So Please Believe Me When I Say

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two days had passed since her members left.  They were set to be gone for a little over a week, so Wendy had a lot of time to herself.  Tonight Wendy planned to try new recipes that she could use when cooking for the other members.  She was almost done with her first dish (which she would be eating for dinner) when she heard the front door open.

 

Wendy smiled, knowing that it had to be Joohyun that came back from her visit early.  She took a deep breath as she prepared herself to do something she’s been thinking about for a while.

 

“Babe?” She called out, immediately cringing after she said it.  While it was embarrassing, Wendy is proud of herself for finally calling Joohyun something more intimate.

 

After there was no response Wendy decided to step out of the kitchen and peek into the living room.  Wendy was horrified at what she saw.  There stood Joy with agape in surprise.  Wendy frantically tried to think of an excuse, anything to explain why she said babe.

 

“Where’s my super suit?!”

 

Wendy felt like dying.  Not only was the quote wrong (in the movie he says honey, not babe) but Joy probably had no idea where that was from.

 

Joy raised her eyebrow in confusion “What?”

 

Wendy laughed nervously “It’s an American joke...”

 

Joy still seemed slightly suspicious as she crossed her arms over her chest.  “Where you expecting anyone?”

 

“No, if I was I would leave the door unlocked.”  Wendy had to restrain herself from clapping, it was an excellent save on her part.  Joy seemed to agree with her, nodding and seemingly dropping the subject as she turned to walk to her room.

 

“Wait, why are you here?” Seungwan asked, suddenly very confused as to why Joy came back early.

 

“You don’t seem happy to seem me.”  Joy said over her shoulder in a teasing tone, but Wendy could sense there was actually some disappointment under it.

 

“No, I’m actually very happy to see you, after all you’re my joy~” Wendy hugged Joy from behind, smiling as she felt the younger girl lean into her.

 

“Of course I am, I’m everyone’s joy.”

 

Wendy laughed, letting go of Joy and returning to the kitchen to finish cooking.  “Go ahead and get changed, then you can tell me why you’re back early.”

 

“Ok Unnie.” Joy then disappeared into her room, returning after 10 minutes.  She came to sit at one of the stools by the kitchen counter, grabbing some vegetables Wendy had set out and chopping them.

 

“So...” Wendy prodded, truly curious as to why she was home early.

 

“Well I...” Joy trailed off, obviously very shy about it.  Although the other members might find this strange, Wendy can say that she’s seen this side of Joy a number of times.  It seems to come out most when they’re alone together, and Wendy finds it especially adorable.

 

Wendy moved over and gently grabbed Joy’s chin, making the younger girl face her.  “You can tell me.” Wendy said softly, aware that Joy wasn’t the best at revealing secret parts of herself.  Normally Wendy wouldn’t push the subject, but she was worried that something had happened to Joy when she was visiting her family.

 

Joy blushed heavily, but maintained eye contact.  Her eyes held so much emotion in them, but Wendy couldn’t read her completely.  “If I’m being honest Unnie, I wanted to see you.”

 

Wendy’s eyes softened and her smile grew.  Despite what most people say, Joy was a huge sweet heart “Aww Sooyoung-ah, thank you!  You don’t know how much that means to me.”

 

Wendy pulled Joy into a hug, which the younger girl readily returned.  But Wendy’s smile began to drop when she felt the younger girl shaking.  It alarmed her enough to break the hug so she could get a good look at Joy.  

 

Joy quickly tried to wipe the tears that were streaming down her face, attempting to compose herself.  Wendy grabbed Joy’s hands to stop her, keeping a hold on them so that Joy couldn’t cover her face.

 

“Sooyoung, what happened?”

 

Joy hesitated, but eventually responded to Wendy.  “I wanted to see you b-because you always make me feel better... I-I told my parents something, and their reaction wasn’t what I wanted.”

 

Wendy raked her brain to try and deduce what Joy had told them, but came up with nothing.  She wanted to know the full story, but wasn’t even sure if she had the right to know.

 

“Do want to talk about it?”

 

Wendy brought one of her hands up to wipe Joy’s tears, the younger girl immediately leaning into her touch.  

 

“Unnie, I told them I like girls.”

 

Wendy’s eyes widened in surprise, not expecting Joy’s answer.  She never once thought that Joy was gay.

 

“Does it weird you out?”

 

Wendy quickly shook her head “No!  Of course not Sooyoung!  I love you no matter what, and I can say the same for the other girls as well.”

 

Joy still seemed distressed about the situation, so Wendy decided to reveal a part of herself that she had kept hidden for so long.  

 

“Sooyoung, can I tell you something?”

 

Joy nodded, giving Wendy her full attention.  Wendy gave Joy the most comforting smile she muster.  

 

“I like girls too.”

 

Joy quickly burst into laughter, surprising Wendy.  “Unnie, I know!”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter