Fifteen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys!
Here is the next chapter!
It is a shirt update, but i hope you guys enjoy it the same.
I will updating the next chapter soon!

Yoongi hated it.

The dinner that had the entire Royalty attending.

Everyone Yoongi despised.

He had been lucky to somehow avoid all of them for a long time, being confined to his chambers and being allowed to opt out of the dinners. But there were some times he had to be present, and those were some of the most draining experiences for the omega.

The last one was painful enough.

But, today was such a day.

Yoongi could still technically opt out of the dinner, he knew he would not be missed.

However Jimin had requested him to come, and Yoongi knew he needed to stay by his brother, especially now that the pregnant king was stressed.

No matter how much he hated being there. 

He had to. He had to keep his promise.

And so, putting on the overly unnecessary robes, which was just uncomfortable and always itched after a long time, he stepped into dinner.

Yoongi hated everything.

The omega had tried to stay close to Jimin and Jungkook, and sometimes Namjoon for the entire evening before dinner. And for the most part, gotten away with it.

He had years of experience, after all.

But luck was never on his side, as he saw after a while he realized that he had zoned out, and now he was standing in a corner, all by himself.

.

His eyes darted around, trying to spot a familiar face. He spotted namjoon in the distance, and breathed a relieved sigh. Just as he took a step towards the adviser, a voice called our from behind him.

"Is this Yoongi-shi?"

Yoongi froze in his tracks. He knew the voice all too well. 

It was Sana, wife of the royal treasurer.

Sana hated him, ever since Yoongi came into the palace. 

The feeling had always been mutual.

"Good evening." Yoongi murmured.

"A very good evening to you too, dear." the lady continued in her over the top, one hundred percent fake voice. 

He pitied the royal treasurer. He was a good man.

There was a silence, wherein Sana started looking around as if searching someone. Thinking of leaving while he had the chance, Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, just to be interrupted by her.

"I do not see your husband anywhere, Yoongi-shi. Are you here without him, again?"

Yoongi ground his teeth at the mocking tone, but stayed quiet. He did not want to cause a scene.

Moreover she was right.

He was alone.

He had thought of calling Hoseok along with him, but considering .... whatever was going on between them, he had thought it better to turn up alone.

Moreover, the alpha would have just declined anyway.

" Another day of work, I presume? Funny isn't it? Your husband is the king's guard, and yet is never here for the royal dinner, even when the king is. Must be some other work he has to look after. Surely, something more important than having dinner with his husband and his family."

Yoongi was seething.

"I understand, my dear. Life is not easy when your spouse is so hardworking. But then, what could he do? Poor alpha must have to work hard to earn enough to support the family, am I right?" the woman continued.

" I mean, I guess it was bound to happen when one married above his status anyways. They will have to spend their entire life trying to make up for what the other had been forced to give up."

The woman laughed, bitterly and Yoongi felt tears of anger pricking his eyes.

 Yoongi opened his mouth to retort, but the next few words shocked him to silence.

"I mean, that is what happened to your father as well, didn't it? Poor merchant as he was, trying to live up to your mother's standards led him to kill himself and her. Thought the previous king, may his soul rest in peace, knew better than to put their orphaned child through the same."

she sighed, faking sadness, and the sound pierced Yoongi's heart.

"Now I see, why your alpha never comes to these things. He doesn't want to see what he cannot provide, what even him working all his life will not give him. I mean what can a royal guard provide after all? I get it, now, why he doesn't come to these things."

"And that is where you are completely wrong, ma'am."

Yoongi was still too shocked to turn to look towards the voice, but the omega in him knew.

It was Hoseok.

An arm came to encircle his waist, and the fresh waft of citrus invaded his senses.

Yoongi did not have it in him to fight the feeling, and gave himself into the comfort of the alpha.

Hoseok smiled at Sana, but it was packed with so much venom that the lady had to avert her eyes.

" I could not help but overhear the conversation you were having with my husband. And I was really surprised at the amount of wrong assumptions you have made. And even though I know my husband is more than capable of clearing them himself, I thought I might lend him a hand in the process. So let me tell you some things, Miss.... May I ask your name? We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter