From Only Looking At You."

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene was not expecting Bogum to ask her out.  It was actually very surprising, and she definitely thought that he had called her for something much more important.  She does suppose it was nicer to turn him down in person however.

 

He didn’t take it badly.  He understood, but also said he can’t just get rid of his feelings.  While Irene didn’t expect him to suddenly stop liking her romantically, she did hope that he wouldn’t be continuing his advances.

 

Immediately after she made her way back to the dorm, just wanting to see Wendy.  But when she got there, all she found was Joy.  She was smiling to herself as she put flowers in a vase, not even noticing Irene.

 

“Joy.”

 

Joy jumped, which was surprising since the younger girl doesn’t scare easily.  “Unnie, you scared me.”

 

“Who are the flowers from?” Irene was genuinely curious since she’s never seen Joy buy her own flowers.

 

Joy smiled shyly, another strange sight for Irene.  “Wendy-Unnie got them for me.”

 

Irene raised her eyebrow “Oh, she did?”

 

Joy simply nodded, but looked very happy with herself.  It made Irene’s blood boil.

 

“Good for you.”

 

Irene’s sharp tone made Joy shift her attention to the older girl.  She opened to respond, but the front door suddenly opened, revealing Wendy with another bouquet of flowers in her hand.

 

To say Wendy was ed would be an understatement.  She saw the anger in Irene’s eyes and the sadness in Joy’s.

 

“I’ll be in my room.” Irene then stormed off, slamming the door to her room.  Wendy sighed, reaching up to rub her face in frustration.

 

“Were these for her too?”

 

Wendy opened to respond to Joy, but nothing came out.  The disappointment in Joy’s voice made Wendy feel so guilty, but she didn’t know what to say.

 

“I’ll... be in my room too.” Joy made her way to her room quickly, grabbing the vase with the flowers and softly shutting the door.

 

Wendy sighed again before walking to Irene’s door, cautiously knocking on the door.  The response was less than welcoming.

 

“Don’t bother me Wendy.  I mean it.”

 

Wendy decided to risk it and knock again, and moments later Irene opened the door very angrily.  Wendy sheepishly presented the bouquet, which Irene roughly grabbed and threw behind her.

 

“I’m sorry...”

 

Irene looked like she was about to explode.  “About what?  Freaking out about Bogum or cheating on me with Joy?”

 

Wendy’s jaw dropped in disbelief.  “Now wait a min-“ Wendy was suddenly cut off by Irene slapping her across the face.  Her head snapped to the right due to the force, her cheek stinging immediately.

 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry!”

 

Irene’s hand gently cupped the cheek that she had slapped, moving her thumb soothingly on the now red skin.

 

“Seungwan, I can’t believe I just did that, I’m so sorry.  I was just so mad an-“

 

Seungwan abruptly started laughing, surprising the older girl.  “Wow Joohyun-Unnie, if I had known that after hitting me you would forgive me, I would’ve told you to slap me sooner!”

 

Joohyun lightly hit Seungwan’s shoulder “I’m serious!”

 

Seungwan smiled softly at Joohyun to reassure the older girl.  She took Joohyun’s hand off of her cheek and brought it to her lips, kissing her knuckles.

 

“It’s okay, just let me explain myself.  Okay?”  Joohyun nodded, allowing Seungwan to explain.

Please log in to read the full chapter