Sometimes I Wonder

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy woke up when she suddenly felt her bed dip, alerting her that she was not on the mattress alone.  She opened her eyes to see Irene, looking almost angelic in the light of the rising sun.  Wendy smiled sleepily, snaking her arm around the older girl’s midsection.  Irene settled in easily, her back flush against Wendy’s front.

 

“What brings you here?” Wendy asked, her voice making it evident that she was still drowsy. 

 

“I missed you.  Joy left early this morning so I thought it was okay.”

 

Wendy chuckled “You missed me?  It’s only been 6 hours!”

 

Wendy could see Irene’s ears turn red in a heavy blush, making her giddy.  Seeing an embarrassed Irene was a very cute but rare moment, so she decided to turn her around.  Irene struggled a bit and immediately buried her face in Wendy’s neck when the younger girl successfully turned her around.

 

“You’re so cute Joohyun.  I hope you know how cute you are.”

 

Joohyun didn’t respond, but she did hug the younger girl tighter.  Wendy opened to continue gushing about how cute Joohyun was, but was interrupted by her phone ringing.  She reached over to answer, but the older girl beat her to it.

 

“Hello?” Joohyun said, her tone holding some annoyance.

 

Wendy couldn’t hear what was on the other line, but suddenly Joohyun’s face paled and she responded with a timid “A-ah, yes.  Just a moment.”

 

Joohyun then gave the phone to Wendy, looking quite embarrassed.  “Hello?”

 

“Seungwan, who was that girl?”

 

“Seunghee!” Seungwan laughed nervously “Irene, the leader of Red Velvet.”

 

“And why did she answer your phone?”

 

“Uhh, she was closer?” Seungwan coughed before quickly changing the subject “Why did you call?”

 

“I just now, for the first time, saw some of your peek-a-boo performances!”

 

Seungwan laughed “It took you this long?”

 

“I’ve been busy!” Seunghee rushed to say.  “I just wanted to compliment your style!  My baby sis is lookin’ good!”

 

Seungwan laughed again “Thanks Seunghee.”

 

“No problem, so I guess you’re kinda busy with your girlfriend so I’ll just hang up now.  Bye!”

 

“It’s not-“ Seungwan was cut off by her sister hanging up, leaving her objection up in the air.  But it left her thinking, what was she going to reject?  Her family should know the truth, right?  Or was it too dangerous? 

 

 

Joy needed to talk to someone.  Normally she’d talk to Wendy, but that obviously wasn’t an option since the older girl was the source of Joy’s troubles.  Her next thought was to call Yeri.  Yeri was surprisingly wise for her age, and when it was time to get serious she would be quite kind and hold off on all the teasing.  But of course, the younger girl failed to answer her phone; she was probably busy with her family.  Joy was left with only one option, and she wasn’t sure if she should even bother.

 

Seulgi was, to put it simply, oblivious.  She was known to be the worst advice giver, and would probably be so confused with what Joy was about to tell her.  Still, Seulgi’s charm had a way of making everyone feel better, so it was worth a shot.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter