Because Not Eveything Is Falling Perfectly Into Place

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

 Yeri had begun to notice strange things happening in the Red Velvet dorm.  While she understood that preparing for a comeback was stressful and could result in varying behavior, she just couldn’t wrap her head around why her group mates were acting they way they were.  Allow her to explain.

 

Wendy’s awkwardness has decreased.

 

Not many people would notice Wendy’s change in behavior, but Yeri prides herself on being especially observant.  It’s as if the older woman has gained some new found confidence as a result of something.  Yeri would guess that it’d be something to brag about, but Wendy has done no bragging whatsoever.  Instead, Yeri has seen this confidence in the way she carries herself.  There are a bunch of little things Yeri could mention, like the way her shoulders square up or how her back is always perfectly straight, but what stands out are two things in particular.  

 

Wendy has (finally) started showing off.  Well, that’s probably not her intention, but she isn’t actively hiding what makes her attractive anymore.  Tank tops are Yeri’s bestfriend when it come to Wendy, as they allow the younger girl to drool a bit at the older girl’s toned arms.  Watching Wendy’s arm flex while carrying out daily tasks is Yeri’s guilty pleasure, one that she isn’t willing to admit to anyone.  Yeri also wishes she’d wear crop tops to show off her defined abs, but they really aren’t Wendy’s style, so she settles on always watching the older girl return from the gym shirtless and sweaty.  It really shouldn’t make Yeri’s heart beat quicken, but it does.  What can she say, she loves muscles.

 

The next big indicator of Wendy’s new found confidence was her actions during movie night.  Wendy used to sit at the middle of the couch, arms stiff by her sides as Irene and Joy occupied the spaces next to her.  Now, Wendy takes the corner of the couch, and she rests one arm on the armrest, the other on the headrest, practically inviting someone to cuddle up next to her.  Yeri noticed that Irene was always the one to settle in that cozy spot, but she couldn’t tell if Wendy had reserved it for the eldest member or not.  But that had opened her eyes to another members odd behavior.

 

Irene has been hot and cold lately.

 

Yeri has witnessed Irene display the two sides of personality more times in the past 2 weeks than she has in all her time of knowing her.  Irene would randomly be in extremely good moods, leaving her with a permanent smile on her face (which wasn’t normal for Irene).  Something had to be behind those good moods!  Or someone...  But, there were also times when Irene was suddenly in bad moods, and Yeri truly thought world war 3 would start.  These conflicts usually consisted of passive aggressive conversations between Irene and Joy (with Wendy somehow caught in between and also getting some cold behavior from Irene).  It was almost as if Joy didn’t know when to stop!  It was odd, having Yeri’s partner in crime start participating in solo missions against their unnies.  But Joy seemed to have some sort of conviction behind her actions, which leads Yeri to her next observation.

 

Joy has been upset for a while.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter