I Know It's Selfish Of Me

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

“For how long?” Was the first thing that came out of Seulgi’s mouth.  The tone of her voice was unfamiliar to Wendy, she could only describe it as hostile.

 

“I was just... talking with Irene for maybe 15 minutes...”

 

Seulgi scoffed, visibly annoyed with Wendy’s answer.  “How could you?”

 

Playing dumb was obviously not working in Wendy’s favor, so she decided to drop the act.  “I... don’t see what’s so bad about it...” she was getting more and more timid as she watched Seulgi’s face flare up in even more anger.

 

“You don’t?! You seriously don’t?! I know you’re not dumb Wendy!”

 

Wendy flinched at the volume of Seulgi’s voice.  She couldn’t figure out why Seulgi would be so upset with the fact that she was romantically involved with Irene.  Wendy had never seen Seulgi even remotely close to being this mad, so it had to be something big.  Perhaps, love?

 

“Seulgi, do you-“

 

“No, I’m asking the questions.”

 

Wendy blinked, again surprised with Seulgi’s behavior.  It was so strange to see her best friend behave like this.

 

“Y-you’re dating her, aren’t you?”

 

Seulgi’s voice cracked at the end of her sentence, immediately alarming Wendy.  Wendy had hurt her friend by being with Irene, and it killed Wendy inside to know that.  Seulgi must like Irene, there’s no other conclusion.  Why did her and Irene’s relationship have to be so complicated? First Joy, and now Seulgi...

 

“Yes, I am.” Wendy replied firmly.  While she cared for her best friend deeply, she also treasured her relationship with Irene.  The only way that she’d give the older girl up is if Irene herself asked her too.

 

Seulgi dropped to a squat, hands quickly finding purchase in her hair.  She hung her head low, visibly defeated and frustrated.  “Why...” She croaked out.

 

Wendy quickly dropped to the floor as well, worried for her best friend.  Tears were streaming down her face, it was heartbreaking.  “Seulgi...” she reached out, but as soon as her hand met Seulgi’s back, Seulgi pushed her away and stood up.

 

“No! No, you don’t get to-to try and make me feel better!” Seulgi was looking down at Wendy, anger still written across her features. “I WANT you to be guilty, you DESERVE to be guilty!”

 

“For what!” Wendy felt something inside of her snap.  All of that talk from Seulgi made Wendy feel devastated, and if she heard anymore she’d probably start crying.  She didn’t want to cry, so she stood up and put her defenses up, something that she had never done with Seulgi.  “I should feel guilty? Why?!  For liking Irene?! For being with Irene?!”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter