Chapter 1

Marriage In Disguise

Sun rays flowed through the window and land on Naeun’s face, Naeun stretched her body and get up to get ready for the her routine as usual. “Good morning, Daddy and Mummy,” she greeted her parents as she made her way down the stairs.

“Oh morning my sweetie,” Mrs Son cooed. She handed a glass of orange juice to Naeun as Naeun settled herself down. “Darling, we just had a piece of good news for you,” Mr Son said as he flipped over a few pages of newspaper.

“What is it?” Naeun said as she took a sip of orange juice. “We have arranged a marriage for you!” Mrs Son cheered. Upon hearing that, Naeun choked on the orange juice and splat it all over the dining table.

“What?!” Did she heard it wrong? She was arranged in a marriage?! “ You cannot do this to me?! Don’t you know I got a boyfriend?” She desperately said. “Oh you fool! That worthless thing is not worth becoming your husband!” Mr Son banged his fist on the table.

Dad will not accept Taemin as her boyfriend because of his lowly status… Naeun thought. Tears flowing down her face as she could accept this stupid arranged marriage. She ran to her bedroom, locked the door and cried, burying her head in her arms.