Trust

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura’s POV
 

I’m already finished changing my clothes then I forgot that our school doesn’t allow to wear private clothes when entering or else they won’t allow you even you brought your student ID. I was about to punch because of frustration but stopped myself. I’m sure mama will hear it and will ask many questions about what’s wrong. I hurriedly threw my clothes away somewhere in my room and changed to my uniform. 

 

 

I ran downstairs without taking my bag it’s not like I needed it anyway. I saw mom is still in the kitchen, washing dishes.

 

 

“Mom, I’m going!” I shouted and ran to the door
“ To where!?”
“I will follow Chaeyeon in school!” I hailed a taxi and asked the driver to bring me to my school

 

 

I looked at the time and it’s been 20 minutes now since that picture was sent to me. I can’t put myself in one place inside the taxi. I keep changing my seating positions or will let out a deep breath.

 

 

It seems like the driver noticed it and asked me if I’m in a hurry. I told him I was. He told me to put on the seatbelt and he will press the pedal and find a short cut. I did what told him and he began speeding up. It didn’t even take us 5 minutes to get to school. I paid him double but he insisted it’s not needed. I just thanked him and ran inside. I don’t have time to push and pull.

 

 

Now that I think about it… I don’t know where the heck is that empty room. I know I’m already studying here for one week but I'm not yet familiar in this big school. I don’t have any choice but to waste time and asked the information desk the school has. It’s an information desk but I guess the school council runs it.

 

 

“May I ask where is the room called ‘empty room’?” I asked the student
“Yes. I’m warning you to not go there because there’s a lot of ghosts ---“
I slammed the desk and glared at her, “Do you think I have ing time to listen on your damn ghost stories?” I said coldly. I keep my voice low as possible, not wanting to cause any problem now
 

 

The fear was written all over her. I don’t see her in the same grade so I guess she is my junior. She bowed her and answered my question, “It’s on the fourth floor”
Still, I have respect so I thanked her

 

 

I ran to the elevator and there’s a paper written ‘IN MAINTENANCE’ WHY ALL OF THE TIMES!? It’s on the fourth floor… What if… I sighed. I don’t have any choice but to run, huh? 

 

 

Without wasting any seconds, I took my first step and ran as quickly as possible. I need to save Chaeyeon that’s all I have in my mind now.

 

 

I reached the fourth floor and catch my breath. I looked around, everything looks creepy. It’s so dark and the  unusable things for school are clattered. Now, where is the empty room? I slowly walked in the dark hallway. And that’s it! My heart tightened. My breathing became rigid again but this time not because I ran too much. It’s because of the hole in this damn weak heart. I leaned on the wall to support myself, no one can help me right now. I’m the one who should help my angel but I’m wasting the precious time just to get back my heart in normal beating again. 

 

 

 

I heard a scratching sound a little far away from me. My heart suddenly became normal again when the image of Chaeyeon tied on the chair flashed in my mind. Without the fear for my heart and life, I confidently walked to that room and kicked the door to have a grand entrance.

 

 

“YAH! WHAT THE DO YOU NEED?!” I shouted and took one step forward. Wow, this scene… It’s somehow the same scene when I was a rebellious daughter and keep picking a fight against other gangs.

 

 

My eyes caught Chaeyeon who is still tied in the chair. I don’t know what is she telling to me with that look but she is scared, “Sakura…”

 

 

“We are the one who hurt her,” Wonyoung said and crossed her arms

 

 

Yujin called for my attention, “Sakura look, this is my present for you” Yujin walked behind her and the next thing I knew is that she hit Chaeyeon on her head. I was about to charge myself on her but I helped myself, it’s not the right time to attack. I clenched my fist to transfer all of my anger there. 
Chaeyeon’s blood keeps flowing on her head and my heart hurts like hell. It feels like there are thousands of sharp things stabbing on it. She mouthed something and I understood it, she told me to run but I shook my head and send her a signal that I’m going to save her. She asked me to ran again but I ignore her.

 

 

“So now Sakura let me explain the mechanics” Chaewon pulled my attention from her, “If you win against us we will stop bothering Chaeyeon” 
“What do you think?” Wonyoung asked
“I’ll accept your challenge” 

 

 

Wonyoung took the bat leaning on the table. Yujin and Chaewon lined up beside Wonyoung. Chaewon took out something from her blazer pocket. It’s a Swiss knife. I was taken back a little when I saw that thing. 

“Sakura, r-run n-now”

 

 

I ignored her again and gave them a sly smile. You may be scared of this kind of things. Fearing for your own life. But I guess I’m not anymore, I’m sure I’m going to die anyway so why not save my angel.

 

 

“Bring it on,” I said

 

 

Wonyoung attacked me with her bat but I dodged it. She is too slow so I can see all of her next moves. I took the chance and shove Wonyoung by kicking her on the back. She groaned in pain. But I don’t care. Then I stomped on her chest twice. This is not enough for what she did to Chaeyeon. Yujin saw that sight and I think it made her really upset. Looks like I awaken the tiger, huh? “YAH!” she ran to me but again I dodged her attack. I tried to punch her but she is flexes is faster than what I expected. She attacked me with her wood and I was hit.
 

 

“.” I heard her cursed under her breath. It hurts. I’m used to fighting but my body is not used to be hurt. I’m too weak physically because of my condition.

 

 

I took a deep breath and ran to Yujin, I wrapped her hands around Yujin’s head then lowered her head. I gave her a big blow using my knee. She was left with a big pang and a nose bleed.

 

 

“Are you afraid?” I asked Chaewon who was shocked to see her sisters are already laying on the floor
Chaewon played with her swiss knife skillfully and answered, “Do I look like afraid?” 

 

 

Chaewon ran to me without any warning, targeting my stomach to stab it. It was so near to cut my stomach but fortunately, only my clothes ripped. It feels like 10 years of my life was taken because of that knife. Oh, I forgot. I don’t even have that much time left. 

 

 

Chaewon tried to attack me again. However, this time I caught her arm and twisted it. I took the swiss knife from her and took a step back when I saw Yujin and Wonyoung are back on their feet. I know everything that happened may be shocking for Chaeyeon. Who would have thought I’m kind of this person? 

 

 

“Chaeyeon,” I called “Please close your eyes for a while. I don’t want you to see this side of me. And forget all of what happened here after this”  
“S-Sakura… Don’t tell me you’re thin—“
“CHAEYEON I'M BEGGING YOU!” I raised my voice

 

 

I saw her that she hesitated and scared of me but I said, “Thank you” I whispered

 

 

I glared to those three girls and they glared back. No one is backing out from this fight. This is a war. Chaeyeon’s happiness and life are stakes on here. And I will take it for her even if it means risking my own life.

 

 

I attacked them first with a swiss knife. I don’t have any plan to stab them, I just want to scare them but there is no effect and they just keep attacking without thinking anything. I tried to pull back the knife from them as possible even if I’m already getting hit. But, I accidentally scratch it on them while running away to get back my stance. They all cursed at me. They are all in a panic seeing the blo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter