I Want To Show You That I'm Falling

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Christmas was right around the corner and Wendy wanted to get something special for Irene. She had already gotten gifts for the other members of Red Velvet, but she wanted to find the perfect gift for Irene.  Wendy had narrowed it down to jewelry, the thought of Irene always wearing the her present made Wendy’s heart beat fast.  So here she was, roaming a jewelry store trying to find something that would compliment Irene’s beauty.

 

It was hard to find something that didn’t scream “Hey, we’re dating!”  Wendy considered getting a necklace with their initials together, but that would be way too obvious.  She’d have to find something more subtle.  Just as she was about to give up, Wendy found the perfect necklace.  It was a simple silver chain connected with a single ring.  A complete circle often symbolizes perfection and eternity, and while Irene might not know this, Wendy thought that it fit her Irene almost perfectly.  But for the necklace to be completely perfect, it needed one more thing...

 

—-

 

Wendy woke up on Christmas Day to Yeri literally jumping on top of her.  “Unnie!  It’s Christmas!” She continued to shout until Wendy got up completely and trudged into the living room.

 

“Unnie, I thought Christmas was big in Canada.  Why are you the last one up?”

 

Wendy looked around the room and noticed that she was indeed the last one up, even Seulgi got up before her.  Breakfast was already made and everyone was eagerly waiting to open their presents.

 

“Sorry, I was up late last night.”  It wasn’t a lie.  She spent quite some time trying to secretly wrap her presents.

 

“That’s fine Wendy-Unnie.” Joy said, pulling Wendy to sit down.  “Let hurry up and open our presents.”

 

Wendy smiled as she watched everyone open her gifts and absolutely love them.  She also loved the gifts she got, which consisted of a drawing from Seulgi, a winter coat from Joy and a blue blanket from Yeri.  Wendy saved Irene’s gift for last, and she was so excited to open it.  It was a small box, very small, and Wendy wondered what was inside.  She opened the box to find a guitar pick inside, a high quality one.  The pick itself wasn’t what catched Wendy’s attention though, it was the design.  It was pink one side a blue the other with “SJ” engraved on both sides. 

 

“I love it.  Thank you Unnie.”

 

The two girls shared a smile as Joy peaked over to look at the gift. “What’s SJ?”

 

“Uhhh, a nice brand! For guitar picks and strings and stuff...” Wendy’s explanation seemed to satisfy Joy, which made Wendy sigh in relief.

 

“Well I’m going to try all the skin products Wendy-Unnie got me.” Joy said as she grabbed her presents and stood up.  “Oh, I’ll hang up Seulgi’s picture as well.”

 

Seulgi smiled and gave Joy a thumbs up while Yeri huffed in annoyance.  “What about my present?” She asked Joy, clearly upset it didn’t make a big impact.

 

Joy thought for a moment before responding.  “Next time I go out I wear the shoes you got me.  Probably tonight actually.”

 

Yeri smiled, satisfied with herself.  The youngest member then gathered all of her gifts and followed Joy to their shared room, leaving the three oldest members in the living room.  Irene grabbed her still wrapped gifts and began making her way to her own room, always preferring to open them in private.

 

“Did you like my drawing?” Seulgi suddenly asked as she folded the clothes she got from Wendy.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter