Church Bell

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 month and 5 days
 

Chaeyeon’s POV
 

I’m in the Pet center right now where I can adopt dogs or cats. I didn’t talk about it to Sakura because I want to surprise her by bringing her here. But, all I received is an earful of nag from Dr. Kang because she didn’t agree about Sakura going out of that damn hospital.
 
 

 

Oh god… 
 
 

 

 

I called to the center earlier because it’s written that I need to book a schedule to them so they can tour me. I don’t know what I should get if a dog or cat? I want a dog though because I’m a dog person.
 
 
 

 

 

“Excuse me,” I said to the staff in the front the desk, “I’m Lee Chaeyeon, I’m here to adopt” 
She looked at me with a smile, “Yes, I received your call this morning” she stood up from her seat and shake my hand, “Please follow me the pets are on the back” 
I followed behind her. We entered a huge garden at the back of the center. It looks like this is the playground of the dogs and cats. 
 
 
 

 

 

“Thank you for coming here, Ms. Lee. I’m thankful to you that you want to adopt instead to shop” she bowed at me
“Nope, it’s my pleasure. I’m happy to adopt these babies” I said
“Please take a look around and tell me if someone grabs your attention” 
I nodded
 
 

 

 

I walked around the garden, the dogs are following me around and sniffing. Maybe because it’s their first time seeing me.
 
 

 

 

A brown poodle grabs my attention. She keeps standing up and leaning on my leg. I made sure that she is comfortable with me before I picked her up. She is so soft and it looks like she is smiling at me. I think she likes me and I like her too. 
 
 

 

 

I went to the staff with the poodle in my arms. She asked me if I want this dog. I nodded.
 
 

 

 

But seriously, I don’t know if Sakura wants a cat or dog? What if she didn’t like the poodle because she is a cat person? 
 
 

 

 

“Can I take a look at cats too?” I asked the vet
“Sure!” 
 
 

 

 

She opened another door and we entered a huge room with packed of cats. There are lots of breeds.
 
 

 

 

“It’s their playtime right now so they are here” she explained
 

 

 

As soon as I entered the room, one cat caught my attention. It’s a quiet cat and she is just sitting in the corner while playing her mouse stuffed toy. It somehow reminds me of Sakura. 
 
 

 

 

I walked to that cat and the other cats are looking at my movements quietly. I tiptoed in the corner and sat quietly beside the cat. He didn’t mind me and keep playing with his toy.
 
 

 

 

I carefully pat her body and finally, he looked at me. He tilted his head and meowed. He suddenly jumped into my lap and looked for a comfortable place to take a nap.
 
 

 

 

“It’s amazing how animals can easily be comfortable around you,” the vet said
“They don’t get close easily to the people?”
 “Of course not”
 
 

 

 

I smiled and pat the ginger-colored cat. I decided to adopt both of them. It took a long process to adopt but I didn’t mind as long as I can make them happy and I can make Sakura happy. It’s like we are building a family for us. 
 
 

 

 

“What do you want to name them?” the vet asked
“I won’t name them yet. I want to name them with my girlfriend” I answered
“Sure. Here are their records and go back here after a week so I can give the other shots they need”
 

 

 

I took the records from her and went to the parking lot. Nako is going to the hospital too so I hitched a ride from her.
 
 

 

 

Her eyes sparkled when she saw the dog and cat in the basket. I put them so Sakura will think that I brought fruits. Soon we reached the hospital and I covered them with a white cloth before entering Sakura’s room.
 
 
 

 

 

 

“Sakura~” I called
“CHAEYEON!” she almost jumped out of her bed when she saw me entering her room. She hastily pulled the dextrose and hugged me, “I missed you” she said
“I missed you too” I hugged back using my left hand
“Were you busy for a week?”
 “Yes, I’m sorry. School works were packed” I explained “Anyway,” I leaned back, “We have babies now! Just like your wish on your bucket lists”
Her faced dropped, “What…”
 

 

 

Okay, that’s not the reaction that I was expecting because I thought she will be happy. 
 
 

 

 

“You know that we are still students! How can we take care of children when I can’t even take care of myself” she shouted “Where are the children!?” she asked
 
 

 

 

“ARF! ARF!” 
 
 

 

 

The cloth covering the basket fell and the dog jumped on her bed. Shocked and excitement was written in Sakura’s face. She gently pats the dog and she bowed too like a dog.

 

"A-a dog?" she look at me ridiculously

"W-wait don't tell me you're thinking of real babies?"

"I AM"
"Wha--" I just nodded sideways, “Notice him too,” I said putting the cat on her lap
 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT’S A CAT” she hurriedly gave me the dog and picked up the cat “How old are they” 
“He is one-year o—“
“Never mind AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HE IS SOOOOOO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter