Empty

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura’s POV
I went to school earlier than my usual routine. While walking in, the other boys from both upper and lower class greeted me. I snob them though, I don’t need to waste my energy to greet them back. It’s not like I’m required to do it if they did. With all of that greeting, I reached my shoe locker and changed my shoes to an indoor one and entered the classroom, expecting Chaeyeon will already be seated on her seat. To my surprise, she wasn’t. I glance at the clock and there still 40 minutes left before class. Maybe I’m too early.

 

 

I sat on my seat and hang my bag beside my table. Minutes passed, the other students are already on their own seat, except for Chaeyeon. My eyes are going back and forth on the clock and at the door to check Chaeyeon.

 

 

But to my disappointment, there was no Ms. Genius or Lee Chaeyeon coming. The chimed has already rung but Chaeyeon is still not yet here. 


 

 

 

“Good morning class!” our homeroom teacher entered. She noticed that Chaeyeon is not beside me. Lee Chaeyeon moves your faster, you’re already late. “Does anyone know where Chaeyeon is?” she asked


 

 

I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes. Heck, as if someone will answer her. She knew that Chaeyeon is getting bullied in this school and they view her as a loser. Then she will ask them? How dumb, don’t you think?

 

 

“Anyone?” the students remained silent. DAMN, ask one more time and I’ll throw you the bandages Chaeyeon used all this time 

 

“Okay…? Anyway, So today there will be no class for the fifth and sixth subject so you can go home early” then she dismissed the class, hurrying to get outside

 

 

The students didn’t even care or ask why they just were glad and shouting in joy to get home earlier. The others are making some plans after class. Going there, hanging out here. I don’t care too though, the pace of our lessons is really slow so I don’t mind having no classes for fifth and sixth periods.

 

 

The second chime rang and only ten minutes left before the first class. But the genius  Chaeyeon is not yet here.

 

 

“Is she sick?” I asked myself 

 

 

I looked over Chaeyeon’s seat beside me. I missed seeing her baffled reaction whenever I’m giving her my meaningless look before class. It somehow really feels empty without her.


 

*------*

 

Yesterday, I waited for Chaeyeon until fourth class. But, even in the fourth class, there was no sign of Lee Chaeyeon. She didn’t come for a whole day. I didn’t expect that from her. Is she really sick? I went again to school really early. Met with full of greetings from boys and I still ignored them. I changed my shoes and went to class, hoping Chaeyeon will already be here.

 

 

“Chaeyeon!” I called even before entering the classroom 

 

 

But no one yet is here except for the thin air. My heart feels empty again. I don’t know why, but since yesterday I’m dying to see her. I can’t even wait to sun the rise up again, however, she is not here again today. 

 

 

Those confused reactions from her. Her stuttering speech. Her head keeps looking down on the tip of her shoes. Her smile. I miss seeing it all. I missed her presence beside me.

 

 

With a big heavy sigh came from me, I sat on my own seat and glance at the clock. 

 

 

7:45 

 

 

30 minutes left before the homeroom will start. I will really kick your if you don’t come to today Chaeyeon. I’m suffering here to take all of the notes for you just in case it will be requirements to pass it before the test and I even bought two packs of loose leaf, ready for all the lesson that was needed to be noted. Now that I think about it, do I even need to? Since you are known as genius do you even need these notes?

 

 

Yeah, great Miyawaki Sakura. You are really great talking by yourself.

 

 

But still, I will take it for you.


 

 

 

7:55

 

 

 

 

8:10 


 

 

I can’t help myself but stay alert at the door to see a sign of her and keep glancing at the clock. 5 minutes left. Ms. Genius why are you not yet here? I’m serious about kicking your if you’re going to be absent again today.


 

 

 

 

“Hey!” suddenly someone popped out like a mushroom in front of me. I gave him a short glare, giving him the warning to back off. I ignored him by taking out all of my things needed to be prepared before my classes.

 

 

“Woah, don’t be such a snob,” he said with a smile
I gave him another look, asking if he has an IMPORTANT business with me 

 

“Anyway, I’m Park Jisung,” he said and took out his right hand, waiting for my hand to give him a handshake
“K.” I answered and went back to my own business

 

 

He got embarrassed and put his right hand back on his pocket. I thought he is going to stop bothering me after I showed that I don’t have any interest to him but he just continued speaking.

 

 

“It’s nice to see you Sakura. I was absent when you transferred. Let me just tell you I’m the president here. Please take care of me” he bowed. I didn’t give him an answer. I have my big and steady walls surrounding around me, trying to protect me from uninvited people. Well, except for Chaeyeon. When it comes to her, all of these walls suddenly cracking and falling down 

 

“Are you waiting for someone?” he asked
“So what?” I blurted out, annoyed for his attention
“I mean, I noticed that you keep glancing on the clock and at the door” he pulled out the empty seat of Chaeyeon and sat on it with his cross legs “Tell me who is it?” he grins “Are you waiting for your lover?” he asked jokingly

 

“Whatever. Now get out of my face and don’t sit on Chaeyeon’s chair”
“Woah, I didn’t know that you cared for that loser” he gave me a surprised look “I don’t remember that someone is taking care for that loser nerd” he added
“She is not a loser” I defended 
“Yes, she is. Don’t you know she is known as a punching bag here?” he chuckled 

 

“What did you say?” I put my voice in a monotone. How can he laugh when he knew that someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter