The Sweet Little Brother

That Cold Wall Called Fate

My life truly started when Myungsoo woke me up from my small nap during our date. When I opened my eyes, it was already late in the afternoon. I yawned, rubbed my eyes, and gasped after I realized that my head was leaning against his shoulders. I yanked my head away and blush.

“I-I’m sorry. Was I heavy–”

“No, you weren’t. I enjoyed it,” Myungsoo interrupted, shyly looking away. I stared at him, and then giggled. I leaned my head against his shoulders and hugged his arm. We stood in this position for a few more minutes, until a little boy ran up to us. He snickered at me, and then kicked Myungsoo’s leg (we don’t even know who this kid is) and screamed while running away as if Myungsoo was a monster. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow as I bursted into laughter. Kids. They were getting stranger and stranger as the days passed by.

“We should go home. It’s almost seven,” Myungsoo said, glancing at his silver watch I had bought him. I nodded my head in agreement and stood up. I smiled at him warmly as Myungsoo yawned and got up. I pouted.

“You should’ve slept when I was sleeping,” I told him. I felt guilty, but when Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, my guilt instantly faded away. Myungsoo was like that. One moment, you’d feel guilty about something he’s done, but the next second, he pushes all that guilt away.

“Eh. Someone had to protect you when we’re sleeping. Plus, I was able to get a picture of you sleeping on my phone. See?” Myungsoo quickly showed me his screen, and I gasped.

“Take that wallpaper off! Oh my gosh! I look so ugly! Why did you have to take a picture of me when I was sleeping?” I complained. Myungsoo laughed and gave me his killer smirk. My heart melted at the sight as he tucked his phone away in his pocket. 

“Live with it. Someday, you’re going to thank me for keeping this picture,” Myungsoo told me. He tapped his finger against my head as I gave him a big, cheesy grin. He had taken a picture of me eating like a pig, and I had told him to delete it. He never did. He still has it on his phone, and whenever I started to eat, he’d show me it right before I dug into my meal. I’d laugh nonstop as I stare at the hilarious picture of myself.

“Oh. We’re here,” Myungsoo announced. I looked up at the small store and heaved a sigh. I live with my parents, who own a small bakery shop. Behind the shop is a small house where I spend most of my time. A few time I would help out my parents, but lately, I’ve been busy hanging out with Myungsoo. My little brother, Chang Hyun, approached me. He grinned at me, and raised his arms up high as if he wanted me to pick him up. I giggled and scooped him up in my arms. Chang Hyun is only four, but he knows how to speak pretty fluently. Myungsoo glared at Chang Hyun.

“I never liked you,” Myungsoo muttered jokingly at Chang Hyun. My brother stuck his tongue out, ignoring Myungsoo’s silly comment. I laughed, as Chang Hyun snuggled in my arms.

“Appa! Umma! Noona is home!” Chang Hyun called in his adorable voice. His wide, brown eyes brightened up at the sight of our parents coming out of the bakery.

“Ah, Myungsoo-ah! How are you?” my father asked, smiling at him. Myungsoo smiled back and bowed politely at him. 

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m doing fine. Except Chang Hyun here is being a bad boy. He stuck his tongue at me!” Myungsoo said, poking Chang Hyun’s cheek. Chang Hyun glared at Myungsoo. The two never really had a good…relationship, I guess. Myungsoo claimed that my attention was focused too much on Chang Hyun. Can you believe that?

“Well you said that you hated him. Of course he’d stick his tongue at you!” I exclaimed.

“I was joking! Plus, he just smiled. See! That evil smile!” Myungsoo shouted, pointing at Chang Hyun’s innocent look. 

“He’s not smiling! Pft! Myungsoo, what am I going to do with you? Are you really jealous of my little brother? I mean, come on! He’s a sweet, adorable baby!” I claimed, pinching Chang Hyun’s cheek. He winced the pain I was giving him. I laughed and kissed his cheek. “Go to Umma and Appa, Chang Hyun-ah. Noona will play with you later, arraso?”

“Shiro! I want to play with Noona right now!” Chang Hyun exclaimed, pouting. I sighed, as Myungsoo pouted along with Chang Hyun.

“Sorry, Chang Hyun, but you’re Noona is mine. Find your own girlfriend,” Myungsoo mocked with a fake evil laugh. Chang Hyun frowned, and then looked at me. He put his small, tiny hands on my shoulder and pouted.

“Noona! I want to play!” Chang Hyun whined.

“Arraso, arraso. But Myungsoo is going to play too, okay?” I told him. 

“Shiro! I want to play with only Noona! Shiro, Shiro, Shiro!” Chang Hyun cried. He started sobbing, as I handed Chang Hyun to my parents.

“I’ll be inside in just a second,” I whispered to them. My parents eagerly nodded as they took Chang Hyun in, trying to calm him down. I heaved a sigh and turned to Myungsoo. I blushed and stared down at my feet. “I’m sorry about Chang Hyun. Really, he’s usually not like this,” I assured him. 

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, he seems to be like this every time I’m around.”

I grinned idiotically. He got a point, but I didn’t want to admit it. I mean, what girl would want to admit that her sweet and innocent little brother is a monster towards her boyfriend? 

“So see you tomorrow?” I asked quietly. Myungsoo grinned and pecked my lips. I swear, I could’ve grown wings and flew to heaven right then.

“See you tomorrow,” he agreed. I smiled as Myungsoo turned around to leave. The two of us continued to wave our hands to each other until Myungsoo watched me go inside the house. After I stepped into the house, I blew him a kiss and giggled. I think I caught Myungsoo blush, because he looked away from my gaze and shyly smiled down to himself. We’ve been dating for years, and it’s so cute to see him so shy whenever I blow him a kiss! 

When I stepped into the house, I was greeted by Chang Hyun again. He frowned at me and crossed his arms.

“Noona! That babo went away, right?” Chang Hyun asked. I chuckled and picked my little brother up. 

“Yes, Myungsoo oppa went away. You don’t call Myungsoo oppa a babo, Chang Hyun-ah. You call him ‘Hyung’, understand?” I told him. Chang Hyun stuck his tongue playfully at me. I laughed, and then walked across the living room. 

I love Myungsoo. Nothing can separate our relationship.

Not even my sweet, little brother.