The time I have left

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon’s POV
 

I was woken up by the bright sunlight after Sakura opened the curtains. Sakura is already wearing her uniform. 

 

 

“You’re late. It’s 7:00 now” then she left the room
Right, I forgot to turn on the alarm clock. Gosh, my eyes hurt. Did I bawl my eyes until I fell asleep? I was waiting for Sakura last night, when did she come.

 

 

I lazily picked up my uniform from the cabinet and changed to it before Sakura could nag me because I’m slow. I sling my bag behind me and walked downstairs.

 

 

“Oh, Chaeyeon you’re awake. Let’s eat you have some time left” mom said
“Yes,” I sat on the dining table and ate my breakfast. Why Sakura isn’t coming where is she? “Where is Sakura mom?” 
“Sakura didn’t tell you she will leave early today?”
“Huh?”
“Sakura just left now she said she has to meet someone” 
 

 

I nodded. Who does she need to meet? Is she close to someone in the school other than me? But she always refused to talk someone though. After eating my breakfast I get going to school. I walked than my usual pace just in case I can catch up with Sakura. But, unfortunately, I didn’t. I changed my shoes in the shoe locker and went to my classroom.

 

 

“What’s up with you? Are you hurt?”
“Nope. I think this will be the dead end”

 

 

I saw Jisung and Sakura talking alone in the classroom. I didn’t have the urge to enter when I saw both of them. Jisung sitting on my seat while Sakura is resting her chin on her right hand while looking at him. 

 

 

“So what are your plans now?” he asked
“I will ignore her and move on?”
“Why?”
“Something you mustn’t know” she answered
“C-Chaeyeon…” Jisung noticed me and hurriedly rose up from my seat. I entered the room and Sakura didn’t even look at me “I’ll get going Sakura I forgot the teacher asked for my help”
“Okay.”

 

 

It’s still early so we are the only one who is here after Jisung left. What’s up with this cold air?

 

 

“Good morning,” I said
“Good morning” did I do something wrong last night? Why she seems so cold to me

 

 

Wait… Don’t tell me she knew that I’m awake last night and she was waiting for me to respond. And now she is upset because I didn’t say a word to her.

 

 

“Hey Sakura” I called but she didn’t respond, “Sakura?”
“What?” It’s been a long time since I saw that bored look and heard her monotone voice
“Did something happened? You didn’t even wait for me today”
“So what?” she said, “I can leave home alone if I want to” 
“Your mom told me you need to talk to someone. Who did you talk?”
“As you saw a while ago, I need to talk to Jisung okay? Now be quiet” she went back fixing her notes and files

 

 

It feels like I’m being ignored today and I hate it. I should have told her that I like her too last night. Damn, why I didn’t have the courage to?

 

 

Most of the students are already arriving and talking with their friends. While I’m still being ignored by Sakura, I tried talking to her but she is always giving me a short answer or quickly shut down the topic.

 

 

“ATTENTION STUDENTS! Your first period will be canceled because of the emergency meeting of the faculties. AGAIN, your first period will be canceled because of the emergency meeting of the faculties.”

 

 

That means our first period will become free time. Should I go to the library and read books instead.

 

 

“Sakura, let’s go out” suddenly Jisung popped out somewhere
“Where?”
“I’ll treat you some cheese hotdogs”
“Really? Let’s go!” Sakura picked up her bag but I pulled her wrist, “What?”
“You forgot”
“What?”
“I said you forgot”
“Chaeyeon, let go of my hand” she shakes off my hand and Jisung just gave me a ‘sorry’ look then they maybe went to the cafeteria to buy their foods

 

 

She forgot. She forgot about her promise. Sakura promised me she won’t go out with Jisung again. But I guess it’s my fault for being a coward. It’s not that hard to fall for Jisung. He is a golden spoon. He is tall and handsome. He can protect Sakura too. He can even straightforward about his feelings.

 

 

*----------------*
 
 

 

I woke up by some noises coming from the bathroom. I opened my phone and checked the time.

 

 

5:30 a.m.

 

 

It’s still early. What is Sakura doing at this hour? I got up from the bed to knocked and asked her but like a snap of fingers, she got out of it.

 

 

“G-good morning” I greeted
“Good morning” she greeted back

 

 

Sakura is already wearing her uniform. Some strands of her hair are wet due to the shower. She arranged her books and put each of them in her backpack.

 

 

“It’s still early,” I said
“I know” that monotone voice again
“Are you leaving this early?” I asked
“Yes”
“I’ll just change let’s go together”

 

 

I know at this time is still closed but I don’t care. If Sakura is leaving the house I’m leaving too.

 

 

“Chaeyeon just sleep, I know you are following your schedule strictly” she faced to me, “You still have 1 hour left before you morning call”
“I’ll change it for today. Sakura it’s dangerous out there. It’s still early and the school is still close”
“I know”
“Then I’ll cha---“
“But I can protect myself” she was about to open the door when I closed it quickly 
“Sakura—“
“Chaeyeon let me have some space, will you? So what if it’s dangerous why are you going to protect me?” there’s a hint of annoyance from her voice
“Ye—“
“Wow! You are going to protect me when you can’t even protect yourself” she snapped. Sakura intentionally bumped on me and left the room. 

 

 

She is right. How can I protect her when I can’t even protect myself. I always go to school with new bruises or scars. Who am I fooling?

 

 

I ran downstairs and followed her, “Sakura”
 

She didn’t look at me, “What?” she is still up with that monotone voice
“I like—I mean… Are you ignoring me?”
 

She finally faced me and looking through my soul with her bored look, “I am. Happy?” she left the house while I went back to her room with a shock.

 

 

I looked out of the window and saw her standing outside. Minutes passed someone came and it’s Jisung. They left together probably, going to school or should I say date?

 

 

Sakura is ignoring me. Why? Even if she is ignoring me why should she have to be with Jisung? What the he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter