Do I Deserve You?

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where’s Wendy?”

 

Joy had woken up to a mostly empty dorm.  Irene had been in the kitchen, looking particularly upset.  Joy figured that Irene and Wendy had a fight.  Despite being upset with their relationship, Joy still cared for Wendy, and wanted to make sure she was okay.

 

“I don’t know.” Irene said, not even bothering to face the younger girl.

 

Joy deduced that Wendy had probably went outside to get fresh air, she always did that when she was frustrated.  Without even grabbing a jacket, Joy left the dorm to look for Wendy.

 

Just as she was leaving, Yeri was entering with Seulgi.  Joy saw Seulgi’s puffy eyes and red nose, and wondered what happened while she was sleeping.  She considered staying, simply to make sure Seulgi was okay, but then Wendy entered her mind again.  Joy could check up on Seulgi later, but right now she wanted to find Wendy.

 

Joy found Wendy sitting on a bench, just staring up at the sky.  She was glad to see no tears on the older girl’s face, but she was obviously upset.  Joy didn’t think twice before sitting down next to Wendy.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey, Joy.”

 

Wendy didn’t even look at Joy when she spoke, which wasn’t a good sign.  Joy didn’t really know how to broach the topic, after all, Wendy didn’t even know that Joy knew about her relationship with Irene.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Wendy finally looked towards Joy, and it was very obvious to the younger girl that she was not okay.

 

“Been better.  How about you?”

 

“Same.” Joy didn’t want Wendy to focus on her.  She came here to help Wendy, not to get help from Wendy.

 

“Here.” Wendy said as she shed her jacket.  “You’ll freeze.”  She then draped it over over Joy, rubbing her hands up and down Joy’s arms.

 

Joy rested her head on Wendy’s shoulder before sighing.  “Irene is... really lucky.”

 

Wendy’s hands froze “So you know?”

 

“Yeah.  I saw you two on the rooftop.” 

 

“Sooyoung,” Wendy’s arms tightened around Joy “I am so sorry.”

 

Joy smiled, enjoying the warmth radiating off of the older woman.  “You really have no reason to be, Unnie.”

 

“You shouldn’t have had to find out that way.  I should’ve told you.”

 

“Yeah.” Joy said “You should’ve told me.  But I’m not mad.” ‘at you’ she wanted to add, but decided not to.

 

They stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other’s company.  As much as Joy enjoyed it, she knew that she needed to get to the root of the problem.  She needed to help Wendy.

 

“So what happened?”

Please log in to read the full chapter