example for them. You are the leader of the annual festival, the leader who will be responsible of all the performers, and I know you don’t want to have your reputation to be ruined because of your own laziness to lift your off your bed.”

Yujin groaned and lifted her body lazily. It won’t be Jiheon if she didn’t manage to hit the right spot that was her weakness. Yujin doesn’t like it if people doubting her credibility, especially when they underestimated her just because of the rumors that have been developing around college.

“I hate you, Baek Jiheon. Don’t you know if I just returned in the middle of night huh?” Yujin narrowed her eyes when she heard the sound of movement outside. Quietly sighed aware of who was behind the door of the room.

“That’s your own fault to take part in a, what, bikini party? Did you get lots of y photos, hmm?” A noisy sound was heard behind Jiheon’s voice. “Anyway, I’m expecting to see you at the Secretariat of College Council after lunch. Bye, Yujin.”

Yujin stared at her phone with sleepy eyes. She wanted to go back to her sleep, but the voices outside her room forced her to get out of her bed and drag her foot out of the room.

“Morning,” Yujin greeted the first person she saw in the living room. She kissed the girl’s forehead with both hands moving around the tiny waist, hugging the girl tightly.

“Have a good sleep?” The girl in her arms gently rubbed Yujin’s back.

Yujin let go of her arms and shook the head. Her hand raised to rub her eyes. Exactly looking like a kid who was forced to get up early.

“The evil witch woke me up and told me to come to the college council today.” Yujin sighed with an annoyed expression. “You and Minjoo Unnie didn’t help either. What did you do this morning in my apartment, huh?”

In front of Yujin, Chaewon laughed at the younger girl’s grumbling. She reached out her hand to smooth Yujin’s messy hair.

“We came to bring you breakfast.” Chaewon smirked. She grabbed Yujin’s wrist and took her to the dining room.

“Morning, Joojoo Unnie.” Yujin lazily hugged Minjoo and kissed the girl’s head. She leaned forward while Minjoo handed her a glass of warm milk. “Thank you, Unnie.”

Yujin sat in front of Chaewon and grabbed a bowl of hot porridge. She smiled broadly when she smelled her favorite porridge.

“You must be forcing Chaewon Unnie to come here to make sure I would go to my class,” Yujin said after her first spoon of the porridge. At least the porridge was good.

“You know me so well, Cous,” Minjoo responded casually while biting the toast in her hand.

“I promise I’ll go to the classes properly and graduate on time. I’m not going to be like you and Yuri Unnie.” Yujin clicked her tongue to mock Minjoo.

“Yah! We could not finish college on time because of work.” Minjoo defended herself and made Yujin laugh.

“Sorry Unnie, but I’m just stating the facts,” Yujin grinned, making Minjoo really want to throw her chopsticks at her cousin’s face. “To be honest, until this day I still can’t believe that Sapphire Troika did a good job with finishing their studies one year earlier than most students in general. Maybe indeed they are The Pillar. The chosen one. The guardians. The best combination of healer and warrior. The best of the best in our world.”

Chaewon’s hand movements stopped hearing Yujin’s words. She can feel another meaning hidden behind those words, but for now she chose to ignore it and calmly responded to Yujin.

“If being The Pillar is making us special, it have to be applied to you too. But the fact is you live your college life normally. You even almost got kicked out of college.”

Yujin snorted but did not fight back. She enjoyed the porridge in front of her without complain.

“Hyewon Unnie and Yena Unnie will return later this afternoon and they invite us to get dinner together.” Chaewon’s eyes looked at Yujin, trying to catch a small gesture that might be missed if she blinked.

But Yujin did not show any rejection. Instead, she nodded and raised her head with a faint smile.

“Just tell me when and where we should meet. I will come,” Yujin answered before returning to enjoy the food. Not aware of the eyes of Minjoo and Chaewon who were staring at her with frowns on their foreheads.

 

***

 

Sapphire Corp., Osaka

Wednesday, September 17th, 2025

“What about the surveys and events that you did last week?” Hyewon’s gaze was fixed on the purple-haired girl who was still standing in front of the room presenting the final series marketing plan from Sapphire Crown.

“They are really excited and can’t wait for the last series, Unnie. From the results of monitoring and observing that Hyejoo and I have done, Sapphire Crown has always been a trending topic, especially on Wednesdays and Saturdays, at the time when we always invite Crowners to participate in small events that we do on social media. In addition, Sapphire Crown trends every time other game companies releases their latest games because the gamers will compare them to our game. We will continue to hold events on social media until the last series comes out.”

“Oww… Our Yerimie and Hyejoo did a good job.” Hyewon smiled broadly and signaled Yerim to sit down.

“Okay, for this month we will remain to focus on our original plan. Hyunjin will start inviting some gamers to do a tryout with this game and you, Heejin,” Hyewon’s gaze shifted to the girl sitting next to her, “You will start on the design for the merchandise. Tomorrow I will inform you what merchandise we will release so you can start working on the design.”

“Are you going to have a meeting with Miss Lee?” Heejin asked curiously, for a moment her attention was diverted from the screen of the tablet.

“Yeah,” Yena nodded. “After this meeting, I and Hyewon will return to Seoul. Miss Lee asked us to meet to discuss our game progress before dinner.”

“Is Miss Lee in Seoul?” asked Yerim, which got a nod from Yena and Hyewon.

“I heard from the news that she will start a new business in Seoul. Is that true, Unnie?” Hyunjin tilted her head to look at their two leaders.

“They said it’s something related to tourism and development. Will she build a new resort?” Yerim murmured. “Will she leave us after Sapphire Crown completing all the series?”

“I heard that one too,” Yena grinned at the worried looks in front of her. “You don’t need to worry, she won’t leave us just because the Sapphire Crown has finished all the series. We still have a chance to start a new game.”

“Now get back to work, me and Yena will head straight to the airport.” Hyewon tidied up her belongings.

The others nodded and one by one they left the meeting room, except-

“Where is Chaewonie?” Heejin asked with a serious expression.

“Didn’t you say that she was doing research in Tokyo?” Yena asked confused.

“That’s Park Chaewon, I asked where Kim Chaewon is? Why isn’t she coming? Is she alright?”

“She had an important meeting this afternoon at Supernova and her father needed her,” Hyewon answered before hanging a backpack on her shoulder. “Take it easy, she will join us for the meeting with Miss Lee.”

Hyewon hugged Heejin before rushing out of the meeting room.

“Rest for today. You will be so busy after the meeting with Miss Lee is over, Jeon.” Yena patted Heejin’s back and gave her a quick hug. “See you tomorrow,” she said before catching up with Hyewon.

 

***

 

Supernova Group, Seoul

Wednesday, September 17th, 2025

Yujin is not a Pillar, just an ordinary gifted child with invincible as her ability. Yujin is an ordinary gifted child with invincible ability and has been used as a camouflage to hide the last Pillar. Yujin is The Ruler of Earth while Wonyoung is The Pillar of Earth. Wonyoung is The Ruler of Earth and Yujin is The Pillar with special abilities, and we can’t find Yujin until now because her privileges still functioning because she still has to look after The Ruler, which is Wonyoung probably still alive.

 

Chaewon mindlessly tapped the pen on the tablet, thinking about the four notes she wrote there.

“If no. 1 is true, Yujin’s abilities was too special for an ordinary gifted child. She was born as a pure-blood warrior and Earth-bender, she can do teleport, martial-arts, and she is also a hyperpoliglot with musical abilities above average. She’s a genius but also a lazy . At this point, no. 2 is more reasonable.” Chaewon bit the tip of her thumb while staring at the writing on the tablet screen. “But Yujin has the same mark as me on her wrist, and that means Yujin either a Ruler or one of The Pillar.”

Chaewon circled the numbers 3 and 4 still with frown on her forehead. These past few days she has been checking her notes that she hasn’t touched for so long, trying to analyze everything and figuring out the answer, but Chaewon still hasn’t gotten it.

“If Yujin still able using her invisible ability, it means…” Chaewon shook her head. “No, no, think of another reason, Kim Chaewon. Don’t think about something that is beyond your capacity. If Wonyoung was still alive, she should be near The Pillar. At least there should be The Pillar to look after her.”

Chaewon stared at the notes. “If Yujin really has that ability because it has the same elements as The Ruler, isn’t it supposed to be gone when The Ruler died? I think I’ve read it in one of the ancient books in Asclepia. The Pillar will lost their sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter