But Who Am I To Say

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everybody loved Bod Boy.  It was breaking records, and even Red Velvet’s overseas audience loved it.  Given their success, SM management decided to give the members of Red Velvet a bit more freedom when it came to their Instagram account.  

 

Joy and Yeri took immediate advantage of their new privileges and decided to hold Instagram lives when ever they wanted.  They usually did this without telling the other, simply because they did it on a whim, but it led to some interesting situations.

 

“Hey everyone! Wow, you guys are all getting on fast!”

 

Yeri giggled as she ran to the living room of the Red Velvet dorm, phone in hand.  She settled down on the couch and squinted at her phone to read some of the messages from the live stream.

 

“Why do you look so pretty...?” She read off in English “Thank you~”

 

“Yerim?  Take this it’s cold.” Irene plopped a fluffy blanket on the couch before making her way to the kitchen.

 

“Thanks mom~”

 

“Did you want some soup?  I’m going to make some.”

 

Yeri smiled while reading the comments, most of them talking about how great of a mom Irene was.  “Yes, Irene-unnie is an amazing mom.”

 

“Who are you talking to?” Irene asked as she prepared the soup.

 

Yeri did a shushing gesture to the camera, even though the viewers couldn’t really say anything.  “Oh you know, just my friends.”

 

“Your friends?  I didn’t know you could have multiple people on a call.”

 

Yeri giggled a bit as she read the comments calling Irene a grandma.  It was awfully silly that she didn’t know half of the features their smartphones have.

 

Just then the door to the dorm opened, and as Yeri glanced over she saw that is was Wendy who had come in.  Wendy’s attention seemed to be immediately on the kitchen, so Yeri didn’t even bother saying hi.  Instead she chose to focus on answering all of the comments rolling on the screen.

 

“Hey.” Wendy said, trying to gain Irene’s attention.  

 

Irene turned to face Wendy, and smiled so wide that it rivaled Wendy’s smile.  She held out her arms, obviously asking for a hug, and who was Wendy to say no?  So Wendy stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the older woman’s small waist, feeling Irene’s arms wrap around her neck. Wendy quickly kissed Irene on the cheek as she was pulling away from the hug, but her hands remained on the older’s hips.

 

“What are you cooking?” Wendy asked as she turned to face the stove.

 

“Soup.  There should be enough for you too if you’d like some.”

 

“I’d love some.” Wendy made sure to say it with extra grease in her tone, which made Irene groan a bit.  

 

Yeri was still answering questions quietly on the couch, but she was getting more and more confused with all of the “Wenrene” comments.  Several comments read “omg did Wenrene just kiss?!?!?” or “Wendy kissed my gf on the cheek!!!” and “look how clingy Irene is!!”  It was then that Yeri noticed that both Irene and Wendy could be seen on the corner of the screen, and while they were simply standing close to each other now, they must’ve been doing lovey-dovey stuff earlier.  Oops.

 

“Well that concludes my livestream guys!” Yeri whispered frantically “bye luvies!”

 

“Soup is almost done!” Irene told Yeri as the youngest made her way to the kitchen.

 

“Why do you guys have to be so gross.”

 

“Pardon?” Wendy was surprised by Yeri’s 180.  Just the other day Yeri was telling Wendy that she didn’t have to hide her affection for Irene, and that she should do more pda with her in the dorm since they really couldn’t do it anywhere else.

 

“Always kissing and holding hands...” Yeri then proceeded to act as if she was throwing up, much to Irene’s annoyance.

 

“Yah, we don’t even kiss that much in front of you!  You must be jealous.”

 

“Why would I be jealous?”

 

“Because you don’t have someone great like Wannie to cuddle.” Irene emphasized the statement by hugging Wendy again, making Yeri fake vomiting again.

 

“Yah!  Kim Yerim!”

 

Wendy began to laugh as Irene started chasing Yeri around the dorm.  It honestly surprised her sometimes that Irene was older than her (and by a full 4 years too).  As the two other girls were messing around, Wendy finished up the soup for the 3 of them for eat.

 

 

While Yeri and Joy has the most social media presence on the shared Instagram account, that didn’t stop the others from occasionally getting on.  Irene had decided that it was about time that she should attempt her first live stream by herself.  After about 15 minutes she figured out how to start the live stream, and was now watching the viewer count increase.

 

“Hello..” Irene said quietly to the camera, eliciting many messages from fans.

 

“The messages move so fast, it’s hard to read.”  

 

She spent a couple of minutes reading the sweet comments complimenting her, but then realized she didn’t really have much to do.

 

“Um, if you guys want to ask questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter