I Love You...

Protector

I stared at our ‘engagement’ picture in my hands as I sat on the bed of the empty bedroom. Seungri had left a few hours ago thinking that I was finally asleep. I had cried throughout the day, I didn’t know why I cried so much, I didn’t know why it hurt so much, I’ve been called worse by my mother’s and father’s friend’s children all the time but why does that Bom’s words hurt me so much? Maybe it’s because she’s Seunghyun’s girlfriend, maybe. I was glad Bom left because I just think I’ll break down again if I see her.

I smiled a little tracing my finger across my parents’ faces in the picture. This picture was taken by my mother’s maid the day the ‘engagement’ was made. My father was finally released from the hospital that day and I still remembered the thrilled look on his face when he knew that I was finally marrying someone. I remember being so happy seeing my father smile and laugh so much, but I also remember how miserable I was remembering whom I was marrying. But I knew I had to hold on and be happy even though I wasn’t at the time.

I never really knew what the problem between Seunghyun and I was, we just never got along for a reason. I remember when I first met him, I had thought that he was the most annoying person in the world, I had wanted to get him out of my life. But then 3 years later I found myself in his arms as his fiancé and future wife.

I had expected what came after the news about my engagement broke out. All of my ‘friends’ started to talk instantly. I’ve always knew that they hated me but they started to hate me even more they found out that I was engaged to the most eligible bachelor of high class society in Korea. They would always insult me, sure they don’t say it to my face but I knew they were talking.

But something that surprised me from time to time is when Seunghyun was actually nice to me. It was one of those gatherings when a girl, an ex of Seunghyun I suspect got mad at me for stealing her ‘man,’ Seunghyun had actually stood up for me surprising us both.

I think that was the start of me falling for him. I used to think that his smile was evil and I used to not understand why girls swoon over him but then I started to actually like him. But I figured what’s not to like, he’s handsome, smart, annoyingly funny and he’s really brave. But I knew he didn’t and wouldn’t ever feel the same way about me.

I’m not the most modest girl in the world, I wear clothes that cost more than small cars, I wear diamonds that costs more than a house, I was filthy rich and I liked it. I know I wasn’t as bratty as those girls that I see at my mom’s social gatherings but I was still a spoiled child. I guess I never really looked beyond my mansion’s walls.

For example I never cared about that dictator Kwon Jiyong until he tried to kill my father. I was so selfish. But I want to change, I want to be more like Seungri, I want to be caring and sweet.

I put the picture down on my bedside table and just sat there for a moment playing with the bandage on my bicep. The pain had stopped but it stung from time to time. I didn’t know when it was gonna heal but once it does I’m getting out of here. Let’s face it I’m not going to stay here.

Bang Bang

I looked to my left as I heard those gunshots being made, they were quiet yet still audible. I got up from the bed and walked over to the window where I had a perfect view of the warehouse. It was big and old and creepy. I had asked Seungri about it but he told me that it was empty and he barely used it. If it was empty then why are there gunshots made inside said warehouse at 1 in the morning?

Curiosity took over me. I got out a jacket from inside my backpack and got out of my small bedroom. I tiptoed passed Seungri’s room not wanting him to wake up. I walked down the stairs and out of the house.

“God, its freezing.” I said to myself as I zipped up my jacket in attempt to protect myself from the cold night air. I walked through the field of grass making my way to the dark warehouse.

Bang bang. More gunshots broke the silent night and I found myself walking faster towards the litted warehouse. I managed to slip through the small crack of the door and hid behind a stack of boxes and crates noticing that there were 2 other people in the warehouse besides me. I peeked over one of the boxes and found myself looking at Seunghyun and Seungri, Seunghyun holding a dangerous looking gun.

“Hyung, why do you practice at night? She might wake up. Do you know how hard it was to put her to sleep?” Seungri spoke as Seunghyun held up the gun and shot a crate on the other side of the room.

“Don’t you think she’ll notice it more if I practice in daylight?” said Seunghyun before he shot a bottle on top of a box with amazing accuracy. “How are things between the 2 of you anyway?” asked Seunghyun casually but I heard curiosity in his voice. Seunghyun sat down at a chair in the middle of the room as Seungri sat in another one across from him.

“Victoria’s great hyung, I know why you like her.” Seungri said, a dazed smile on his face. I blushed a little hearing this but my eyes widened hearing the last part.

“You haven’t seen her in action. She’s great. I don’t know if you’ll be protecting her or if she’s going to protect you.” Seunghyun joked which caused Seungri to blush. I can’t help but notice how cute Seungri was.

“Are you really leaving hyung?” Seungri asked and I saw fear in his eyes. I was confused, Seunghyun was leaving?

“I have to, I can’t stay here. I said I’ll stay when you both knew each other. From what I see you’re already closer to her than I am.” I was surprised at Seunghyun’s sad tone, why does he sound so sad? Does he really have feelings for me?

“I promised to you that I won’t touch her and I’ll keep that promise.” Seungri said half heartedly. What the hell? Were they fighting over me?

“You know you like her as much I do. Make her fall for you, so that she won’t even notice when I’m gone.” Seunghyun said with a heartwarming smile. I’ve only seen him smile like that a few times and every time he does, it makes my heart beat faster for a reason.

“But you will come back right?” asked Seungri seriously. I found myself leaning forward waiting for Seunghyun’s answer.

“Of course, I’ll need to bring her back to her parents right? Might as well take you with us, I know by the time I’m back she’ll love you.” I knew that Seunghyun was trying to joke but I couldn’t ignore the small disappointment I heard in his voice.

A moment of silence followed after. I sat on the ground of the warehouse, still hiding behind the boxes and crates. My brain tried to process the information I had gotten. Ok, so both Seunghyun and Seungri like me. Seunghyun is leaving for some reason and he wants me to be with Seungri. I felt my cheeks heat up as the thought of these 2 handsome men liking me.

“I think I’ll call it a night, you coming?” I heard Seunghyun say. My heart thumped faster, I needed to get out of here or they’ll know that I’ve sneaked out. I needed a distraction, and it came in the form of a flustered Seungri.

“Wait a sec, I gotta fix this place up first thanks to you.” I heard Seungri said sarcastically.

“My pleasure. Fine, I’ll help you.” I heard Seunghyun say.

I peeked from the place where I was hiding and saw that Seungri and Seunghyun were facing the opposite side of the warehouse, away from the door. I took that as a perfect opportunity to escape. I tiptoed quietly to the door and slipped outside. Once I was outside I started to run back to the house. I climbed the stairs in a hurry. As soon as I entered the room I threw my jacket off and hanged it inside the closet. I manage to jump on my bed but I didn’t get a chance to pretend to sleep because at that moment Seunghyun entered the room.

“I thought you were sleeping.” He said as he took off the jacket he was wearing and hanged it in the closet.

“I-uhm- I woke up.” I said looking away from him as I lied.

“Oh, well, how’s your arm? Does it still hurt?” he asked as he sat beside me on our shared bed.

“Sometimes, doesn’t it suppose to?” I asked him as I saw a worried look spread across his face.

“No, it’s suppose to heal by know. Let me take a look.” He leaned forward and gently took my arm in his. I turned my face away from me, trying to hide my blushing cheeks. I gasped as I felt the cold air touch my wound. I looked at the wound on my arm, it looked better but I noticed that it wasn’t healing properly and so did Seunghyun.

“God, I should’ve known.” I stared at Seunghyun as he slapped his forehead.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked panicking a little.

“That bullet had poison in it, it’s not healing properly because of it.” Seunghyun explained as he took out a medicine box. He took out a needle and inserted a drug into it. “This might sting a little.” He warned me.

I closed my eyes tightly as he injected the drug in me. I pursed my lips as I felt my wound start to sting and burn.

“Ok, good as new. But we need to get that checked when we go back.” Seunghyun said as he wrapped my arm in a clean bandage.

“Seunghyun, are you really leaving?” I clapped my hand over my mouth as I realized what has slipped out of my mouth.

“You don’t expect me to stay right? I mean I know you know me well enough to know that I’m not letting this bastard get away with what he’s done.” he said raising an eyebrow at me as if that’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“But what if you get hurt? What if he got to you?” I asked in a serious tone that surprised both of us.

“Are you- worried?” Seunghyun teased me, raising an eyebrow. I looked away hiding my blushing cheeks.

“I- I just don’t want to tell your parents about your death that’s all. They’ll blame me.” I said in one breath. I saw him smirk at me.

“Yeah right, princess. Say it you care about me.” He said leaning closer in a taunting manner. My eyes widened as I realized that his face was inches from mine.

“In your dreams.” I said pushing him away by his chest. Both of us looked at where my hands were touching his chest. Both of our cheeks turned red as I snatched my hand away from his chest.

“Uhm… I’m going to sleep, good night.” I said getting under the covers as quickly as I can. I pulled the covers up to cover my body, turned away from Seunghyun and closed my eyes. My cheeks were still burning, keeping me awake. God, what did I just do?

Seunghyun’s POV

I couldn’t get my body to move. Her touch seem to stop me from moving. I unconsciously touched the part of my chest she had touched with her small hands. I felt my heart beat faster in my chest as I could still feel her lingering heat on my chest.

“What have you done to me?” I said smiling a little as I stared at her sleeping form.

I laid down next to her and just stared at her as she slept. I never knew she could be this cute… I liked it. Usually she’s this strong and serious person but I like this side of her better, it’s much nicer. I held my breath as she tussled in her sleep and turned towards my direction, now our faces were only inches apart.

I smiled as I looked at her, she was the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. With her hair falling gracefully around her and as her eyes fluttered in the moonlight she looked like a goddess. I don’t think I’ll ever look at another girl the same way again because the girl sleeping in front of me is perfect.

“I love you.” I whispered. Yeah, I was in love. I know I don’t just like her because I’ve liked other girls before but their touch never made my skin burn, their presence never made my heart beat so fast, their voice doesn’t sound like the most beautiful song ever made. Vic, Seungri may like you, but I love you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A sweet meaningless chapter for you ^^ How you like the story so far? I know it's not as detailed as my other fic because I wanted this to be lighter and happier even though is gonna get emotional in future chapters... Thank you so much for the support, don't forget to COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE! GAMSHAMNIDA FOR READING!