You Confuse Me Sometimes, But That's Alright

The Moments I Live For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy woke up to her alarm, which was unusual because she normally woke up before her alarm.  She looked over to Seulgi’s bed to see the girl still sleeping, like a bear in hibernation, nothing could wake her.

 

After cleaning herself up a bit, Wendy stepped out of her room, immediately smelling something burning.  She rushed to the kitchen to find Irene struggling with pancakes.  She looked so cute, with her nose scrunched in frustration and her eyes set in determination.

 

“Need some help there?” Wendy asked with a smile.

 

Irene jumped in surprise, then pouted as she responded “I guess so... I really wanted you to wake up to a western breakfast, but I guess I need to do more research.”

 

She huffed in frustration and turned off the stove.  When Irene got no reply, she looked up to find Wendy smiling dumbly at her.  The look in Wendy’s eyes alone made Irene blush, it was full of adoration.  “Seungwan?”

 

Seungwan was quickly brought out of her trance “Uh, s-sorry!” She coughed in an attempt to hide her growing blush “Let me show you how.”

 

Seungwan ended up doing most of the work, but Joohyun stayed right next to her, picking up all of the little tips Seungwan gave her.  Eventually the two finished and successfully made banana pancakes, one of Seungwan’s favorites.

 

“Thank you for helping Seungwan.” Joohyun gave the younger girl a small smile, glad to have spent some time with her.

 

“Thank you for doing something nice for me.  Well, for TRYING to do something nice for me.”

 

Joohyun smacked Seungwan’s arm as they laughed together.  When they quieted Joohyun looked into Seungwan’s eyes before saying “You deserve all the nice things in the world.”

 

Seungwan smiled lovingly “Aren’t I supposed to be the greasy one?”

 

Instead of replying, Joohyun’s gaze flicked to their other girl’s lips.  She began to lean in, Seungwan doing the same, but Joy burst into the kitchen just before their lips met.

 

“Breakfast!”

 

The two girls broke apart at lighting speed, both looking at Joy.  Joy didn’t seem to notice a thing, her attention was probably solely on breakfast.  Wendy coughed and rubbed her neck, like she always does when she’s embarrassed. 

 

“Uh yeah, go ahead and grab some pancakes.”

 

Joy ignored Wendy’s awkwardness and dived right into breakfast, the other girls doing the same as they entered the kitchen.  Wendy shared a glance with Irene, but she averted her gaze, choosing to get herself some breakfast instead.

 

After breakfast they all had to get ready for solo schedules, and Wendy didn’t get a chance to talk to Irene since she was the first to leave.  Little did she know, this problem would persist.  For the next week, Wendy got nothing but radio silence from Irene.  It wasn’t as if the other girl was ignoring her, but rather she was pretending that nothing happened between them.  Wendy could understand the apprehension, but she was not about to let her one chance with the girl she’s been crushing on slip away.

 

Of course Irene made it very difficult for Wendy.  Another week had passed and Wendy found that it was practically impossible for her to find the other girl alone, and when she did Irene was quick to make up some excuse and coolly walk away.  Wendy was beginning to lose hope, she had so many questions for Irene and wondered if Irene even liked her in the first place.  But it seemed that fate wanted her to get her answers, because Wendy finally got time alone with Irene.

 

Wendy was alone in the dorm because the other members were set to visit their families.  Wendy was glad that they were all spending time with loved ones, but it left her all alone and made her quite homesick.  She had spent the night before watching Western movies, and she planned to do the same tonight.  But as she was preparing popcorn in the kitchen, Wendy heard the door to the dorm open.

 

No one was supposed to be home for a couple of days, so she decided to go investigate.  When Wendy reached the front door she was surprised to see Irene taking her shoes off.

Please log in to read the full chapter