Confession

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon’s POV
 

I woke up really early today but I didn’t find Sakura beside me. Where did she go? I looked at the wall clock and it says 7:30 a.m. What the Sakura can wake up earlier than this? And it’s weekends today too, I expected her to sleep until 10 a.m. or more.

 

 

I decided to go out of the room and look for her. Nako and Hitomi greeted me while they were in the kitchen. It seems like she wasn’t there so I walked at the end of the hallway and opened the door. Again, I met with that metal door and I pushed the button beside it. 

 

 

Don’t tell me Sakura sneaked out last night just to play games. I mean we are going out today how could she play games until late at night. The lift opened and I get off. I entered the dim room and looked every corner of the room but there’s no sign of Sakura.

 

 

I went back upstairs and decided to ask Hitomi and Nako. She better not went somewhere and forgot that we will go out at 10 a.m.

 

 

“Nako, Hitomi” I called to get their attention, “Do you know where is Sakura?” I asked
“Oh, Saku-chan, she went to the hospital with her mom an hour ago” Hitomi answered
“But I’m sure she will back anytime now. Want to eat now? Mrs. Miyawaki cooked something for you” Nako said
“Sure” I sat on the stall instead of the dining table. It’s kind of lonely to eat on that long table especially Sakura is not here.

 

“Here. Mrs. Miywaki cooked some Japanese food for you” Nako placed the tray in front of me. Wow, that’s a lot. There’s rice, soup, fish and a Japanese matcha dessert.
“Thanks” 

 

 

I started eating, I want to send a mail to Sakura but I haven’t bought a new phone yet. I tasted the fish and soup. As usual, it tastes good. 

 

 

“ただいま (Tadaima - I’m home)” I turned my head and found Sakura entering the house “Good morning Chaeyeon” she walked to me, “Are you eating breakfast?”
“Yes. Did you eat already?” I asked
“No, I didn’t yet” 
“Just like I expected here, eat” Hitomi placed the other tray beside me
“やっぱ、ひいちゃん~ (Yappa Hii-chan~-You surely know me well, Hii-chan~)” she sat beside me.

 

To be honest, I’ve been secretly studying Japanese lately. I found it interesting, the grammars are kind of similar in the Korean language.

 

 

I put my chopsticks down and told her that I’ll change my clothes so we can go out after. She gave me an okay sign while drinking her soup so I went back to my room and changed my clothes. 

 

 

Today, I want to hang out comfortably so I chose simple black pants and a white sweater. Then I paired it with the white sneakers I only have. After combing my few strands hair, I went back downstairs.

 

 

“Where’s Sakura?” 
“She is talking to someone on the phone,” Nako said “It looks urgent””
“Okay” 

 

 

I sat on the sofa and saw Sakura near the pool. She is walking back and forth that makes me dizzy. Why does she look so frustrated and upset? What’s going on? Who is she talking?

 

 

“I understand Dr. Kang. You don’t need to remind me. I know” so she is talking to Dr. Kang. Why though? “I know, I know if I want to live longer I should be careful and wait for someone who can do a transplant to me”

 

 

What? If she wants to live longer? Transplant? What the heck is she saying? Why she must get a transplant? Is this the thing she is hiding away from me?

 

 

“I’ll end the call now” after she hung up the call she went back inside the house “W-when did you get here?” she asked nervously 
“J-just now” I answered pretending I didn’t hear anything at all. It seems like she wants to keep it secret from me “Let’s go?” I smile
“Sure”


 

 

We took a taxi to go to the nearest mall. I saved a lot of money just for today. At least I can pay her back in this way right? 

 

 

“Where do you want to go first?” I asked
“I want to play in arcades” she looked at me and smiled mischievously, “You promised to treat me today”
I let out a small laugh, “Yes, yes”

 

 

I exchanged my money and gave her the half of the coins so we can play anything she wants. Like I said I saved up a lot just for this girl.

 

 

“I want to play left for dead, I heard it’s 3D too!” she pulled me inside the booth for two people.

 

We insert some money and start playing. I’m not fun of games because I think it’s such a waste of time. But I don’t know why I found it fun now. Especially Sakura is kept screaming because of the zombies. I admit it looks real wearing the 3D glasses.
 

 

“What?! I lose again?!” I shouted. I lost two times now I lost again?! “URGH IM NOT PLAYING THIS” I leaned on the chair and just watched Sakura playing happily. She is really a game pro she hasn’t lost yet and her lifeline is still half. I admire because she can balance the games and studies.

 

 

 

 

“Finally you lost” I stretched my back
“YAH IS THAT GOOD?!” she pouts
“W-what? You’ve been playing for 30 minutes here” I pulled the curtain of the booth and saw the line of people waiting to play, “Yah, let’s play other games” I pulled her before she could insert another money
“Yah, I still want to play it” she complained
“Just play other games”
“Fine”
 

 

She walked towards the claw machine and insert money on it. 

 

 

“What do you want to get?” I asked beside her
“That fox” she pointed. Sakura began pushing the buttons and looking beside the machine to make sure she will get it. She finally pushed the button and the claw catch on it. But soon let go of the fox “What the?! That’s unfair”
“Well, arcades are always unfair” I commented
“I’ll make sure to get it,” she said
“Okay.”

 

 

She tried and tried again but she always failed on her each try. In the end, she doesn’t have any money left and begun sulking.

 

 

“Aigooo, Sakura is sulking” I teased
“Yah!” 
“I’ll try it” I inserted my money and did the cheating of claw crane that I watched from the internet. I don’t believe it because it can be edited but it doesn’t hurt to try right? I pushed the button and just as Sakura wanted, it picked up the fox and YES! I GOT IT!

 

 

“Here” giving it to her
“HOW?!” 
“I don’t know” I guess after all that trick is kind of true
“Thanks anyway” she smiled. I’m happy to see that she is smiling more often now. It really glows her up more.
“I found it funny because the fox has some same personality with you”
“What do you mean?”
“Dunno” I laughed
“What?” I walked away but she keeps whining to tell it to her 
I changed the topic, “Where do you want to go next?” 
“Hmm… Ah, right” she pulled me again inside the electronics shop “I’m going to buy you a new phone,” she said and asked the staff the same model she has
“But it’s your day today. I’ll just get a new phone on my next salary” pulling her outside the shop
“NOPE.” The stubbornness of Miyawaki Sakura is coming out again
“Fine. But I’ll be fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter