I'll Be Back

Protector

 Seungri’s POV

I watched her run out of the house before she blocked my view as she slammed the door behind her. I lean back on the kitchen counter huffing out a breath. I knew it Seunghyun hyung made a mistake. I sat there on the dining table, stirring my now cold coffee for about an hour. I know that she needed sometime to herself.

I cracked a smile as I looked down at the once warm black liquid as I knew that my theory was correct. I knew Vic also loved Seunghyun, I just knew it. They way they seem to get each other, the way that they both look at each other, interact with each other, you’d think that they were already a young married couple. And to top it all off, they both love each other so much, whether they know it or not.

But sadly they were stubborn, because I knew they both thought that love is impossible. But what they didn’t see is that it was right in front of them all along. I don’t really know about Vic but I know enough about her from Seunghyun hyung stories about her that she’s just as stubborn as Seunghyun hyung. Maybe it was my 150 IQ talking but I know what’s going on in their heads when they’re together.

Even though I love Vic, I knew she could never be mine as long as there is Seunghyun hyung. Despite that fact I still care about her. Yes sure I promised Seunghyun hyung but even if I didn’t make that promise, I still would’ve protected her.

I got up after sitting in the lonely kitchen for a whole half hour. I grabbed a small blanket from inside a closet before heading out of the house. I shivered and started to walk even faster towards the dark warehouse thinking of how cold Vic must be freezing to death by now.

“Vic?” I asked, my voice bouncing off the thin walls of the warehouse. I slowly walked in closing the door behind me. Even though the door was closed it wasn’t any less cold, I hugged the blanket tighter and walked over to a corner of the room where I had heard some soft sobs.

Without hesitation I wrapped the blanket around her weeping form as she sat on top of one of the crates. I heard her sniffle and wipe her eyes furiously as I wrapped my arm around her hoping that that’ll get her warm.

“S-Seungri, w-what are you d-doing here?” Her voice was unstable and cracking. I hugged her tighter in my arms as the wind blew through the crack of the walls, sending a cold wind in our direction.

“I’m making sure you’re ok.” She looked up at me with tear stained eyes. I smiled and put my hand on her ice cold cheek, caressing it tenderly. She blushed at my action and tried to pull away but I just chuckled quietly and hugged her tighter.

 At last she gave up and rested her head on my chest. We sat there for a moment, staying silent. I her soft hair slowly. For a reason I felt guilty, maybe it’s because I’m with someone that I know my hyung loves.

“Hey, let’s go inside. We both are gonna get sick if we stay out here for too long.” I said and saw her nod silently. I stood up first and held out a hand which she took happily. We walked over to the door and opened it. The cold wind slapped both of us as soon as the door was wide enough. I saw her shiver and wrap the thin blanket around her more securely, hoping that that tiny piece of fabric would keep her warm.

“Come here.” I said and wrapped my hand around her shoulder. “Better?”

“Y-yeah.” She said with a smile as her cheeks turned a rose color. Together we walked across the small field in between the warehouse and my house. I told her to sit on the sofa before going to the kitchen to fix her up a hot drink.

“This should warm you up.” I smiled and handed her the hot chocolate which she took with shaking hands. I went over to the thermostat and turned the heater up. I sat next to her and picked up my mug filled with more coffee and sat on the opposite side of the couch.

We both sat there, me leaning on the armrest as she curled up into a small ball sipping our hot drinks listening to the rain drops that fell on the roof and windows. I stared at her as she drank her chocolate. Her lips were a little red from drinking the hot liquid but I couldn’t help but wonder if they were as warm and tasty as they look.

“Do you think Seunghyun is ok?” she asked abruptly breaking the silence. I put down my coffee mug as she did the same.

“Of course he’s ok.” I said with a smile. She looked at me curiously, a worried look planted on her face.

“How are you so sure?” she asked me.

“You don’t know Seunghyun hyung, he’ll be fine.” I said with a chuckle.

Seunghyun’s POV

God why did I choose to leave tonight. Bingu Seunghyun! The rain seems to pour down by the buckets tonight. I looked at my phone, checking for phone calls or text messages. I huffed a breath when I saw nothing new on my phone. The night seems to be darker as the rain clouds blocked any moonlight.

I was thankful when I finally arrived at my destination. I pulled out a jacket from the back seat and put it on, covering my head with the hood. I grabbed my phone but accidently dropped it. I reached for it, the wallpaper was displayed brightly, it was a picture of Key. It was a picture we took when we made the engagement a long time ago, I wonder if she even remembers it. I can’t help but wonder if she’s ok, if she even noticed my absence, but I know I’ll see her soon.

I put my phone back into my pocket and headed out. The rain splashed on me, soaking my jacket. I ran straight into the building that is my weapon shop. I took off my wet jacket and threw it on the floor carelessly. It was when I looked at the shop more closely did I notice everything is ruined.

The weapons that were displayed on the walls were almost all gone except for a few prototypes that were now smashed and scattered across the room. The windows I noticed were all broken letting in the harsh winds and a few rain drops too. The lights weren’t on but I noticed that the wiring of the room were now cut, jolts of electricity firing up. As I saw footprints on the floor I knew exactly what happened.

I took out my gun, not D-Lite, just a normal gun. I stood there for a moment, focusing my senses on smells, sounds, anything. I raised the gun and started to walk around my destroyed shop. I opened my office door with a creek. The papers and documents were scattered on the floor, soaking wet as the window let in a vast amount of water from the rain. I proceeded out into the small hallway leading into the workshop in the back of the shop.

“Seunghyun, so nice to see you here.” I turned around raising my gun. On the end of the hallway stood a man, his hair was long to one side and shaved on the other, his cheek bones were sticking out, his clothes hid his small figure as it supported fur and leather at the same time.

“You wrecked my shop, Jiyong.” I said in an angry tone.

“And what a nice shop it was. My boys appreciate the weaponry by the way.” He said with a sly smirk as he walked towards me. I raised my gun higher silently saying that I’ll shoot if he comes any closer.

“Oh, gonna shoot me Seunghyun. Not gonna happen, not today.” He said with a smile. And on that moment a bullet came from one of the hallway that was on my right, shooting the gun out of my hand. The shooter stepped out into the light, it was Taeyang.

He looked totally different compared to the guy I saw this morning. He was only dressed in a fur coat and leather pants, displaying his tattooed bare chest. He was holding his recently shot gun, a gun of mine I saw.

“Never thought that catching you would be this easy Seunghyun, I can’t say that I’m not disappointed. Taeyang, cuff him.” Jiyong threw me a half amused half dirty look one last time before turning around letting Taeyang put the tightest hand cuffs around both of my wrists. I followed Jiyong out of his car as Taeyang pushed me from the back.

I smirked a little seeing Jiyong’s over triumphant look. This isn’t the end of me, I’ll be back Vic.