nine

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this was due way too long.
sorry guys, i had too much of work in my hands, and no free time.
even now, i am busy, and i wrote this to clear my head off things.
does some of this count as fluff? i don't know.
anyway, hope you guys enjoy this.

the first few days back home were extremely hard for hoseok. yoongi had set ground rules, first thing back home. the omega had made it clear that he would stay out of hoseok's way, and that he expected the alpha to do the same. yoongi split up the chores, and took the main bedroom to himself, staying locked up inside all the time. hoseok was stuck to the guest room. he had chosen to sleep there initially, but now looking at the bed only made him feel sick.

but the alpha had no one to blame but himself.

second day after coming back, yoongi announced he was going to work. "i don't see why i should stay at home, when i could get work done. you too should be off to work i guess. now that i am working and fine, they will not doubt your presence at the palace too." 

hoseok was hurt by those words, and felt yoongi was getting back to work too early but nodded nevertheless.

maybe the omega could not tolerate being in his presence all day. 

but while yoongi left for work the next day, hoseok lay awake in his bed, staring at the ceiling, lost deep in thoughts. the alpha had no plans on going back to work. he had asked for a week long break, and it was only the third day. he had taken it initially to stay at home with yoongi, but with the omega gone, he really did not want to mope around the house, guilt intensifying every minute.

today morning he decided to make yoongi something he liked for breakfast, which was his job everyday.

and drew a blank.

only then he realised, he knew nothing about yoongi. he had never really taken the effort to find out anything. even before the wedding, he rarely listened to yoongi, his mind filled with nothing envy and jealousy over jungkook, for taking away jimin. 

yoongi on the other hand, seemed to know everything about him. the omega in the past had often made his favorite food, tasting similar to what his mother used to make. the omega had made an effort to get to know him from someone else, and even learnt recipes from his mother.

the realisation only served to tighten those ropes around hoseok harder.

After another hour of staring at the ceiling as if it was going to miraculously give him the solutions to all his problems, the alpha sighed, getting up. he decided to wash up the dishes, he hadn't done it after cooking that morning.

after doing the dishes, the alpha sighed, leaning over the counter. the alpha had no idea what to do, how to make up to the omega, when the latter had requested the two remained as the strangers they were before. hoseok still remembered the words very clearly. 

it was when hoseok tried to help the omega make dinner the previous day. hoseok had gone close to yoongi unconsciously, and as he made a move to stir the soup, where the omega was standing, he accidentally brushed his hand over the other's. hoseok's heart clenched when yoongi visibly flinched from the touch.

"What are you doing here?" 

"i just wanted to help, you have just come back, and you seem tired, so I just.."

"did i say i needed your help? and i am not sick, i am completely fine. you didn't help during my heat, so i don't think i need your help now!" the omega suddenly screamed. hoseok stared at his husband, eyes wide, hand still posed over the ladle. after a moment he gulped loudly and took two steps backwards.  yoongi relaxed at the loss of proximity. hoseok's heart clenched harder, "i am sorry" the alpha whispered, ignoring his instincts to pounce at the omega for disrespecting him so blatantly.

what respect do i deserve?

Yoongi took a deep breath to calm down. "sorry for yelling." the omega sighed. "But I really meant what i said earlier. Just because i spent my heat alone does not mean you have to be all over me. please, please do not come to me over guilt. i do not need your pity."

the omega turned back toward the gas, head bent low as he uttered the next words.

"i just need my personal space, that is all i ask of you. so please, just stay out of it." 

the words still stung hoseok as he looked toward the couch that the omega no longer occupied. the alpha recalled seeing the omega half awake on top of the couch the first few days post marriage, waiting up for him to come back home after work. 

work he spent staring at jimin.

oh god, he was sick.

Shaking his head, determined not to fall into the spiral of self hate and guilt over his past actions, hoseok moved toward the couch, when he noticed a bottle from the counter of his eyes, on the floor. he moved to pick it up, realising it was a spray. he read the label on it. 

it was the spray yoongi always used, to hide his scent. 

an idea struck the alpha.

hoseok quickly sprayed loads of the medicine on to his gland at the neck and his wrists, dousing a little more over his entire body just to be safe.

he could not risk being scented by his husband after all.

hoseok finally knew hot to make use of his days off. he would spend them getting to know his husband

the real min yoongi.  

 

"what the hell are you doing outside the window?" seokjin hissed at hoseok as soon as he was out. the healer had caught the alpha peering into the infirmary, scanning the whole area, no doubt for yoongi, who was actually at the palace, checking up on jimin. 

or vice versa. jimin can be pretty dramatic.

"I was just passing by, nothing else." the alpha said.

"for the past two hours? you are terrible at lying, and worse at hiding, you know that?" embarrassment flooded the guard's cheeks. "were you here for yoongi?" the alpha nodded after a minute. 

"i wanted to know about him a bit." 

seokjin snorted. "by stalking him? are you mad? how are you going to follow him if he can scent you from miles away? are all you alphas brainless?"

hoseok looked shocked. "I am wearing this!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter