Feel Like Enough

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was New Year’s Eve, and as always Red Velvet was invited to perform along side other artists before the countdown.  The atmosphere was lively, and held the hopes of all of the artists for the new year.  

 

Irene was in a particularly clingy mood all night, taking any chance she got to hold hands with Wendy or cling on to the younger girl’s arm.  It was cute, and Wendy certainly wasn’t complaining.

 

Their performance went off without a hitch, and now we’re simply enjoying the performances by the other groups.  Yeri had taken the time to chat with her other idol friends while Joy and Seulgi were eating some snacks back at their dressing/waiting room, leaving Wendy and Irene by themselves.

 

Irene’s hands were constantly shifting between grasping Wendy’s hands or her arm, and each time she shifted Wendy smiled just a bit more.  She wore slightly taller heels than Irene today, making her just a bit taller than the older woman.  She had to glance down to look at the woman, which gave her some joy in itself.  Irene wasn’t looking at her, but the smile on her face was beautiful and Wendy just couldn’t look away.

 

Eventually they asked all of the artists to come out on stage, and Red Velvet had to line up on one of the side stages.  Wendy and Irene began to walk out together, and unclasped their hands so that they could wave at fans.  The girls eventually reached their spot and listened respectfully, occasionally smiling at the fans in front of and behind them.

 

As she was watching the show continue, Wendy was surprised when she felt Irene nudge her a bit.  She looked over at Irene, finding a cute pout on the older girl’s face.  Wendy smiled softly, love oozing out of her.  She leaned over to see if Irene wanted to say anything, after all it was quite loud.

 

“I wish we could kiss at midnight.” Irene had said in a sweet voice, making Wendy blush a bit.

 

Wendy wanted to kiss Irene at midnight too, but unfortunately they couldn’t unless they wanted a huge scandal on their hands.  Instead, she offered her hand to Irene, which the older girl easily took and pulled behind the both of them.  Maybe she meant to hide their hands, Wendy wasn’t too sure. But they had fans behind them as well, and she immediately heard their squealing once their hands came into view.

 

Irene must’ve noticed this too, since she turned to face the fans who were watching.  But she didn’t let go of Wendy’s hand, in fact, she sandwiched Wendy’s hand in-between both of her own, putting them in a pretty intimate position.  While Wendy enjoyed it, she was also worried about what other people thought, but she decided to let Irene take the lead.  She trusted the older girl, she wouldn’t do something too risky on stage. 

 

Irene then turned to face Wendy, while moving her hands so that they were massaging Wendy’s.  They shared a smile, and Wendy could swear she saw the universe in Irene’s eyes.  Suddenly one of Irene’s hands reached up to Wendy’s face, her fingers settling dangerously close to Wendy’s lips.

 

“So kissable.” 

 

Wendy couldn’t hear those words, but she read them off of Irene’s lips, while thinking the same exact thing.  So much for nothing “too risky”.  Wendy felt like kissing Irene more than ever right now, and she guessed that Irene was feeling the same.  The moment was over too quickly, and the the members were ushered to center stage.

 

 

Red velvet was huddled together as they waited for the countdown.  Wendy was engulfing Yeri in a hug while they waited, swaying back and forth to the music.  Irene still had her arms wrapped around one of Wendy’s while Joy and Seulgi held onto each other.  As the countdown started, Wendy began to reflect on the events she experienced this year.

Please log in to read the full chapter