Let you go

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hi before you read the last chapter please read my last message at the end. Thank you! Now Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person’s POV
Sakura was rushed to the emergency room. When they reached there Dr. Kang is already on stand-by. 
 
 

 

 

“Chaeyeon you can’t come in” Dr. Kang stopped her outside. Hitomi pulled her back and let Dr. Kang run to Sakura.
 
 
 

 

 

She is slowly getting out of her vision as the door sliding in front of her. As if she is already being taken away from her.
 
 

 

 

“I… I thought we have 24 days left..” Chaeyeon slumped on the floor and cry. HItomi tries to calm the girl and get her up to sit on the bench.
 
 

 

 

“That’s right you still have few days left, so just trust Sakura I know she is going to fight this” Hitomi pats her back, “You know that she loves you so much that nothing will stop her from coming back to you right?” hoping she can make Chaeyeon at a little ease. Because anytime Hitomi knew she will be in an insane state too.
 
 

 

 

For her, Sakura is a sweet girl since a child. She may be just a maid in their house but Sakura always treats her and Nako as big sisters. They love how she is so cheerful and matured despite her condition at a young age. 
 
 

 

 

Chaeyeon suddenly stood up from her seat, “I…I just need some air”
 “Alright”
 
 

 

 

Hitomi watched Chaeyeon as she walked away. Of course, she wants to follow her and comfort her friend but she thinks she needs some time to organize her feelings alone for now.
 
 

 

Chaeyeon went to the garden at the back of the hospital. She and Sakura always here whenever the girl wants some fresh air. They will just buy some canned drinks and Chaeyeon will tell a lot of stories on what’s happening to school. One time they had a deep topic that made Chaeyeon cried. That was the first time Sakura is the one who opened a topic:
 
 

 

 

“My heart suddenly stops beating yesterday” Sakura started
“That’s impossible” Chaeyeon laugh, “If it happened I’m sure Dr. Kang will call me immediately”

 

 

She knew it was just a joke as usual and this time she won’t fall for it
 

 

 

“No it’s true” Sakura held her hand, “I told Dr. Kang to not tell you” 
“But—“
“Let me speak first. I’m not going to tell you this because I know you’ll be worried and overprotective but Chaeyeon”
“W-what…” 
 

 

“Just in case I’m gone unexpectedly just think that I’m in a safer place, okay?” Sakura held her hand tighter, “You promised me, you won’t be sad or either cry” 
 

 

 

Chaeyeon started crying she still remembers that she promised all of that but now she thinks it’s impossible to not, “How..”
“Chaeyeon” she caressed her face, “I will try to fight this, you know that I want to stay with you until we’re old” 
 
 
 

 

 

 

Hours and hours passed Chaeyeon can’t get his feet to go back inside. She hasn’t heard anything from Hitomi. 
 
 

 

 

The sky is bright as ever as if something good will happen. Good for picnic, good to spend your time with your family and especially their honeymoon. 
 
 

 

 

Chaeyeon watched the people passing by her. To her, they all look the same. Even though there are smiles on their faces, she can’t help but feel dull.
 
 

 

 

“Chaeyeon…” someone called her. She saw Sakura’s mom standing, still wearing her white coat with a nameplate.
 
 

 

 

“How’s Sakura?” 
 
 
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 25
Graduation Day
Chaeyeon’s POV
 

Everyone is preparing for graduation. We all waited to stand on the stage for three years. Each of us turning on checking ourselves in the mirror. To see if our make-up is fine or the ribbon is neat.
 
 

 

 

We are all excited at the same time nervous. After this day that means we are going to walk on our paths and will begin another chapter of our life. Who knows maybe some of us may cross paths in the future.
 
 

 

 

“CHAEEYEEEOOON” Jisung suddenly came to hug me but quickly I pushed him away
“Why the heck are you hugging my unnie?” Jisung received another push from Wonyoung
“Ohh~ someone is jelly” Chaewon teased while Yujin just chuckled beside her
“I’M NOT,” Wonyoung said, “But unnie is mine” she stuck out her tongue to Jisung
 
 

 

 

We all just laughed. Sometimes I forget Wonyoung may be the same year as us but she is younger than the three of us. By the way, all of us are going to the same university but we all have different courses. 
 
 

 

 

“YAH, YAH” our adviser get all of our attention, “The graduation will start soon, let’s go and fall in line outside” our adviser smiled, “Make sure you’ll always be careful and follow your dreams”
 
 

 

 

Maybe at first all of us in the class are not getting along, but as time passed, more school events that we are all together. We grew fond of each other. All of the happy memories and sad memories will always be in my heart, tightly secured in a jar.
 
 
 

 

 

Our adviser guided as to the gymnasium, all of the other 4 sections are here. We are 1st to enter so all of us kept quiet and waited for the cue of the song.
 
 

 

 

When the song played, the door opened. First, our adviser walked and one by one we walked in the middle of the gymnasium with the parents watching us on the side.
 
 

 

 

I sighed, how I wish my mother is here. I want her to show that her only daughter will be graduating and going to one of the top universities in Korea. Even though you are not here, Mom you are proud of me, aren’t you?
 
 

 

 

The ceremony started, the principal gave a long, boring speech before we all get to the stage. After a long wait, it’s my turn to get my certificate as a graduate student.
 
 

 

 

“Lee Chaeyeon” as soon as I called my name I took a deep breath and proudly answered, “YES”
 
 

 

 

I walked to the middle of the stage. Just like we practiced, I need to grab the certificate from the left hand then next will be right hand. Step one step backward, fold it in half then bow to the principal. I slowly walked down the stage and bowed to all of the teachers who taught us and lead us until now.
 
 

 

 

I can’t believe I’m already graduated. Recalling, those past 3 years. All I received was a bully and tease from my classmates. However, half of my year during 3rd year changed when Sakura came to my life. She changed how I view the world, she helped to make friends and how to express my feelings.
 
 

 

 

 

Sakura… Miyawaki Sakura… Lee Sakura…
 
 

 

 

 

A little smile form to my lips as I remember her cute face and how she acts like a fool when she is playing a game. 
 
 

 

 

Since her last name is Miyawaki she is behind my row. I think 8 more students and it’s her turn to go to the stage. 
 
 

 

 

“Miyawaki Sakura” 
 

 

 

 

“YES” I answered 
 
 

 

 

I rose from my seat and once again walked to the stage. In Sakura’s place, I received her certificate as a graduate student. 
 
 

 

 

This is her last wish before she died.
 
 

 

 

Sakura didn’t make it. She lost the fight. But I don’t blame her that she didn’t fulfill her promise. At least now she can’t be in pain anymore and I guess she is playing a lot of games above without me stopping her.
 
 

 

 

How I miss her. Her scent. Her smile. Her eyes. Her lips. Her hands. Every inch and sight of her, I miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter