043

Crush

Lucas looked up from his bowl of popcorn as their butler guided Chanyeol into the living room.

“Here for jie, hyung?”

“We made plans. How..are things?” Chanyeol asked him carefully, he grinned at the older male.

“Our mother just left the country, so, it’s just pa and ahgong here.” He said.

“Alessa scared her away? I don’t think so.” Chanyeol said as he sat down across him, Lucas exhaled.

“I know, I need to talk to her, hyung. Ma was being too much. I didn’t know how to act.”

“You did that to protect Ahee and your sister. It’s fine, you don’t have to explain to me.”

“He has to.” Another voice chimed in, Alessa padded in the room.

“Hmmm.” Lucas muttered, he could see how Chanyeol lit up as soon as she appeared, he grinned to himself.

“Well, I’m off for a run. See you later, hyung.” Lucas stood up, he blew Alessa a kiss before leaving the two.

“Are things okay? He seems..better.” He asked as he stood up, Alessa faced him.

“Pa and him had a talk last night, they like Ahee. It’s just that you know, ma is a little..difficult.”

“A little?” Chanyeol raised his brows at her whiel grinning, he opened his arms to the girl.

“Did you sleep well?” Alessandra asked him before walking into his arms.

“I did. You smell nice.” Chanyeol smiled as he tucked her under his chin.

“Should we get brunch?” She asked him while patting his back.

“I’ve been told that I passed the test.” He hummed, Alessa looked up to meet his gaze.

“What?” She blinked at him, Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head at her.

“Nothing, I just realized that the elders like me, unlike your other suitors who all cowered in fear~”

“Okay, we are not going there. Come on, I’m driving.” Alessa chuckled before pulling him with her, Chanyeol smiled to himself and laced his fingers with hers.

 

 

“So, things are all set.” Dylan smiled as he leaned back on his eat, Connor chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

“So, they’re together now?” Caesar asked, Darren chuckled. Lucas and Ahee were sharing a sofa, he was translating to her in low tones.

“He really does suit her well. It’s nice seeing her this happy.” Darren spoke, now Lucas was translating for the rest of the Shanghai squad.

“Unnie, she..she seems relaxed around Chanyeol oppa. She’s more..open, which is really amazing,” Ahee nodded.

“Ge, dot you feel disappointed? You were defeated just a by a simple crush.” Dylan said.

“Right, her crush on him.” Connor set his phone down, Lucas was smiling as he spoke to Ahee.

“A crush? On who?” Ahee was surprised.

“Tell her.” Caesar grinned before pouring himself some tea, Darren shook his head.

“What’s going on?” Ahee asked.

“Well, since it’s out in the open now, but…my jie..she’s always..well, ever since she saw Chanyeol hyung..” Lucas trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

It felt like he was reciting his own death sentence.

“Wait, really?” Ahee was stunned.

“Yeah, that’s why everyone noticed how she’s different around him. Noona literally tiptoes around the guy. You should have seen how she was before.”

“But now it’s different, if not, it seems like Chanyeol oppa is the one who’s nervous.” Lucas recited, Darren nodded and smiled to himself.

“Do you think she’d tell him?” Ahee asked.

“Alessa? She’d rather die than admitting that.” Darren mused back.

 

 

“Eomma, what is it?” Chanyeol blinked at the screen, his mother was videocalling him.

“Are you driving?” Mrs. Park asked, concerned.

“No, I’m out with Alessa.”

Alessa looked away from the road briefly, her brows rose but she smiled at Chanyeol.

“Oh my, really?” Mrs. Park squealed and her son winced.

“We’re out to get some food and some~”

“Can I see her?” She asked him, Chanyeol blinked back, but he turned the phone to Alessa.

“Good morning, auntie.” Alessa spoke.

“I’m so sorry to hear about what happened at that party, Alessa. But I’m glad seeing that you are well.”

Alessa glanced at the screen briefly, and Chanyeol’s mother was still in awe of the girl.

“I’d like to invite you to dinner with us sometime, Alessa. Will that be okay?”

Chanyeol was about to protest, but the girl sent him a look that shot him down quickly.

“That sounds great, auntie. Just give me a call if you already have a date.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the girl before facing his mother.

“Eomma, don’t scare her away.”

“I just want to talk to her, Chanyeol, don’t be rude to the lady. Now, good bye.” She ended the call so quickly that Alessa laughed.

“My mom likes you.”

“My mom too. I’ve never seen her talk to any of my new friends like that.” Alessa added, Chanyeol smiled.

“Now’s not that time to brag about it, Yeol.” She mused at him, but Chanyeol just leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

“Thank you, for agreeing to come to dinner. It really means a lot to me, Wong.”

 

 

“Lucas mentioned that your mom skipped town,” Chanyeol said as they entered the mall, Alessa glanced at him and nodded.

“After the party, she just left. She didn’t even tell pa where she was heading to.” Alessa recounted, she was smiling, her eyes were on a shoe display a few meters ahead of them.

“But, how come you never told me about Seolah?” Chanyeol asked her, Alessa paused briefly, her forehead creased.

“We never got to talk about that, huh?” She replied, Chanyeol offered a small smile before stretching his hand to her.

“It was complicated, Yeol. I was really mad at her, but in a way, I kind of get where she was coming from. She thinks I stole her boyfriend, but she didn’t know how she was choking Sehun that time.”

“She sent men to beat you up, Alessa. You could have..” He trailed off, Alessa smiled and gave his hand a small squeeze.

“It still amazes me how your family never pressed charges. That could have saved me, you know. If people already knew what~”

“Wow, now, it’s my fault you almost married her?” Alessa chuckled, Chanyeol grinned back at her.

“What I’m saying is, I’m glad I met you and that you gave me all these outrageous ideas how to escape her.”

“It was one idea, Chanyeol.”

“Still crazy.” He mused back as they reached a store, and then Alessa paused.

“What makes you think you can just hold my hand in public like this?” She asked him, blinking.

 

“Why? You didn’t shake it off.” He playfully bumped his forehead against hers before hopping away from the girl before she could protest.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++