Make my wish come true

Live and Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon’s POV
 

I’ve been absent from school for five days. I thought it’s better to be absent a while so I can make some money and to find a new home. It will risk my scholarship but I’m confident that I can save it after passing all the exams this quarter and doing what my teachers asked. I want to call the school to give them some reason for my absent but, I can’t. Because my phone was caught off and I don’t have money to pay the phone bills.


 

 

“Yah, here is the order at table 16”

 

 

I took the bowl filled with half and half chicken. It’s my third part-time job today. The first one is at the convenience store, second is at the BBQ place the third is here, Chicken place. Well, I have the fourth one too, at the convenience store again. I already made enough for my daily foods but I need to find other part-time jobs too if I want to find a new cheap place to live on.

 

 

“Here is your order” I placed the bowl at the table and went back to the kitchen to wait for other orders.

 

 

The chicken place is not full because the sun just had risen. To be honest, I like chicken and I can’t eat anytime. Daylight or nighttime. I sometimes brought the leftover chicken from here. The owner didn’t know about it and I think it’s better not to let him know. I don’t mind leftovers, it’s such a waste to throw it out. Especially when I’m into this kind of situation. You know I can’t be picky or anything. Basically, I’m homeless. 

 

 

I check the wall clock in the kitchen to know how many hours I have left.

 

 

10 a.m.

 

 

One hour left before my shift end.

 

 

I’ve been strong for the past five days. Not physically but mentally. I convinced the staff at the gas station to let me take a shower there, by paying 2 dollars every shower. I got used to sleeping under the bridge even if it’s cold. There are so many people out there too so I’m not really bored because they are friendly and likes talking.

 

 

“Egg soup at table 1” the owner take out the soup
“G-got it” 

 

 

I carefully put the soup on the tray and walked at the table. I wish this time I will not trip or spill this soup. The bowl is pretty big and heavy so I walk carefully, little by little not letting my gaze off the soup until I got tripped on the table’s leg.

 

 

“ING !”

 

 

The next thing I knew, I was already on the floor. The tray in my hand doesn't have any bowl of soup. I looked beside me and the whole damn hot egg soup spilled at the customer’s body.

 

 

“YAH WHAT THE HECK!?” he shouted “ THAT IS SO ING HOT” he tried to reduce the burn by spilling the cold water on his thighs.

 

 

“I-I-I’m really sorry” God, what am I supposed to do? It’s such a mess but I hurriedly got up and took some cold towels from the kitchen. 

 

 

I came back with two towels and stand on my knees. Without thinking, I wiped the soup of his clothes.

 

 

“L-l-let me wipe it for you” I tried to wipe the soup off his thighs 
“WHERE THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TOUCHING” he shoved my hand and I’m back on the floor still holding the cold towel. Everyone is looking at me now. I let my head down. I don’t want to hear what they are saying. I don’t want to be judged by them. I can already feel that they are badmouthing me.

 

 

 

“What happened here?” the owner came in the scene and saw the mess that I did. He realized what happened and glared at me, “I’m really sorry please let me bring you some extra chickens. Please forgive her I’m really sorry” he bowed then gave me a ‘We-will-talk’ look

 

 

Seconds passed before I could rose up from the floor and bowed at the customer after he got calmed. I asked again for his forgiveness but he just cursed at me saying, I’m such a dumb and you, I better get fired. I didn’t say anything because I know it’s my fault. I followed the owner behind the shop to have a talk. When I went there he has already lit his cigarette and waiting for me.

 

 

 

“Yah, Lee Chaeyeon this is the second time that you spilled the soup!” he shouted. I just lowered my head and felt sorry “It will be fine for me if you just spilled it but why spilled it at the customer!?” he raised his voice more and I got a little scared

“I-I’m really sorry”
He sighed, “No. Our business is done Chaeyeon this will be the last day of your work here” he let go of his cigarette and stomp on it
“W-wh—“
“Here is the money that you earned for a week” he took out an envelope from his apron and he handed it to me but I refused it
“P-please don’t fire me” I begged
 
 

 

Instead, he put the envelope in my hand and he began to leave

 

 

“Mr. Lee, please” I tried to stop him by grabbing his wrist
“Chaeyeon our business is DONE.” 
“No, please I’m begging I really need some money” 

“Chaeyeon, look I don’t need someone like you! I don’ need a dumb part time worker! You’re just a smartass in school but you lack skills! You are nothing!”

 

 

Every word that he said left a scar in my heart. The pain is too much but what he said is true. Everything about it is the truth. It’s so hard for me to find a job because I can’t communicate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter