I Want To Trust Our Love

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy was scared and had no clue what to do.  She knew that if she told Joohyun, the older girl would believe her.  Sure, Joohyun knew that Wendy didn’t like Bogum, but she would never make up a story to try and ruin his reputation.  Wendy’s main concern was what Bogum would do afterwards.  He claimed he would release the photos if she told Joohyun, which would not only hurt her, but Red Velvet as a whole.  Wendy remembered exactly what happened to Girls Generation after the Baekhyun and Taeyeon incident, and that was a straight relationship.  What would happen if people found out about a gay relationship in Red Velvet.

Wendy had a lot of fears about this.  She recalled when Joohyun was seen reading a feminist novel, and her photo cards were being burned by angry men.  What if that violence escalated? Either way, Wendy knew she couldn’t let the photos get out.  She decided that she would talk to the company first before anyone else.  SM would be even more careful about this than anyone, so she would trust their decision.

“Is that everything?” Wendy nodded and waited patiently as their manager wrote a couple more things down.  She had told him everything, down to the last detail, in the hopes that he would know what to do. “Ok Wendy, as of right now, we aren’t going to do anything about it.”

“What?!” Wendy was actually surprised at how she raised her voice, so she took a deep breath and pressed further “You’re not actually going to let her continue fake dating that , are you?”

Their manager took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, it was clear that this issue was stressing him out.  “If we force a break up, then he’ll most likely think you told her or us, which means he’ll probably release those pictures.  Mr. Sooman has specifically said that the public is not ready to know, so we can’t let that happen.”

“So what are we going to do?” Wendy sounded desperate, but she didn’t care, she didn’t want Joohyun anywhere close to that man.

“You are going to do exactly as he asked. We will be looking for some dirt.  If he’s behaving like this right now, I’m sure he has his own things to hide.  Once we find something substantial, we’ll threaten him just as he threatened you.”

“You think that’ll work?”

“We’ve done it plenty of times.” Their manager smiled, hoping to comfort Wendy.  “We’ll try to work quick, but it can take some time.  I’m sorry I can’t find a way out of this situation immediately, but I promise you that we’ll work as fast as possible.”

Wendy nodded, thankful that their manager offered up a solution, but there was still one more issue.  “So, I have to break up Irene?”

A sad smile crossed their managers face as he nodded.

Wendy had acted as if nothing had happened for the next two weeks, savoring her time with Irene before she would be forced to break up with her.  She told herself that she shouldn’t be worried, that once this is all

Please log in to read the full chapter